Mahindra ute!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgets

Reaction score
Cant say Ive ever heard of this ute before but apparently they are behind the invention of the common rail engine! I also reckon they are behind the worst looking car I have ever seen.
According to what I just read they are a well known name amongst farmers etc in the outback in the form of tractors, machinery etc, will be interesting to hear from you that know the brand.

http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/de... 4294867622 1216&num=15&silo=Stock&sort=Price

http://www.mahindra.com.au/auto/en_AU/product/dual-cab-cargo

Last edited:
Indian brand I seem to recall -- so its probably tough as nails given the roads/ drivers/ conditions over there. But, its true -- about the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

They are one of the few new 4x4's still running a solid axle........... BUT They are definitely FARKEN ugly

Also been around longer than most 'cheap utes' but as nakedape says they are built fairly tough, major difference is they are built tough for people who don't buy on looks alone.

The company has also been making tractors for longer than many leading brands and they supply parts to some of the leading brands, they are cheap and you have to shop for a purpose and buy to suit the needs not just assume that their size is equal to the size of other tractors but there are plenty of people happy with them.

Also been around longer than most 'cheap utes' but as nakedape says they are built fairly tough, major difference is they are built tough for people who don't buy on looks alone.

The company has also been making tractors for longer than many leading brands and they supply parts to some of the leading brands, they are cheap and you have to shop for a purpose and buy to suit the needs not just assume that their size is equal to the size of other tractors but there are plenty of people happy with them.

Yes they do make tractors but doesnt necessarily mean or automatically mean they make a good ute, i have seen a few on the side of the freeway with the bonnet up between home and the ACT, although at the 4x4 show the year before last they got a good rap off of the guy that was giving test rides around the 4x4 track......... so they must be good........... :hmmmm2: still FARKEN ugly not quite ssangyong UGLY but not far behind

Not only are they ugly, but they're not even up to par with a D22.

89kW @ 4000rpm (120hp), 270Nm @ "1600 to 2800rpm" - nice long peak, but nothing like the 402Nm of the '09 D40 I have. Sounds like it's powered by a Toymotor. Towing capacity is 2.5T, the 4WD uses torsion bars up front - it'll ride like shit (ask a D22 owner).

It has an INCREDIBLE turning circle, almost makes it like one of those bump-n-go cars. 6.3M is only just over the 5.1m length of the vehicle - my own Navara has a 13m turning circle. Shit, I think this IS a bump-n-go!

Funny, the GVM is higher than the Navara - obviously they have more faith in their chassis than Nissan do (oh, I wonder what the recalls on the Mahindra are like ... let me check...).

Bloody hell. Maserati, Lambos, even Rollers in the "Other" section and not ONE bloody Mahindra recall. Says something. Ugly fsckers might be reliable?

They are 4 seaters not 5, and with an overall width of 1770 (I presume with mirrors) they're not going to be as stable on uneven ground. I much prefer the extra width of the Navara, but then there's got to be some appeal to these things.

Fancy having a Mahindra Muster and looking at THESE all day?

Mahindra-DC-Cargo-Specifications.jpg

well done Krafty!! ive seen them in service stations and in car parks and driving down roads

Not only are they ugly, but they're not even up to par with a D22.

, the 4WD uses torsion bars up front - it'll ride like shit (ask a D22 owner).

Mahindra-DC-Cargo-Specifications.jpg

The 4x4 they had at the show a couple of yrs back had a solid axle front end, do you know when they changed to torsion bars??

I feel so cheated that guy at the show lied!! i new i should of trusted that bloke and looked for myself:rambo: :sarcastic:

--------------------------------------

Last edited:
I cant believe that salesman didnt know what he was talking about and lied to me!! thats it im never buying one!! haha

What brands Krafty

I can't remember now it was ages ago I first looked at Mahindras, the research wasn't hard back then I can't imagine it being that hard to find now.

I can't remember now it was ages ago I first looked at Mahindras, the research wasn't hard back then I can't imagine it being that hard to find now.

Had a quick look on there website, there's claims about farm stuff and others but no names

They've been selling utes in this country since about 2005 or something, I remember doing the research on them and the tractors years ago. The tractors until recently while having the same name were treated as a separate business entity, these days I think it's more combined and less news is on offer but there is no doubt a business history somewhere.

Latest posts

Back