What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2007 D40 - Clutch, Fly Wheel and Pressure Plate at 20000k, Rust along top of windscreen at 60000k, Injectors and Lines at 95000k and now again at 110000k

Hey mate, what gave away the Timing Chain problem, was there noticeable noise that you could here or performance loss?

Just want to know what to expect ?

Hey mate, what gave away the Timing Chain problem, was there noticeable noise that you could here or performance loss?

Just want to know what to expect ?

A rattle from the engine at start up... Usually it only acures during the first start off the day....

Hi Guy's

Here's my list

< 5000k- Front light in cabin not turning on due to buggered switch.
New Fuel guage at around 15,000k as it was reading about 20% out. Would not read even 3/4 full when I just filled it to the top.
40,000k had power loss to just over idle. Would not rev past 2000k, then when I stopped car it stalled 10 times. in a row. Left it for 1 min then tried it again. All worked fine like nothing happened. Had looked at at Nissan Moorooka. Did it 3 times again before I could get it in. They supposedly reset EMS and said let us know if it happens anymore.
Kept doing it intermittantly when i put foot down a little. (not flogging it BTW). Told them my concerns about pulling into traffic and losing all power and how dangerous it was and that I couldn't trust it when I needed it the most. Fuel economy ok at this stage, but down the track what felt like a misfire happens when it was cold at around 1800rpm. Car would shudder very noticibly. When hot problem disappeared.

30,000k Sqeak from front at 90+k/hr annoying. ( now I see it could be the bonnet rubbers I will ty the tips you all gave. Thanks!!!)
Misifre got worse and power loss happening more frequently. They tried reset of EMS and every test he could rattle off and the missfire seemed midly better, but soon got worse till around 60-70,000k.

At 70,000k they asked to have it for a week to see what they could do. Gave me courtesy car.(very much needed as I use it as a service vehicle for my job) Found out that they were going to put it a new common rail. This didn't really help anything. Took it back and they sent the fuel system offsite somewhere to have it pressue tested and found the fuel pump was stuffed along with some thing else i can't remember. Installed recond. unit. This fixed the power loss problem but a few weeks later my overall power dropped by approx 30%. Hills I could power up in 6th gear I was struggling to do in 4th while pushing it hard. Noticed smokey exhaust like you would not believe. ( so bad one of my work mates said the Cops would pull me off the road for Pollution if they saw it. This was even with the lightest of acceleration. Another friend in his Prado 150mtrs ahead of me said he could see massive amounts of smoke from my car too while I towed my 1000kg poptop van)) and the fuel econony was crap from what I was used to. Would regularly get 650k out of approx 65lt diesel. Now around 530-550 for the same amount of fuel. I carry roughly 2-300kg of chemicals/crap around at all times nearly + a canopy with roof racks since day one.

So I took it back. They were at a loss as to what it could be, so he sent the problem off to Nissan HO and they said get 4 new injectors(but would be 6 week wait as they had to come from Germany). Drove it like this till they came. If this didn't sort it then I was buggered. I know the Sales Manager there and if it didn't get sorted this time he was about to get a call.

Thanks christ it worked. They also said they had to replace the fuel pressure sensor as well BTW. That was all done at 90,000k. Now 600k from 100,000K and fingers crossed. Seems good now Mark at Nissan has helped me where he could, but his hands were tied as to getting things authorized from HO.

I need to say some things. I love the way the cars has plenty of power/comfort/ride quality/awesome gadgets/ good on the beach etc and have recommended them to lots of mates who have since got one. Will I buy another one even after this. Well probably yes, but when it happens I sure as shit want to know Nissan has gone some ways to sorting what seems to be a lot of lag in getting some pretty major issues fixed( this includes my problem and those of you others here that I see repeated on other forums time and time again.) Overall they make a great product. They just need to back it up with big improvements in restoring the faith of their customers by fixing these things up with much less accusations that it is nearly always the purchasers fault or that they just need to put up with it a problem that is obviously happening in big numbers.

I work in a service industry and have put my reputation/name/heart and soul for last 20yrs into being the best along with a hell of a lot of my work colleagues, and it virtually always pays dividends in getting repeat business and loyal customers. If Nissan wants to stay in the game then I'd hope that some smart bigwig there would see the light one day and do the same. To all the people here I hope you have good luck in getting your issues sorted soon. Sorry for the war and peace!!! Any feedback to what I have said (good or bad won't offend) is welcome. What do you folks think of their product/ Sevices overall???

Cheers

Starkers

Last edited:
Hi

2.5 turbo diesel 2007, 30,000 ks. New rear door lock, noisy dry airflow switch in the dash somewhere that used to rattle and now it has been diagnosed with a worn crown and pinion in the diff (whining). Diff is waiting for the parts but other repairs so far have been done promptly by my dealer so I am not complaining.

Norry

My D40 is for its 10,000 this coming week. Only warranty issue thus far has been the replacement of the bluetooth module in the radio.

Forgot to mention the electric 4 x 4 switch

seen a couple of mentions of not engaging or being difficult to engage & I've had similar experience.

Not an ideal set up for quick changes in sticky situations ... looks like old lever change is the best way.

Forgot to mention the electric 4 x 4 switch

seen a couple of mentions of not engaging or being difficult to engage & I've had similar experience.

Not an ideal set up for quick changes in sticky situations ... looks like old lever change is the best way.

I had a few problems with this when I first got my D40 -.....and then I read the book......easy as pie when you follow the instructions:)

Thanks Pete .. had a better look at that today.

Re: fuel economy ... my D40 has just done 10,000 klm & the best I've got out of an 80ltr tank is 560klm.

All the hype I heard on the fuel economy of these new common rail turbo engines is so just hype & close to bullshyte.

I got 530 klm out of a 75ltr tank on my old D22 with what you would consider large engine in the 3.2 naturally aspirated.

So if as I was told.. "not to fear" it will get better as the motor loosens up & economy should get better after 10,000k it better start soon.

I reckon the motor will be so loose before that happens I'll need a new bazzid.

I really bought this vehicle to last me coz I doubt i'll be able to afford another newy in my lifetime unless I win the lotto.

Any of you new D22 owners having any fuel probs & how do they handle towing 1,500 kg with that lower rated turbo?

I coulda saved myself $10k on a D22.:argh:

gnads

30'000km is were the D40 loosens up, and then getting better from there on.. I have 38K on the clock and my economy has remarkably improved..

On the HWY I gat get as low as 7.6lt/100
and around town 9/100.... I usualy average 11/100 as I like to put the boot into it it time to time..

Once the D40 is up to cruise speed it is quiet economical,,, it's getting them moving and up to speed is where the D40 drinks alot...

Hi gnads,

I recently bought a brand new 2.5CR D22 and am still on my first tank of juice. I haven't quite got to 1/2 tank yet but the odo is showing 313km travelled since filling.

I've been a bit naughty and have been towing my boat (~1 tonne) from A to B and haven't been driving softly so am pretty happy with the economy so far.

The little engine feels quite perky when the car is empty, although you feel the boat on the back, it tows it well once up to speed. The D22 3.0 tows better, heaps more nuts! But then again it had been worn in properly so maybe expecting a bit much from the 2.5CR this early on.

Still thinking I need a chip.

Good luck with the D40, can only get better as the km's build.

Cheers,

DJ

06 model & 96,000 kilometres and no warranty work done except for a recall on something. Tailgate adjusted once after it popped open and we lost an Esky full of beer.

Ross

what a disaster:bawling:

Got a New one for ya's

Hey Fella's

Yep, found a new thing to hassle nissan about, was pulling the tail gate down the other day when the whole black plastic handle thingy ripped off the tail gate,

Walked into nissan and they just looked at it and said yep, we'll order a new one, so i hope it goes just like that.

It's super flimsy though, so i hope it doesn't happen again.

got a new battery last week.
feb 09 d40 done 12,200km.
was messing around with roof light bar at a mates place a few weeks ago and had doors open with key in ignition for a while (dunno how long, too many black cans). car locked fine and unlocked also the next morning but wouldn't start. jump started no worries and drove home (5 mins away) and no dramas for the next few days until went to attend a customers broken down truck and had hazard lights on for 1/2 hour max and wouldnt start. clutched off hill, all good. again all good for a few days, cleaning out interior, obviously with doors open, no start again. load tested battery after another jump start, all good until i turned park lights on, voltage & crank amps drop and after a few minutes it wouldn't start again. rang nissan & booked it in, left lights on all day just to reaffirm it, replaced under warranty, no dramas, except took out varta 720cca and replaced it with century 560cca, oh well. at least the missus understands now that i need a dual battery system. gotta get bogged bad now to convince her on suspension lift!

2007 D40 95,000km

Turbo replaced
Front shock absorbers replaced (all highway use)
Some 4wd sensor that has not fixed the problem

Current issues 4wd light and 4wd LO diagram on whilst in 2wd (at this stage can't fix)
An extremely strong smell of gearbox oil inside the car ) at this time can't be fixed)

Cruise control stopped working at Christmas, Nissan Dealer ended up replacing a circuit board in the steering wheel. Bit of dramas as there were 2 unshielded wires located in the same place where it looks like the persons who installed the driving lights didn't tape up. Finally had some good news from our local dealer regarding the warranty repair.

Good evening.
What have we had replaced or 'tried to be fixed' on our Diesal RX D40, 06 model, now with 58ks.

First week
new clutch

new oil cooler, the first one split, driving the new car/truck home.

low oil pressure alarm light, its now automatic, I mean it takes about 200mts of driving to go out, to nissan, thats the best we can do, we cannot fix it.
before their attempted repair, it would come on when ever it felt like it !

Safety belt alarm, would turn on, and not turn off, they fixed that little problem.

2 safety recalls.

a loud screaming sound at anywhere from 1500 to 200orevs. >>>> that Nissan people cannot hear........... funny everybody else can including myself and I am half deaf !
AND it gives everyone the tom tits !

and now, cannot select reverse gear, this happens when ever the truck feels like it.

we have their so called extended time warrantry.
and were told, the reverse gear problem could take a week, here in Queensland and the cost of the repair, it would be up to Nissan to decide,
err, thats what a extended warrantry is all about, isn't it ?

I would suggest to EVERYONE, think hard, to you really want this extra warrantry, if its up to Nissan to decide if they will or will not fix something like the insides of a gearbox.

AND we must pay the first $100 of any claim.
didn't read this the first time.

this truck has never been used off road, on dirt roads yes.

Would I buy another D40 or Nissan product......... lets say, I would have to think, very long and very hard first.
UB

Latest posts

Back