VNOG Deddick Trail and Snowy River area

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm now a 50/50 chance - i'm booked to do a training course (Chain Saw Cert II) and that weekend is one of 2 weekends for the practical - the other weekend is mothers day weekend (which the boss lady says i cant do)

so i'm in negotiation with boss lady atm - and the 4wd club is trying to change the 2 choices for the practical as well.

My 50/50 chance has just become a 0 chance this week. I'm double booked, and committments to the 4wd club that i'm secretary off, unfortunately will be taking precedence.

Sorry guys, i'm out of this one. (dammit)

Well seeing as this trip is only a couple of weeks away now, is there a particular camp site or anywhere we are meeting fri night?

Ok, so here is the initial plan for this trip. Friday or early Sat morning: head to Raymond Creek Camping area. This is going to be a long haul, it's basically freeway to Orbost, then up Yalmy Road and onto Moresford Road. The reason i've chosen this campsite over others closer to Buchan, etc are that the Deddick is a long track and we need a full day to complete it with the amount of people on this trip. All of the campsites on the Buchan side require alot of backtracking in order to get onto Yalmy Road the next day and then onto the Deddick. Also, one of the other campsite options was at the bottom of a 4wd track (Wood Point Track) which I have no idea of the condition and may pose a problem for any people arriving at night. Raymond Creek Camping area is easily accessible and provides us with an easy drive to the start of the Deddick. Also, I am going to call Parks Vic and the DSE in Buchan this coming week to check the condition of the track. From what I have read online, 'The Staircase' may be very difficult to ascend without lockers, but I will check this out. If this is the case, we may have to do a reverse route and go from Mackillops Bridge to the southern end of the Deddick.....

Who is going up on the friday.Kendall has the day off school and we will head up then.
We may stay at the inlaws friday night in Swan reach if not visit there for a couple of hours to break up the drive then onto the camp site.

Who is going up on the friday.Kendall has the day off school and we will head up then.
We may stay at the inlaws friday night in Swan reach if not visit there for a couple of hours to break up the drive then onto the camp site.

I'm taking Friday off work and heading up mate. Should be leaving Melbourne around 10am.

Im hopefully having fri off work aswell just depends on belle getting the day off

There will be a couple of us meeting at Moe McDonalds early Friday afternoon for anyone who is able to make it at the set time.

The specific time will be posted at a later date.

The trip will be about 3 hours from Moe.

I just realised I am scheduled to be at a conference in melbourne on the night of 19/5 and all day 20/5. Developing a plan to get out of it.

One of my young and inspired staff is happy to take my place at the conference. All sorted!

I can meet anyone in bairsndale at any time i live there so its easy for me the stair case in not that bad

Well I have some bad news about the Deddick Trail..... I spoke with a ranger at the Bendoc Parks Vic office today. He informed me that the Deddick Trail copped alot of traffic over Easter and the route is now impassable (was in very poor condition prior to this anyway) from north to south. The impassable part is the staircase, which is now apparently impossible to ascend and there is actually a vehicle still stuck on the one of the drain ruts right now. He said the route is still passable from south to north, going down the staircase and there is still room to move around the vehicle which is stuck on this section of track. By the sounds of it, the bottom of the staircase is incredibly rough. However, he also mentioned that if the track gets any more rain the whole thing could become impassable.... Basically, it doesn't sound very friendly to a group of 8 navaras trying to drive it in one day... So, I am proposing a trip change. Anyone who had their hearts set on driving the Deddick then by all means please don't change your plans, if you can get a couple of utes who are keen then i'd say go for it (please take plenty of pics!), but I think i'll be leaving this trip till next season once they've done some repairs to the track. The new trip I am proposing is starting at Tambo Crossing, camping here on Friday night, then Saturday we drive the Haunted Stream Track (i've done most of this before and it's a great drive, LOTS of river crossings and some steep sections), then we make our way over to Jone's Road and camp at the bottom of Dane Track on the Wentworth River on Sat night. Sunday we ascend Murdering Spur Track (supposed to be very good) and then it's back home from Dargo. What does everyone think?

Sounds spooky Matt, but I'm in! I managed to have a bit of a look at haunted stream track, 20 something river crossing!

I agree I'd like to look at deddick at a later date, maybe a long weekend, and that those who do attempt the staircase... pics please!

Latest posts

Back