members day trip - anyone interested?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still hoping to make it not 100% yet
Dose anybody know what the track conditions are like around that way?
I'm new 4wding green so im after some easy er tracks to lern on
I haven't got to much in the way of gear eg uhf or winch but have the basics

Hey mate, someone can correct me if im wrong, but i wouldnt be to worried about track conditions im sure we wont be going and doing anything too, hardcore just get yourself a rear recovery hitch thing and a snatch strap at the minimum.
If you get stuck im sure someone will pull you out or winch you out.
It may cost you a beer at the end of the day though.

Cause im new green I just don't wanna slow ppl down cause I don't wanna do the harder stuff don't wanna wreck the day for others

Most times there are easier ways around the tough stuff, it really isn't much of a problem most of the time.

The main reason for going in a group is so that if you get stuck in a slippery bit someone can pull you or winch you out (most people will be happy to give you a hand).

I've got a spare snatch strap I use for recovering people who don't have their own strap for example (but I'd recommend getting a strap and rated shackles if you're going to go 4 wheel driving).

Tigerz11 have recovery kits for around $159 with most needed bits in em for example and there are some at ironman dealers and on ebay for not much money. They're also available from ARB and TJM shops but expect to pay a bit more.

Last edited:
Hrmmm buxton is abit far for me whilst I'm on call. I'm goin to organize a trip around macedon ranges if anyone is keen

so who's in for the buxton trip?

calcal, when are you planning on organising your trip?

Geez boys, I'm super keen but busy as shit the next few weekends!
I haven't been out since April and I'm getting the frustrated!
Have fun and post some pics!

I'm waiting to hear if I have to work or not - if not, then I'm in for Buxton. Bringing 8yo Jasper with me for his first 4wd adventure :)
Hope to have the UHF wired up on Friday arvo - still using a 40ch unit???
Looking forward to it - hope the rain stops!

You lot are ****ing around like an old mole at a christening.
FFS make can someone grow a set....set a date...a place...and a time.
A thread that started in Aug might actually resolve itself by October....doubt it.

You lot are ****ing around like an old mole at a christening.
FFS make can someone grow a set....set a date...a place...and a time.
A thread that started in Aug might actually resolve itself by October....doubt it.

I think you may be confused... Calcal is organizing another day out mid October, the original thread day out is this Saturday at Buxton.

Latest posts

Back