Scenic Rim in Feb 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope not mate. I have std suspension and tyres. The only rescue kit I have is a folding shovel and a tow hitch shackle :big_smile:

nah, ya'll be right, i've not been to scenic rim myself, but i understand that there's a few track around of different grades, so there'll be something to suit your vehicle for sure.

i wouldn;t worry too much about recovery gear, there'll be enough around to get you out.:lol:

I've got a fair swag of the stuff myself. (though i'm still missing things like a hi-lift and/or bottle jack, drag chain, winch, etc)

I would like to get involved with this. Only moved over to QLD recently and need to get out more.

I can do either day. My only drama is that i don't have any recovery gear, will that be a problem? Do i need a Nav with super powers to be involved. (lift kit and diff lockers etc).

Well If you have a D22 you will be fine !!!

SORRY everyone with a D40 Only Jokes

I hope not mate. I have std suspension and tyres. The only rescue kit I have is a folding shovel and a tow hitch shackle :big_smile:

Scuba, don't be to concerned. I did the "easy" route around the park in standard d40 snow plow form with minimal problems and didn't need a tow out at any stage.

Last edited:
Cool, well ive invited a mate with a hilux, one with a nav and another with a GU, pretty sure the nav and 'lux are in on the trip, either way, gonna be a good day out in the muck, show these boys what a Nav can do!

Well, the Biscuit and EXALNT (also a Nav.asia member) are in. We will both probably be camping on Saturday night at this stage as i am in Toowoomba and would have to get up at 4am to make your crazy sunday morning start.

Have you people never heard "And on the 7th day he slept in".

What time is everyone heading down on Saturday (Joe we will have to catch up and find a sweet camping spot). I wouldn't mind having a bash on both days.

I also rock a D40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Im going to camp on the friday night, all things going well i'll be leaving my place at riverhills at around 3pm friday arvo. If other people can join me, thatd be awesome, otherwise see yall tere saturday morning.

Hopefully the first thing you wont be doing on saturday is hauling my bogged butt out of a boghole! :haha:

Unfortunately i am on night shift and can't do Friday night. But i am in for Saturday night.

What time is everyone arriving and leaving on Saturday? I'm not sure what time i will get there Saturday. So i will give a yell on UHF 21 when i get there?

Does anyone want to be the roadrunner or coyote? (who am i calling for when i rock up)

Who is camping Saturday night? Which camp site you looking at? Camp site 3 looks ok.. (refer to website map)

What time will the Sunday lads be rocking up at the park and where do we meet you. I'll be on Channel 21. Just need a time to meet and a place to be (inside the park.)

Last edited:
Looks like I'm now working and then off to gatton speedway on saturday, but still keen for sunday.

Any one else arriving sunday, I'm at springfield so will be heading out the backway through greenbank.

I am going to be there Saturday morning & leave Sunday afternoon. I reckon we just wing it and pick a campsite on Saturday after checking them out. Is that ok with you Joshman as it means you will need to pack up camp Saturday morning?

that's fine by me, I'm not staying saturday night so with any luck i'll have packed up and be out driving by that time any-way, i'll be sure to be at the front gate by 8:30 though for a meetup

Nice work on teh QNaD group post.

Sounds good I'll see you guys Sunday morning at 8:30, have fun today fellas!

Latest posts

Back