RLIs Nissan Patrol rebuild under way

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When's the TD42 getting ripped out for a Duramax ? In my opinion, that would be the best mod for a TD42 powered Patrol.

G, day Dave,

Mate, unless you have won the lottery and you are feeling so generous, can you please organise the $30,000.00 for the Duramax conversion! I will love you forever! I agree with you that would be the ultimate engine mod for the Patrol.

However, I do not have the $30,000.00 for the Duramax conversion so I have to settle for the Paupers Claytons engine mods i.e. High flow turbo upgrade, 3inch exhaust and Cross-country intercooler kit for around $ 4,750.00.

Regards,

RLI
:shooter:

holy hell that camper sit high!! love it looking good! you just need an extension ladder on the racks of the patrol to get in the camper!

bryan

G,day mate,

Stay tuned! I will post up photos with the camper set-up. The new steps makes it easy to get into the camper.

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

G,day lads,

Received my new Crosscountry intercooler for the Patrol today, see photos attached.

PS, note the size of the bonnet scoop.

Regards,

RLI

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 185
G, day lads,

The following photos are of goodies that have to be fitted to the Patrol. I have been feeling a bit under the weather lately, so i have not been able to fit them at present.

I go back to Brisbane next Thursday for another infusion treatment for my Crohns disease. I hopefully should have more energy to continue the rebuild project. I will keep you all informed.

The following goodies in the photos are to be installed, they are;

Garmin GPS, TPMS tire monitor gauge, oil pressure & oil temp gauges, transmission & water temp gauges, boost & exhaust temp gauges, dual battery monitor gauge, 4 internal switches, second air compressor & tank, front and rear sway bar disconnects, h,duty drag link, Harris front diff protector, 5mm front bash plate, Led rear work light, oil catch can, rear spoiler and a winch saver rubber block to stop the hook damaging the fairlead.

PS, I will post photos as I go.

Regards,

RLI
:sniper:

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 142
Just out of curiosity mate, how big is that light bar attachéd to the front? Is it 10 inch?

RLI said:
G, day mate,

Yes she is 10inch. Got it of e-bay for $200.00.

Regards,

RLI
:shooter:

Nice got any performance photos at all?? Happy with it?

G, day dave,

What are your performance figures like?

Regards,

RLI

The only performance figures i have is my right foot, Personally i think it holds on the hills around my place better, Not huge leaps and bounds but its better. And it seem livelier with the turbo spooled up. Is it worth $1450 delivered? Well i,m happy with the money i spent, Bit more poke and better for towing the camper, Plus it,s a catchers mit for the turbo if something were to happen.

d22dave said:
The only performance figures i have is my right foot, Personally i think it holds on the hills around my place better, Not huge leaps and bounds but its better. And it seem livelier with the turbo spooled up. Is it worth $1450 delivered? Well i,m happy with the money i spent, Bit more poke and better for towing the camper, Plus it,s a catchers mit for the turbo if something were to happen.

My exact thoughts. Especially having a safety net is always good.

Its all coming together very nicely RLI, but after looking at the pics on the previous page i cant help but think you may need some more lighting up front, as i dont think you will be able to light up Tassie from coffs just yet!! But ya not far off!! lol :blingbling:

look forward to seeing more of the build. :redcool:

Regards,
Nathan.

Latest posts

Back