What dont you like about your Navara.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys have covered alot of them,it might sound trivial but i will mention it anyway,the drink holders on the d22 are a joke,is there any mods that you guys have done or fitted any other types,cheers

Hey Guys,

Some of the things I don't like about my new 09 ST-R:

Cabin light only working on drivers door
No "All doors lock" switch on drivers control panel
No speaker grills in the back doors
No fuel cap holder for fuel door
Only cup holders are in the center console
Shitty radio with only 2 speakers
Fan speed 1 = Gale
Lack of 6th gear
No remote central locking
No Anti theft device (NATS)

Having said all that, I love my ST-R and am a bit pissed that most of the above issues are purely penny pinching. The addition of these few items would make the ute so much better and I'd be happy to pay to have them added again.

Cheers,

DJ

Yeah, agree with you DJ..
also
The difference with my 08 model is the speaker grills and internal wiring are in the back door "but wait" no fn speakers....:bike:

Yeah, agree with you DJ..
also
The difference with my 08 model is the speaker grills and internal wiring are in the back door "but wait" no fn speakers....:bike:

Yeah it looks like they need a bracket of some type as well as a speaker???

Maybe need to speak to Nissan or Nizzbits to see if there is a part needed?

Yeah it looks like they need a bracket of some type as well as a speaker???

Maybe need to speak to Nissan or Nizzbits to see if there is a part needed?

I've had a quote from Nissan essendon (VIC) they have as spare parts to fit rear door (this is over the phone and have not seen them myself) speakers @$70 each and mounting brackets for $35 each....
speakers available in Aust and brackets come in from Japan...
total = $210.

from another dealer in Shepparton .VIC. quoted $279.90.

Have no part No's but your local dealer should have them as they come up as Nissan parts.
This is a quote for 08 STR which have grills in the rear door panels already.

Hope this is of use to some.
Jim.

Yeah my 08 has the grills but no speakers to be seen.

Another no likey is i got remote central but stopped working and as taken nissan like 5 weeks of harassment to do anything, making another visit this week... oh and the interior light only drivers door wtf?

Yeah, I must say the int light biz is a real let down as well as the no rear spkrs

One thing that really bugs me is not having the auto up option on drivers windows these days. I know the government is looking out for me in case I some how manage to stick my head out the window while I'm winding it up. I also know it's to ensure kids can't do the same thing after there has been accidents but seriously I think I should be able to make my own decision as to whether I want to be able to strangle myself in the front window.
Surely in this day and age where taking your hand off the wheel for a brief second to push a button on your phone or GPS is such a risk that some moron has made it a fine-able offense it's even more dangerous to have your finger holding the window controller up for 5 seconds.
Any one know if it's simply a matter of changing the switch to allow the auto option or if one has to delve deeper into the electronics?

My drivers window does auto up and down, passangers don't, think it's probably just the switch. Even found out last night that is goes up if the ignition is off.

I believe the auto up rule came in earlier this year due to accidents with kids but it could be a state by state thing. I know any car previous to about Nov 08 build that friends have down here has had the auto up taken off.
Maybe it's just us Victorians who can't be trusted with such technology just like some other states can't be trusted to look out a tinted drivers window.
When I get around to it I'll hunt out the wiring diag and see what the book says, I can't see Nissan changing the wiring of a whole car just to suit and ADR when modifying the switch would suffice in most cases.
Might even hunt out the wreckers for a pre 09 drivers door control panel and see how they compare to what's in mine, although through looking at ebay (where we all know every seller is 100% honest about their goods for sale) there is claims that the 08 and 09 panels are different electrically. Still a spark is a spark and if that spark goes to the right place who knows what might happen

Yeah but don't you feel much safer knowing our state government is looking after us in such a way?
I just wish the Nanny state treated me a little bit more like my nanny used to and give me money every Christmas instead of me financing them.

i hate that the headlights dont turn off when u turn car off/open door/take key out there isnt even a buzzer to let u know u left the lights on wtf
lack of speakers in rear door
fuel filler needs key to open why not have a lever in cab
thats all i can think of right now

Yep, agree with all of these. One thing that annoys the hell out of me is I always expect the back doors to open wider than they do, and they stop short and I scone myself on the corner of them.

So many small things that should be part of at least a 2004 model, (like mine), that even my 1995 Berlina had as standard.

The one thing I still don't like about my Navara is that I keep getting picked on by D22 drivers for buying a limo instead of a tractor. They have no heart with their harsh words meant only to hurt people.

I hate the fact that mine sits in the carpark at work most of the week. I'd much prefer to be out and about exploring what Aus has to offer, but I've gotta pay the bills somehow.

There really isn't anything that particularly "annoys" me, i bought the D22 knowing full well that it was a utilitarian vehicle. Put it this way, there was a lot more things that "annoyed" me in my D40, such as rattles, squeeks and shoddy steering and brakes. The areas where the D22 was lacking such as remote locking and the stereo department were easily fixed, for well under $1000 I now have a kick-arse aftermarket stereo and remote locking/alarm.

I do seriously hate the standard D22 alloys though. Whoever at Nissan thought that they were a good idea needs a good kick in the arse.

Cruise control would be nice, but I have learnt to live without it.

i dont like how the A/C cycles on & off whilst driving. i realise it needs to stop and cool down but my other cars didn't do it as frequently.

Latest posts

Back