Recall - D40 Navara & R51 Pathfinder Hood Latch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May 09 manufacture date and my VIN is VSKCVND40... so I miss out on the recall? But I have a steel bullbar??

Mines June or July 09 (can't remember which one off the top of my head) and starts with the same VIN sequence. I got my recall letter yesterday and mine had a factory fitted nudge bar which going by the info they sent isnt one of the ones effected. Sure I could have fitted something else since I brought the vehicle therefore this is covering their arse but don't take those VIN's as the only ones effected because like your mine fell out of that range.

Finally got around to ringing the dealer and they reckon they want my car for 2 hours and are so busy doing recalls they can't fit it in till late next week. Mind you their two hours some how consists of me dropping it off at 8am and not being able to pick it up until 12, it's no wonder their prices are so high in the service department if 8 + 2 = 12.

I got my recall letter today. It specifically states:

... relates to a potential seperation (sic) of the Hood Striker Loop from the Hood ...

So I went out and checked mine. There are lines around the weld that holds the loop into place, which may be indicative of dirt that's just formed in a crease in the weld, or it might be an actual crack. I have booked my car in for an examination next Tuesday. Until then, I have to keep my speed below 90km/h on dirt/gravel roads and below Mach 2 on tar.

I'll manage.

Another recall letter arrived today. Will make phone calls tomorrow to arrange booking.

And seeing as though my VIN sequence is not in the range specified in the public notice, it doesn't give me much faith in the quality control process for whoever vetted the whole thing ;)

Boost gauge

G'day guys just would like to no were would you get vacum for boost reading for a gauge i'v tryed a few spots but im not geting the right readind i have a d40 2007 nov build. Cheers

No letter,didn't even check if i'm in the vin range,the ute goes in for 120.000 service on Friday so i will ask then.

apparently it all hinges on if your bullbar etc weighs more than 55kg.
What happens if your current bar is under that weight but you change up to a heavier bar. Will they step up and change out the springs .........

I have no bull bar,i will ask if it still needs to be done or not,and,what if i plan to fit one next month.

My dealer advised me that they need to inspect the latch and it's the latch that makes the difference. I noticed 3 weld points on one side of mine, and only one on the other. Steel being what it is, you wouldn't think it would let go in a hurry, but after repeated runs down the Cannington Stock Route at 170km/h I could see it getting shaken a bit loose.

Those welds might not be the best, either.

Going by what the dealer told me they aren't interested whether there is a bar and winch fitted or not they are replacing whatever is deemed faulty so that if heavier weight gets added down the track the front end is compliant.

Their records show mine was factory fitted with the nudge bar and they also asked if I've added a steel bar or which since purchase but still insist the car will be inspected and repaired so that the hoop and latch wont be an issue if circumstances change. I don't know if all dealers are instructed to inspect and fix all models or only inspect and make a judgment but mine local says replace so I'll be checking their work before and after too see if they do as they say.

My dealer told me the same Krafty. I do have a bull bar fitted, but he said even if I didn't they would like to check it out. Goes in Tuesday.
Cheers, Phil

Mine goes in Tuesday.

Apparently rectification can involve combinations of any or all of the following:

-replacement of the latch assembly
-replacement of the bonnet assembly
-installation of factory "heavy duty" suspension
-installation of an additional cable to secure the bonnet from becoming unsecured

As discussed with the service department who wil rectify my vehicle, my suspension will not be touched as I already have Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension installed.

Apparently the majority of rectifications will include installation of the secondary cable to secure the bonnet (safety cable).

From what I was told, the service/inspection procedure is rather complex and runs to quite a number of pages. In the most complex circumstances, they may require vehicles for up to 2 days for rectification.

2 days without my car, I'll have to hire a D22 and and restrict the business to bowl cuts only.

2 days without my car, I'll have to hire a D22 and and restrict the business to bowl cuts only.

...Hire a D22?

Hang on Krafy, that's just crazy talk. No need to go that low in the world. Get yourself a corolla....or a hyundai getz or something....

;)

Latest posts

Back