VNOG - forum meet up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in but just found out that the kids have a b'day party to go to, so I can't bring em. So will likely be alone, but will be up for the day sat, and try to get a leave pass for the night!

Well folks - I went and checked out Kirth Kiln on Wednesday night and it is a fine camping/day trip area. Heaps of camping spots - some are behind bollards but there is plenty of open camp sites also. A number of drop dunnies are close to the sites. There are some interesting buildings and plenty of walking tracks.

Access to the camp grounds is easy - two wheel drive all the way.

All the tracks I followed where 2WD. Parks Vic have closed many of the rougher tracks - however some meatheads have created tracks around gates etc - and people wonder why they shut us out!!!

From what I saw, anyone seeking to lock in low range will need to visit the neighbouring Bunyip State Park.

Rooftop's Yarra Valley - Gippsland Adventure Map covers the area.

I'm thinking I willl head up Friday also. I'll post more details closer to the date (11/12 December).

The camp grounds may not be akin to the high country but it will serve as a great place for a catch up and the development of future trips.

COME ON FOLKS - GET ON BOARD.

Last edited:
Mate, there was a bit near some road works, and as I drove around. I spoke to a guy camping and he said it was around & you just need to go look for it. I will probably do a drive through a week before and see if there is still much about.
Having said that I am probably going to take a trailer load of thick stuff just in case.

well i"ll be fanned with a gum boot.....i thought it was on this weekend....might get there my self if thats the case...

I believe we are all good for a 2 night stay up there ... just hope it aint as wet as the toolangi trip - i'm not looking foward to spending wet days dragging d22's out of mud holes ..

hey scotty ?

PMSL

Sounds good Ridgie - checked the calendar and 11'th-12'th are free for me.
The only place I have ever had to use my winch in anger - 3 times in less than a kilometre. Pencil me in as a solo.

I hope there are no small slopes at this park woody especially Bituman ones,you may have to put it into 4 low again.Now that would be embarrasing.lmao:happy_smile:

Mate, i just didnt want to leave my marks on your nice new driveway - i thought the considerate things would be a nice slow and easy take off. The D40 has soo much power, better than a V8 .... LOL

I have been waiting for a trip like this to meet you guys, & I would have been in like Flynn normally, but I have just found out I share more than a gray beard with Deryn Hinch.
I have been diagnosed with a liver tumor & need an operation to remove the right hand side of the liver & my gall bladder.
The gall bladder has not done a thing wrong, poor little thing, but it is joined to the right hand side of the liver.
I don't know when this operation will take place. I am waiting by the phone so to speak for a call from the surgeon.
I feel great really, but I have no desire for alcohol, obviously I must be really sick.
Count me in for the next one though. I intend to get well quick.
Cheers,
Phil

Latest posts

Back