Queensland Navara Dodgy Mechanics Days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went up and got Zordo to fit the plates today.

2011-11-12145940.jpg

A bit of modification to get the front plate to work with the Nissan steel bar but nothing major and he can fill you in when you pick them up. Bolts are a bit exposed but I'm pretty happy for the price.

Looks like they cover quite a lot, in all the right areas as well. Can't go wrong for the price from what I've seen so far.

If you don't mind doing that Russ that would be fantastic, and depending on what we organise I'll be round to pick them up etc. :cheers!:

Yeh I can get them ray sometime this week. I will be fitting mine and then getting my cousin to weld some bolt head protectors around the bolt heads. So just some 1" pipe with 3mm wall to stop them being ripped off.

Rusty

Ray
just wondering where you ordered all your silicone bends from. As i am in need of one but not urgent and would like to save a few bucks.
Cheers

Hey all, thought you might want to see the results of my efforts from that Saturday at Rays place. 2 photos showing the difference in light between the factory installed light, and the LED strips.

Attachments

• image-2418845232.jpg
    image-2418845232.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1513139393.jpg
    image-1513139393.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 84
I'm also gonna bump this up. Us Brisbane people need to bust in another mechanics day to get the gang together. I don't have the room here at my place, but may be able to get the use of the old man's yard. Unless someone else wants to organise something. I'm sure some people need a hand fixing or installing something

I'm also gonna bump this up. Us Brisbane people need to bust in another mechanics day to get the gang together. I don't have the room here at my place, but may be able to get the use of the old man's yard. Unless someone else wants to organise something. I'm sure some people need a hand fixing or installing something

I need to install my electric winch :wink:

Sounds good to me. Being the slacko I am I still have not put the other bash plate on. I have a bonnet scoop that is taunting me as well.

Lol Brodie. It's been a while since the last dodgey mechanics day when you put the first plate on.

I need to work out where to drill my service holes in these bashplates of mine

I need to install a snorkel . . . seems like the next day could be a lot like the last.
I also have no room at my place to host a day like this kut keen to attend all the same.

Ineed to install a snorkel . . . seems like the next day could be a lot like the last.
You could day that again. How many time do you want to fit your snorkel? Lol. Well ill try see if I can get use of some room somewhere. If anyone else reads this thread and wouldnt mind hosting that would be great.

Do a BBQ lunch again like last time.

On another mote has anyone heard from Raywise lately? He seems to have vanished. Maybe he sold up

Yeah I know I have been very slack. I have had no one to go out 4x4ing with lately and I don't like to do risky things on solo trips. So I have been working on other things like bikes and boats and such.
Back to the ute now though. I have been looking into couplertek and the sorts.

Yep, I'm still here, :big_smile:,

Just been away doing some other things. Since our last DMD at my place, I've had a nice BIG carport put in out the front of the shed. I don't mind hosting again, or I'm happy to go to wherever, alls good.

Talk soon, (I think the spray in tub liner will be my project for the day, :) )

Yep, I'm still here, :big_smile:,

Just been away doing some other things. Since our last DMD at my place, I've had a nice BIG carport put in out the front of the shed. I don't mind hosting again, or I'm happy to go to wherever, alls good.

Talk soon, (I think the spray in tub liner will be my project for the day, :) )

Ray,
Which tubliner did you end up getting?

I'm still in for a DMD, but it will need to be next year atleast. Weekends are crazy until New years.

Rusty

I haven't bought the spray liner yet Russ, will do a bit more research 1st. Yours looks pretty good, how has it handled all of your travelling etc?

Mine has done really well. I have no chips out of it at all. Only thing it has chipped off is the plastic lugs in the floor. I have a few gouges from dragging heavy items over it but it did go through the cape with everything constantly bouncing on it with no further damage then what I left from Brisbane with.

The only downside to my kit was I had to measure and mix everything myself. A lot of guys are using the Raptor Liner kits and are super easy to use by adding the hardener to the bottle and shaking then spraying on. I have the Schutz Gun for the Raptor Kits so save your coin on that and use mine if you want. $199 gets you 4L of Raptor Kit and that will do your tub probably 2timesbof a thick coat. I did mine in 3light coats then 1mild-thick coat. Plus a lot of prep with a light sand and then wipe down with wax and grease remover, then taping up etc

I'd like to come to the next one too. Hopefully it's not on a work day!

Don't have anything to do to my Nav really. Be good to just meet everyone and lend a hand if needed.

Latest posts

Back