Ridgie's ride.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pics of the latest changes.

I had the recovery hooks mounted in the holes where the rear bar was attached but when I decided to fit the piece of checkerplate they became useless so thinking of mounting them where the tow bar is bolted - which will mean drilling one hole in the chassis. Ideally I would like to ditch the tow bar - still thinking about that one though.

Still waiting on the correct tray for my second battery so I'll post pics of the whole job when that is fitted.

Attachments

• DSCF7811.jpg
    DSCF7811.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCF7814.jpg
    DSCF7814.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCF7816.jpg
    DSCF7816.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF7817.jpg
    DSCF7817.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCF7799.jpg
    DSCF7799.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 231
in the words of Borat "vary niiiccce"
checker plate looks smart. Can't quite figure out where the hook is on the car?

Cheer Heath.

The hook WAS behind the checker plate in each corner - bolted to the chassis rail.

Here's some pics of the latest changes.

I had the recovery hooks mounted in the holes where the rear bar was attached but when I decided to fit the piece of checkerplate they became useless so thinking of mounting them where the tow bar is bolted - which will mean drilling one hole in the chassis. Ideally I would like to ditch the tow bar - still thinking about that one though.

Still waiting on the correct tray for my second battery so I'll post pics of the whole job when that is fitted.

The checker plate we can incorperate into a rear bar for you Daz and have the recovery points on the rear bar

Cheers fellas.

I wasn't sure if I would like the checkerplate - I saw it on another Nav close to home and I liked the idea, just wasn't sure about the look - I did consider mild steel painted black but the checkerplate is cheap and easy to work with - and I actually like it now that it is done.

Heata - The spare wheel is another 'plan' which ties in with a rear bar - my thinking cap is on with regard to that set up and Scotty is on to me!!! We will need to have another garage chat Scotty - perhaps when we are doing my modified air box.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. I haven't got a spare weekend until 28/29 May - but let me know when you have it and we may be able to work somethinmg out!

Further update......

EGR mod done today and changed the plumbing also. The sticky threads made this job very simple. Thanks to the Leprechaun for a quality plate.

Thanks to Scotty for his help and pointing me in the right direction with the tray and for doing the initial cable work.
Fitted the correct tray before last weekend, and got he battery sorted on Sat morning on the way to Dargo. Heata - your patience is appreciated. I put some finishing touches to the dual battery set up today. Very happy with the results.

Attachments

• DSCF7847.jpg
    DSCF7847.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF7852.jpg
    DSCF7852.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF7848.jpg
    DSCF7848.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF7851.jpg
    DSCF7851.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Cheers Jase.

Yep. Picked up a Waeco 40ltr for $500 with the insulated cover. Works a treat and fits perfectly on the skinny side of my tub.

Keep up the good work Daz! R u doin the 80 series airbox? That's what I've got planned next. Joe (superiorcruiser) has given me a few pointers so wish me luck! I wasn't gonna bother but then I had a good look at how many pipes and bends between snorkel and airbox and thought, yep.
Cheers

Thanks Heata. No more ice is a bonus. And I don't just wash the outside - a quick spray of the bay after each trip.

Last edited:
Hey mate, nice work with your nav!! Looks real tidy.
Just wondering how loud it is with no muffler? Im thinking of taking mine out cus I want more note but don't want it to be anoyingly loud

Yep - it's louder. But by all accounts sounds 'sweet'. I guess it depends on what you consider loud! Initially I didn't want the 'noise' as it was my daily driver but that has changed so I don't mind the noise now. If it did I could always put the muffler back in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back