Recall - D40 Navara & R51 Pathfinder Hood Latch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol....I thought the comment might have been directed at me.....

Because I'm no man....just a sad little boy with a bad haircut ;)

But oh! Big news is the house is "under offer" so lookout Tassie, here we come! WOO HOO!

booked my car in they told me in certain terms its not going to a defaint replacement they will inspect then decide and thats booked in for the 29th and i only got that because i know the sevice people they were saying there only booking in a certain amounts of recalls a day and there now next avable bookings are 10 of july onwards

I'm not worried about being without the hair dryers or who I'm feeling (I've got a good pair of welding gloves if you're interested), the thing that worries me most about getting a D22 is that the lobotomy that comes with them, it appears while the scar disappears but the operation is irreversible. I think Ants was right the Getz might be a safer option.

Put my mid 09 Nav in for it's 6 month service yesterday. Got home to find my recall notice. Quick call to the Dealer and they "carried out work as per campaign bulletin" with the service. Good timing, saved me a trip.

Put my mid 09 Nav in for it's 6 month service yesterday. Got home to find my recall notice. Quick call to the Dealer and they "carried out work as per campaign bulletin" with the service. Good timing, saved me a trip.

You would think they would have known without you having to ring them though I hope. Do you know if they changed anything? I notice my bonnet latch was squeeking the other day, mind you so is everything else haha.

I just put mine in for service and i didn't have to ask about the recall,they told me they are doing it today.Haven't got the letter yet.
There was another guy booked in for recall and they are doing it while he waits,so i don't think it takes that long.
Got an X-Trail to thrash around for the day.
Beats a D22.....:devil:

Talk about peer group pressure! Not receiving a letter and not having my VIN listed in the recall was killing me, so down I drove to the dealer to find out. The service manager said all D40s are captured by the recall and went to book my D40 in for the recall work but the computer wouldn't accept it as my VIN is excluded. :sad:

I asked why - he reply "dunno, its all done by Nissan".

I am now assuming it is because my D40 was not built on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon!:sarcastic:

Maybe it's got something to do with when rather than which. Seems letters are being handed out at random not by age or anything so it could be that Nissan is doing them all in stages. There has been no ad in the Victorian papers about the recall yet which usually happens after the letters have been sent out so I'd say they are still getting through the list. Some dealers may do the work without the VIN being called but others might be waiting just to ensure they actually get paid for all the jobs they do.

so i went in to nissan this afternoon and it seems that they are replacing the fronts with slightly higher and softer springs as well as a cable attachment as a secondary latch. i'm wondering what people with aftermarket springs are doing? as i would imagine that this would void warranty or insurance if the situation were to ever occur and you declined the nissan fix?

Well folks its more than a simple recall, first you get your letter from Nissan and book the vehicle in at the dealer, then they do an inspection and work out if you have a bullbar and a winch and if all of that weighs over 55kg. If you don't you get a sticker on the door and 1 in the book saying if you fit a bullbar bring it back for ANOTHER inspection.

If like mine you have a steel bar winch drivi9ng lights etc then they check to see if there is any cracking around the latch, if so you're up for a 2 day repair (once the parts arrive).

If like me you are lucky and just need an uprated catch then the parts are ordered and you come back another day and have the work done.

IT WOULD BE NICE IF NISSAN MENTIONED THIS IN THE LETTER or THE DEALER MENTIONED IT WHEN I BOOKED IN!

SO IF YOU HAVE A STEEL BULLBAR AND WINCH 2 TRIPS and AT LEAST 2 DAYS WITHOUT A VEHICLE

so i went in to nissan this afternoon and it seems that they are replacing the fronts with slightly higher and softer springs as well as a cable attachment as a secondary latch. i'm wondering what people with aftermarket springs are doing? as i would imagine that this would void warranty or insurance if the situation were to ever occur and you declined the nissan fix?

Should I ever get drafted I'll be a 'conscientious objector' on the front springs as I have some fab aftermarket springs and I am not given them up for crappy Nissan ones.

BH

Well folks its more than a simple recall, first you get your letter from Nissan and book the vehicle in at the dealer, then they do an inspection and work out if you have a bullbar and a winch and if all of that weighs over 55kg. If you don't you get a sticker on the door and 1 in the book saying if you fit a bullbar bring it back for ANOTHER inspection.

If like mine you have a steel bar winch drivi9ng lights etc then they check to see if there is any cracking around the latch, if so you're up for a 2 day repair (once the parts arrive).

If like me you are lucky and just need an uprated catch then the parts are ordered and you come back another day and have the work done.

IT WOULD BE NICE IF NISSAN MENTIONED THIS IN THE LETTER or THE DEALER MENTIONED IT WHEN I BOOKED IN!

SO IF YOU HAVE A STEEL BULLBAR AND WINCH 2 TRIPS and AT LEAST 2 DAYS WITHOUT A VEHICLE

That's BS! I'll be waiting until the next service if mines recalled.

Our new Jeep Wrangler got a recall for the steering damper failing, dropped it off for the 10K service, picked it up, only to be told they had run out of dampers and we would have to take it back next week for half a day!. Told the manager he could stick that, and made a pretty big scene, so they have arranged a mechanic to fit it at our house this weekend!.

I wish Nissan could be more obliging when it comes to stuff ups on their behalf.

i've just got the standard nudge bar, but i did tell him i was looking into an ARB bar and that's what he said to me.

Latest posts

Back