*VNOG* Walhalla 8th Jan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beast is all fueled up, and with the help of one crafty eastern bloke the rooftop tent got taken off, and then the ARB roof rack roof got ripped off, and then the rooftop tent went back on .... saved 43KG off the roof of the NAV and also about 250mm in height as well.

I managed to fabricate new brackets to put the REAR work/camping/reverse lights back on, and also the IRONMAN side awning as well.

I will not be putting the 6" tube back on the drivers side. I have not had time to put the 220dia HID long range driving lights back on yet either - that i will do next week.

Looking forward to seeing you folks tomorrow morning.

Cheers, Woody. (and fam)

Good call there taylornav ....

i hope your fridge is full Ridgie .... Scotty and I are likely to 'need' to partake of cooling refreshments ... LOL

You providing the beers again ridgie? Remeber stubbies don't work that well when off road.

Keep your ideas to yourself young fella!!!

TaylorNav and I are meeting at the roundabout at the end of Moore St Moe at 8.45am if anyone wants to follow us to Walhalla.

Just spoke to the lads.
Have had a great day. Scotty retired with overheating and Woody with a Rad shroud...details and stories when they get home no doubt.
Jase has some marks on the 4x4 lounge chair too.
Ian and Daz well lubricated around the campfire about now as am I in sympathy.
Spewing I have missed it.

Yes another top day out with some minor dramas, it was very hot and dusty, Scotties beast was still miss behaving, so Woody smashed off his fan shroud so they were both overheating, good excuse to go back to the caravan park and sink piss all afternoon.

I dragged a tree branch right down the left side, unfortunately it's a little worse than just a bush pin strip, it will require more than just a cut and polish. I'll get some quotes next week as might put it through the car insurance.

Nice to meet some more new VNOG participants too. Cheers guy's!

Can't wait for the next event!

Last edited:
Howdy folks,

Another great VNOG day out. Although we didn't cover as much territory as we expected we still had a great day with some great people.

The usual suspects turned up with some first time VNOGers - although definately not first time 4WDers. TaylorNav I know from work and knew he would fit in well - didn't take him long to give me some shit over the UHF. Gaz85 and Elise joined us for the day and they too fitted in straight away. Gav's rig is very well set up, with some great plans to come - one of those trucks I look at and say "Yeah - that's what I want for mine". Can't wait to see the Sierra pics mate!

We left Walhalla at about 10.15am - 7 Navs - with Mrs Woody and Mrs Gaz85 behind the wheel to show the lads how to do it. Perhaps it should have stayed that way and Woody wouldn't have made a souvenir out of his radiator shroud.!!!! In the early stages the UHF banter was, as usual, well under way with lots of cracks and shit stirring.

08Kingcab pretty much summed up the days driving.
It was indeed very hot and dusty and Scotty's beast was still behaving badly in the heat and needed lots of love and attention. When Woody smashed off his fan shroud, and they were both overheating, we limped to a main track and they had a good excuse to go back to the caravan park and sink piss all afternoon.

We all felt Jason's pain when he dragged a tree branch right down the left side of his new Patrol. It is a little worse than just a bush pin stripe and it really messed up his shiny rig.

The tracks were all in good condition, and the major obstacle was the gradient - some were quite steep.

Dinner was okay for some - and not so good for others - but you get that when a joint is pumping out a heap of meals. ( I could still taste the bloody raw cold oysters in the morning!) Little Samuel and Kendall hit the brick wall straight after dinner and were whisked off to bed. Some good chat around the dinner table and back at the camp fire. Aido is correct - we were well lubricated.

Great work guys and gals - another very pleasant event.

See you all at Jells Park.

Last edited:
Yep,top day for it,great crew showed up and fun tracks. :welcome: to the new faces and i hope we misbehaved appropriately.
Only got a couple of pics,was a busy day.
Top of deep creek no 5,this was where Scott and Woody called it a day.
P1080346.jpg

The rest of us had lunch then headed down Army track to check out the old mine.We then returned to Binns rd via Fultons track.
And then there were five.
P1080347.jpg

Fultons hut.
P1080348.jpg

Thanks for the fun.

Thanks Navarian.

That last photo is of us seeing how far back we needed to stand from the Patrol before we couldn't see the damage!

Thanks Navarian.

That last photo is of us seeing how far back we needed to stand from the Patrol before we couldn't see the damage!

The Pootrols panels looked a little plain, the extra crease adds character.:sarcastic:

Another great weekend boys thankyou,Kendall and I had a ball.I'm pissed off and going to rip the front off the shit box this weekend and work out full radiator thermos,not like the shitty things the cock head put on them and the bonnot scoop is going and going to put an SLR one on it so the heat can escape.Kendall and I had a good drive home doing something different by going Thompson dam,Aberfeldy,Matlock,The Triangle,Camberville,Reefton and threw Warburton to get a phone call when in service to the neighbours dog decided to try and eat our Pomy x and it is in the vet in a bad way.Lots of stitches and drain tubes but should make a full recovery in about 6 weeks.Not f@#king happy but shit happens and to top it off I can't F@#KING walk because now my back has packed it in good and proper but again shit happens.

Yup, the guys have reported very nicely about our little excursion on the weekend.

We went with Scotty and Kendall upto the Thomson dam as we left on Sunday to have a bit of a look. There is a fair amount of water in the Dam now when i compared it to my last visit there 11 months ago. But there is a lot of room for the dam to continue to fill up.

I didn't have any problems with the Navara getting home - as long as i had good air flow through the radiator the temperature gauge behaved very nicley. It was only a problem on the 4wd track at low speeds and working the motor hard to get up the steep inclines. Thankfully i never let the needle to into the RED - but i was grateful for the scanguage on saturday and sunday. Being able to read ditigally what was happening gave a degree of comfort knowing i'm not about to blow up the motor.

The noise coming from under the bonnet when the shroud let go into the fan sounded like i'd blown the turbo (not that i know what a blown turbo shounds like) - what i mean is, it was loud and scared the DIT sensor out of me !!!

I have dropped my Navara off to Berwick Nissan for them to photograph the damaged caused by the radiator shroud coming loose and the damage to Fan and Radiator. They will put a claim into Nissan to replace the Fan, Shroud and Radiator. I've left the car with them until they can get it sorted out with nissan.

Scotty ... hope your back on your feet again soon. And hope the cute little dog gets better soon too.

Sounds like you had a good trip out on Sunday Scotty and Woody. Hope both Rigs are back on the road soon. I enjoyed the trip, and can't wait for the next one.

Woody, I managed to give the car a bit of TLC yesterday and got those rattles fixed. A few screws in the loose flaires and front quarter panel did the trick.

I'm able to drive the navara around - just cant do any slow heavy work - i need to keep good air flow through the radiator to keep it cool.

The repairs will be done this week thursday - and with the Radiator coming out, might not get the car back until sometime on Friday.

Latest posts

Back