RLIs Nissan Patrol rebuild under way

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLI

Reaction score
After building and owning a D22 and a D40 dual cab, my new project is a another Nissan Patrol GU 4.2 turbo diesel.

I hope you will enjoy my journey building her for ‘Operation Cape York 2013’.

The following photos the striping down of the patrol.

PS, Navara Asia rules!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 15,381
  • IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 299
Looks like it needed a good clean! Will be a good truck when done. RLI does it have a front mount cooler? If not are you fitting a intercooler?

Bryan

Call me silly but what is the purpose of gutting it?

G,day Blacknav,

Because my wife and I did a lot of beach fishing when we used to live on the Sunshine coast in QLD, I made it a habit to strip out my 4x4s and soak the interior including inside the door cavities with both fisholene and lanocote. It was cheap insurance.

Where we live now on the Coffs coast of NSW, we have now started to spend a bit of time at Pebbly beach not far from home and it involves a saltwater crossing at station creek to get to it, so it’s good reassurance to protect the interior whilst bringing sand and salt into the vehicle.

Regards,

RLI
:chainsaw:

Looks like it needed a good clean! Will be a good truck when done. RLI does it have a front mount cooler? If not are you fitting a intercooler?

Bryan

G, day Bryan,

No she does not have a front mounted intercooler. Yes I am going to fit an intercooler (a Cross-Country Ultimate Top Mount Intercooler kit) these having been getting good results for the Patrol. This is the same unit fitted to the Patrol on the ‘All for Adventure’ TV show

I paid a deposit 4 weeks and was advised there was a 8 week waiting list to get one. As soon as I get it fitted up I will post up photos.

Regards,

RLI

2 inch Suspension kit fitted!

G, day folks,

Between down time being bed ridden with this Crohns disease, I have recently fitted a 2 inch suspension kit to the Patrol.

I decided on 2inch King springs all-round, fitted with the Amada Extreme reservoir shocks with the appropriate valving to suit my off-road needs whilst towing the Jayco Hawk off-road camper trailer. The reservoir shocks help dissipate the excessive heat generated whilst traveling over the treacherous corrugated tracks around the country and you also the ability to rebuild these babies.

I have also fitted polyair air bags to the rear coils and finally replaced the factory steering damper with a toughdog heavy duty sucker!

Until next time, the story continues!!!!!!!!!View photos attached,

Regards,

RLI
:saberfighting::deadhorse2:

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 194
RLI I am back!

G, day folks,
Sorry for being missing in action over the last couple of weeks, I have been flat-out with the Patrol rebuild and my Jayco off-road camper trailer retro-fit of the new Cruisemaster independent coil suspension. Also the handbrake (the wife) had me doing the f—king gardens, and other odd jobs around the house.

My last post so me installing the new Amada reservoir shocks, after seriously testing these babies out (suffering from a severe hard-on in the pants) I discovered that the rear new 33 inch Dick Cepek tyres were hitting the outside walls of the external reservoirs also I did not like the look of the main piston shaft on the shock being so exposed to the elements.

I sourced a set of 4 rubber boots from Coffs Harbour ARB to protect the external shafts. Before installing the boots, I placed them in boiling water to help soften the ends so they would slide over the lower mount. Then attaching cable ties to both ends. See photos attached.

I have now fitted both front and rear lockers to the patrol, Lock-rite auto locker to the front and an ARB rear air locker. I have also fitted new 33inch Dick Cepek tyres and 4 new IPF roof mount lights to the roof rack. See photos attached.

Next time, I hope to have the interior re-fitted.

PS, Life is like a piece of shit! It is great until you step in it!

Regards,

RLI

:rambo::deadhorse2:

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 194
G, day folks,

I have nearly finished my camper trailer retro-refit and I will be soon attacking the Patrol again. I.e. refit interior, install new instrument gauges, rear cargo barrier, ARB fridge and fridge slide, make a storage system for the rear cargo area, fit new DTS turbo and 3inch exhaust system, fit Cross country intercooler, fit new alloy radiator, fit new Exedy h/duty clutch, fit new front and rear DBA h/duty rotors and brakes, fit a set of Scott Thomas rock sliders. All the goodies except the rock sliders are in my garage ready to be installed.

PS, hopefully the third infusion that I had on Thursday will help me overcome this shit crohns disease so I that I fit the gear to my Patrol.

Regards,

RLI

This patrol is gonna be clean and tidy. I like guys who take time to really appreciate there trucks and spend the time to work on them keeping them in top shape. If I lived down that way I would of been more than keen to throw my hands up to give you a hand in getting this truck rolling again. Keep up the top work and hope I can get myself to a muster one year to meet everyone.

Goodluck with the infusion. My nephew has crohns and he has just had a major emergency bowel operation and is now back in hospital again with more issues from his ops. Now he is facing depression as you had mentioned in one of your other threads.

Goodluck again
Rusty

This patrol is gonna be clean and tidy. I like guys who take time to really appreciate there trucks and spend the time to work on them keeping them in top shape. If I lived down that way I would of been more than keen to throw my hands up to give you a hand in getting this truck rolling again. Keep up the top work and hope I can get myself to a muster one year to meet everyone.

Goodluck with the infusion. My nephew has crohns and he has just had a major emergency bowel operation and is now back in hospital again with more issues from his ops. Now he is facing depression as you had mentioned in one of your other threads.

Goodluck again
Rusty

G, day Rusty,

First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your nephew’s terrible news, one the best Gastroenterologist in Brisbane is Dr Daniel Burger. He is located at suit 77, level 4 Sandford Jackson Building at the Wesley Hospital in Brisbane. Phone number (07) 3870-4167. This guy has just returned from Oxford University in the UK. He is highly regarded as one of the best Gastroenterologist in Australia. He has certainly helped me and my family. Get your nephew to give him a call.

Has for the depression, he will need the support of all his family and friends; he needs to be hearing good positive language around him and for people to genuinely listen to his concerns. Bombard him with conversations regarding his hobbies or his favourite subjects he likes to talk about. Good luck.

Thanks for your positive comments and offer to help me! You see, you have lifted my morale, let’s do the same for your nephew!

PS, if you ever travel down to Coffs Harbour region, gives a call.

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

G, day Rusty,

First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your nephew’s terrible news, one the best Gastroenterologist in Brisbane is Dr Daniel Burger. He is located at suit 77, level 4 Sandford Jackson Building at the Wesley Hospital in Brisbane. Phone number (07) 3870-4167. This guy has just returned from Oxford University in the UK. He is highly regarded as one of the best Gastroenterologist in Australia. He has certainly helped me and my family. Get your nephew to give him a call.

Has for the depression, he will need the support of all his family and friends; he needs to be hearing good positive language around him and for people to genuinely listen to his concerns. Bombard him with conversations regarding his hobbies or his favourite subjects he likes to talk about. Good luck.

Thanks for your positive comments and offer to help me! You see, you have lifted my morale, let’s do the same for your nephew!

PS, if you ever travel down to Coffs Harbour region, gives a call.

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

Paul
Thanks for this information and I have already forwarded it onto my nephew. He only came put of Mater hospital yesterday and is still waiting for test results to find out the best procedure to cure his pain and infections.

I will certainly give you a call if I travel down that way. Hoping to attend the muster not this year but next. Keep up your good work mate.

Rusty

G, day folks,

Here is photos of both my Patrol and Camper trailer after having recent modifactions done. Enjoy!

Regards,

RLI

Attachments

• IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0921.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 139
The camper's too low - you'll never make it!

seriously, looks seriously good.

G, day Bullwinkle,

Mate, ill shit both the Creb and Telegraph tracks in next August with the extra entry and departure angles now. No more anchor dragging by the old axle assembly anymore, at the independent suspension will ride better over ruts and other obstacles.

PS, will take photos soon and attached to this thread demonstrating campers new capabilities off-road.

Regards,

RLI

Looking forward to the pics. I'd love to get up there, but it's just so bloody far. Maybe one day.....

When's the TD42 getting ripped out for a Duramax ?

In my opinion, that would be the best mod for a TD42 powered Patrol.

holy hell that camper sit high!! love it looking good! you just need an extension ladder on the racks of the patrol to get in the camper!

bryan

Latest posts

Back