Recall - D40 Navara & R51 Pathfinder Hood Latch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going by the posts so far, there seems to be different inspection/repairs for the one recall?????

Glad I've got a '22 :sarcastic:

Most of the recalls will get stickers only.
Some will get stickers and an extra bonnet retainer kit.
Some will get springs and the above.
Very very few will gte a new bonnet.

Two days is rubbish. Some dealers will obviously order parts only after checking the vehicle and then fit them when they arrive. No reason you can't come back to do the springs which shouldn't take too long and also no reason they can't have a set or two in stock ready to do any that require it. Some dealers are just dumb and don't give a rats though so thats what you get I suppose.
They will not do springs if you don't have 55kg plus hanging on the front or the height measurement is ok. Trouble is if you get a bullbar or winch or whatever later it will be your problem to get the springs done as I read the dealer bulletin.

That's BS! I'll be waiting until the next service if mines recalled.

Our new Jeep Wrangler got a recall for the steering damper failing, dropped it off for the 10K service, picked it up, only to be told they had run out of dampers and we would have to take it back next week for half a day!. Told the manager he could stick that, and made a pretty big scene, so they have arranged a mechanic to fit it at our house this weekend!.

I wish Nissan could be more obliging when it comes to stuff ups on their behalf.

Yep got my recall letter and made the booking.....and then got told that it could be a 2-3 day job given that I have steel bar, winch, bash plates and aftermarket suspension ;-(

Mine was checked last friday and as i don't have a bull bar or winch there was no problem.
They put a sticker on the car and thats it.I have aftermarket suspension and i'm very happy with the ride and would be very pissed off if they changed the front springs for something that didn't ride as well.
I asked what would happen if i wanted to fit a bar and winch next month and they said as the inspection has already been carried out i would have to take the matter up with Nissan Aus.

My letter was waiting at home for me too, I will contact them sometime next week and see what they want me to do.

Most of the recalls will get stickers only.
Some will get stickers and an extra bonnet retainer kit.
Some will get springs and the above.
Very very few will gte a new bonnet.

Two days is rubbish. Some dealers will obviously order parts only after checking the vehicle and then fit them when they arrive. No reason you can't come back to do the springs which shouldn't take too long and also no reason they can't have a set or two in stock ready to do any that require it. Some dealers are just dumb and don't give a rats though so thats what you get I suppose.
They will not do springs if you don't have 55kg plus hanging on the front or the height measurement is ok. Trouble is if you get a bullbar or winch or whatever later it will be your problem to get the springs done as I read the dealer bulletin.

Cheers for the clarification.

its pretty poor if nissan say that after the inspection if you fit a nudge bar its on your own head. It would be a nissan part and should not cause any issues with the car its going on

Mine goes in tomorrow. It has a steel ARB bullbar, winch and Old Man Emu suspension. Will obviously let you all know what the outcome is, however as the result will be vehicle-specific it's not necessarily indicative of what everyone can expect.

I have to remember to take mine in on Thursday, hopefully this thread will keep getting added to and be at the top of the new threads list to remind me not to make other plans.

People have different ideas about what Nissan do and don't owe them when it comes to a recall but I really couldn't care less if Nissan just stickered my car and told me the cost of fixing it later, should circumstances change, is up to me.

I went to grab something out of my car this morning at 9:15am (dropped it off late yesterday afternoon) and it had already been completed.

The ride height was fine (as to be expected) and they had checked the latch and bonnet catch assembly.

They installed the supplementary retaining strap. I will try to remember to take some pics and post them tonight.

Just picked mine up from the dealers & as well as the additional bonnet strap, they have installed heavy duty struts.
The ride height is higher (Looks about 30-40mm).
Oh, I also have lots of stickers.
Cheers, Phil

I snapped a photo with the phone this morning. The car is on an angle & looks lower in the rear in the photo.
The back was 40mm higher than standard & now the front after the recall is about the same.

Attachments

• After_Recall.jpg
    After_Recall.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 112
Had my recall done this morning, as I hoped all I got was the sticker warning not to add front protection over 55kgs without addressing the current issue. All good as far as I'm concerned although I was once again reminded why Nissan never get my cars for service when the paper work shows the rego as incorrect, the VIN as incorrect, my contact details as in correct and the information as reported that needed looking into as incorrect, at least they knew it was a Navara I suppose.

Well mines been done

Here's the bonnet now
DSC01147.jpg

And the bottom end
DSC01148.jpg

This is how its SUPPOSED to work
DSC01149.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

The reality is the cable slips off the bottom post and slips back around the secondary bonnet release lever making it almost impossible to open

I have yet to take mine in and i was wondering what the weight is of the Nissan Alloy bar?
Does the Nissan Alloy bar weigh more than 55kg? I am just wondering if they are going to upgrade the front suspension on mine....
I appreciate they have tried to fix a potential problem but that bonnet strap is a pretty piss poor solution... It relies on whoever closes the bonnet to actually hook it on... i would hate to be the repairer that forgot and then the bonnet flew up... oops liable

Well mate when you've hung around race tracks as long as both of us have you already know the answer to that question, but given the way they've tried to fix your paintwork what did you expect....

You might find this shot more interesting

DSC01144.jpg

I gotta say, if I saw that strap/sticker in a dealership, there is no way I'd by a D40. On a Great Wall I'd kinda expect it but that's not acceptable on a Nissan. IMHO anyway

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back