Proof that you can polish a turd.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speed limit is a speed limit, the arguments that they were made for old cars or old roads is bullshit and I'm yet to see proof of such an argument.

So why does every "expert" they bring over to tell us what's wrong with our roads says we need to increase the speed limit on highways and freeways? I think the last one was British, just before Xmas. In a new conference he was ask what was wrong with our roads and he said well you could increase the speed limit. Next thing the officials where trying to shut him up.

Sorry he was German, and he said that the speed limit should be raised too 130-140km/h. But he did say that inner suburban limits should be reduced as well as reducing the limit for trucks.

So where is the 'experts' proof?

Increase the speed limits and there will still be accidents, there will still be speeders and there will still be speeding tickets so the arguments that any government department is holding the limits down it hardly viable

The driving abilities of people, including many who claim to have the ability, is well below a standard that would justify higher limits. Current drivers don't know how to share the road, they are impatient, they don't understand their own limits and they are ignorant. Not qualities that gel well with higher speed limits, but hey the road is made of bitumen, in part it's good for 130kph.

They shouldn't raise the speed limits at all - any faster and you won't do a proper job polishing the turd (which is the subject of this thread).

Seriously, regardless of how new a car is or how good its brakes and tyres are, there are still limits to driver reaction and physical stopping distance. Furthermore, the whole reason why schools have a 40km/h zone around them isn't because cars are incapable of stopping. It's because kids can run out unpredictably and a car doing 60km/h is going to do a lot more damage to the kid than a car doing 40 km/h. Same goes for high pedestrian areas, and residential areas.

On the freeways I can understand raising the speed limit a bit, but road markings, reflectors and signage needs to be drasically improved and lanes need to be widened more. While I'm doing 95km/h, a truck passing me doing 100km/h doesn't upset my car or the caravan a whole lot. A truck at 130km/h though whallops my caravan (in the same direction). Even worse, an oncoming truck doing 130km/h (in the NT) while I was doing 125km/h was a major issue - that's a combined oncoming speed of 255km/h and the buffeting was quite a drama, even when I expected it and moved as far over as I dared.

I don't think they do most of the speed limits with how capable a vehicle is in their minds, nor the revenue they can raise.

They can't raise revenue if nobody's breaking the law!

It looks so cool from the front

It appears he's getting sick of smart arse questions. Maybe he should try writing a book of those smart arse questions, it might sell better.

It even has bonnet clips to stop the bonnet from trying to get away from the rest of the car.

I cant believe he even put his number in the add?? it has to be a joke someone is playing on a mate

Latest posts

Back