*VNOG* Walhalla 8th Jan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno but if you urban monkey's learned to conserve your water you wouldn't need to keep taking ours to test it out.

Maybe we are Gremlins, get us wet after midnight and we multiply.

You might have heard about the kissing but it's what you haven't heard that should worry you. Lucky for me my cousins are all urban monkey's so it's no kissing for me.

I'd be keen on that trip. May have to confirm closer to the date, having some battery trouble. Should fix it by then though. Stockyards is a great place for a parmie and pot, followed by many more pots. I may bring along my Father inlaw. He does drive a 2010 model Hilux. All that means is we'll have someone to hang it on.

About time young fella!!!

TaylorNav works with me, and we have been on a few trips. He has been on this site as tigers88 but for some reason couldn't post under that ID - so he rejoined as TaylorNav.

He likes to get out and amongst it in his Nav and will fit in well with the VNOGers.

You're right in one aspect Krafty - we do tend to get a bit feral after midnight! Regularly howling at the moon and ripping up the place.

As for cousins.....mine are all in Tassie! True.

Now....back to the topic of Walhalla on 8 January!

You're right in one aspect Krafty - we do tend to get a bit feral after midnight! Regularly howling at the moon and ripping up the place.

The moon???...sheesh I wish people would tell me things, all this time I've been howling at the bloody sun and people look at me stupid.

As for cousins.....mine are all in Tassie! True.

So you get two kisses? My cuz is moving there in Jan, not sure when he goes in for the adaheadtomy operation.

Been away all week.
Does the Stockyards accept hounds?
If so we should look at bookings within the next week, If not already booked out.
Would be good to be a bit more relaxed up that way as it makes for 14hr day by the time we get home. Worth it though!

Dogs allowed - check out the link to accommodation. I'll ring next week and see how many tents/vehicles can fit on one site.

http://rawsoncaravanpark.com.au/caravan_sites.php

Casual Caravan and Camping Sites
Description
Large powered camp sites overlooking State Forest
Large camp kitchen
Private bathrooms on each site
Campfires are allowed
Pets are allowed and must be kept on a leash at all times

Cheers Daz. If we can I'd like to stay over to wind up the xmas break and relax.
Looks like at least 4 vehicles at this stage.

Woody's might be able to attend ... fingers crossed - and we'll be looking to camp overnight if we can make it.

Hey campers -

Here is the reply fron the Stockyards.

"We have 2 sites left for that date,all sites are large and you would fit quiet a few tents on each ensuited site,We also have a few cabins available for those dates."

Fees are as follows:
$ 30.00 a site per night
$ 15.00 extra person per night (16 years and over)

I am waiting on an answer as to how many adults are covered by the $30-00.

Last edited:
I'll rent out a farm paddock to people, it's a fair way from Walhalla, there is no water, no facilities and I'll charge $500 a night but for that price you do get to choose whether you sleep with cows or sheep in the tent with you. Sheep are easier to control but for those that like their dreams rough the cows come at no extra cost.

Count me as in Daz if your going to book them.
Me, Missus and 2 x spoilt brats ( dogs)

Can eft funds if required before the day

Hey guys, still keepin an eye on this thread. Do we know how many tents/cars we could get on a site? What dogs u got Aido? Ridgie, u bringing yours?
My ridgeback is friendly but gets a bit nervous around other new big dogs. Our fluff ball sets her off usually but she calms down!
Was thinking bout coming for a look, any fishing round there??
Cheers, Marcus
Might have the snorkel on by then!!

Thanks Aido. Funds aren't an issue - I just don't get the $30-00 per site, with $15-00 per extra adult. Going to call on Tuesday to sort it out. I have booked the two remaining sites.

Digbyj - Dogs MUST be on a lead so I doubt that I will be taking any - if I do it will be the old boy Buzz, who handles being chained up.

Others - Please confirm camping ASAP.

Our 2 dogs are a Belgian shepherd and a German shepherd. Both are medium sized and have no attitude at all. One sleeps with our cats and the other is a failed K9 field dog.
Misc058Standarde-mailview.jpg

Our 2 dogs are a Belgian shepherd and a German shepherd. Both are medium sized and have no attitude at all. One sleeps with our cats and the other is a failed K9 field dog.
I'm happy to vouch for Aido's mutts. They have met my young boy Hawk on the tracks and there was not a hackle in sight - all behaved very well......but that was off lead - sometimes the lead/chain creates issues!!

Ridgie

Woody and Mrs and Jnr are a GO for the overnighter .... we will be testing out our new roof top tent (which i hope to fully install tomorrow). So no lugging around a camper trailer for the day, or needing to set it up prior - and we get up a lot less room than we did on the last weekend away.

Is there still room for us? do we need to book seperatly ... ?

Is there still room for us? do we need to book seperatly ... ?

All clear Woody. I have booked the two remaining sites and will be going for a look on Wednesday to see what can fit on each site - but their description makes it sound like a few tents would fit. First in best dressed - you are in!

Hey Ridgie, when you going up to check out the camp sites? Might come for a spin. I'm confirmed for the 8th. I won't be staying the night though due to bubs being due in 7 weeks. Give me a yell tomorrow to let us know.

Latest posts

Back