VNOG - forum meet up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil mate - that is bad news - but love your attitude. No doubt we will share a thought and beer for you around the fire. Look forward to catching up when you are back on track.

I have been waiting for a trip like this to meet you guys, & I would have been in like Flynn normally, but I have just found out I share more than a gray beard with Deryn Hinch.
I have been diagnosed with a liver tumor & need an operation to remove the right hand side of the liver & my gall bladder.
The gall bladder has not done a thing wrong, poor little thing, but it is joined to the right hand side of the liver.
I don't know when this operation will take place. I am waiting by the phone so to speak for a call from the surgeon.
I feel great really, but I have no desire for alcohol, obviously I must be really sick.
Count me in for the next one though. I intend to get well quick.
Cheers,
Phil

Sorry to hear that Phill,no bloody good.I have a friend in the same boat but he only has days.I hope everything goes well for you mate and look forward to meeting you on one of the upcoming events.I hope you have a speedy recovery.Cheers Scotty.

Thanks guys. Let me assure you now, I intend to be around for a lot longer yet.
I am humbled though by the warmth & care offered to me by so many people I hardly know & some I have yet to meet.
Thank you once again, I will keep you informed.
Cheers,
Phil

Sounds good Ridgie - checked the calendar and 11'th-12'th are free for me.
The only place I have ever had to use my winch in anger - 3 times in less than a kilometre. Pencil me in as a solo.

Good stuff,are you going to bring your bar set up,i'll give you a hand to load it onto a trailer.:cheers!:

Got a do on Sat but will do my best to catch up on 12th. See how you lot are fairing by the Sunday.
No kegs on this trip Ian. If we get a few numbers for Anzac weekend though.....

Thanks Aido - I've been keeping notes along the way and was planning to post up the details on the 4/5th December - no need for everyone to confirm this week - do that on 4/5 Dec, but this is what I have recorded as the possibilities:

Heata - Sat night.
Scottybobcat - 2 nights
Navarian - 2 nights
WoodyD40 - 2 nights
Jimmy4 - ???
08Kingcab - ???
Aido - Sunday day trip.
D21 dualcab Z24 4X4 - Sat day trip (via PM)

I will be up on Sat morning with Hawk the ridgeback, and staying Sat night. (One of my staff is leaving and her send off is on Friday night)

EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME. A great opportunity to put faces to names (and real names) and to discuss everything and anything that means nothing to some of us and everything to none of us.

My recon trip suggests the Friday night lads find a spot along Scout Camp Road. (Located past the kiln and on the left if you enter from Beenak Road). Access is easy and all 2WD. (Except for Woody who I hear will engage 4WD in Scotty's driveway).

Tune in to UHF 17.

BYO everything. I had planned for everyone to be self sufficient.

Navarian and I have discussed firewood and that should be covered by a collection in the reserve - we will both have chainsaws.

I will bump this again during the week of 5/12 - and I am hoping to do another drive through on 5/12 - and also post a list of attendees and the update of details.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome - this is a weekend for all of us to be involved and enjoy.

TIP - don't camp too close to me or you may think I left the chainsaw going!!!

Last edited:
Anybody interested in Windscreen stickers? 43"wide (approx 110cm) "Victorian Navara Owners Group" with an underline in smaller text "www.navara.asia" Neighbour has a vinyl cutter :smile:
The only catch to getting hold of one of these is to turn up on a VNOG get together (no postage!) and fork over approx $20 - $25 to cover cost of decal with remainder to go to Dylan (Site owner).
Will nut out the details over the next week but this will be the first trip for which they will be available.
Interest?

Yep......I'll have one.

Should I look at getting some stickers & stubby holders for the meet up?

Is there already such a thing? - If not We might as well claim it.
If not I can do it "Victorian Navara Owners Group + Jase who has a Pootrol because he is sick of putting up with Navara faults" :lol:
Did you want to see out of that new windscreen?

Is there already such a thing? - If not We might as well claim it.
If not I can do it "Victorian Navara Owners Group + Jase who has a Pootrol because he is sick of putting up with Navara faults" :lol:
Did you want to see out of that new windscreen?

The Patrols a tank, I'll probably have to sit on a phone book to see over the dash:big_smile::big_smile:

Do yours first so we can all see what we are in for.

Goggled VNOG,

There is site called victor navones online blog. Other than that it safe to claim VNOG for ourselves.

Maybe Dylan or yourself should claim the rights?

Will organize it this week.
Knackers is going to do the graphics on the race bike too so I thought I might just slip this in as well.

Is anyone going on this weekend know how to reprogram the ebay multi media system and have offroad maps to put onto sd card and if yes would you mind doing it to mine while we are away if its not to much trouble.Thanks Scotty.

scott - i'll give u a call today, not sure what system your talking about.

but i will have my laptop with me on the weekend, we can always have a play and delete EVERYTHING on your card .... LOL

Latest posts

Back