Where to mount my LED light bar???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4 ST-R

Reaction score
Hi. I've just received my 40inch light bar in the mail. Now I need to fit it. I was going to mount it on top of the roof rack. Problem is that I've just moved into a new house and the carport and garage doors are really low! If I mount it onto the roof rack I won't get in to them anymore.

Where else could I possibly mount it?? I thought I could bolt it straight into the roof, which will mean I can just get in the carport, but when I do my body lift I won't have a chance in hell of getting in. I also thought I could bolt it to the bonnet, up the front sorta like where a stone deflector would go.

What would you do???

I would put it on top of the bullbar hoop things, could use spacers or something if it has to mount to the ones around the headlights

There is a really good spot on the front of my bullbar if you want to put it there.

Thanks in advance!

There is a really good spot on the front of my bullbar if you want to put it there.

Thanks in advance!

Haha. Good one.

I'm now looking at ways of altering the roller doors.... Too bad it's a rental, or I would hire a bob cat and just deepen the floor.

I would put it on top of the bullbar hoop things, could use spacers or something if it has to mount to the ones around the headlights

Hmm, nah. I just tried, like you said. Taped it in place but I don't like it there. Cheers though

either one of the previous suggestions. or mount it to the roof rack and take the rack off during the week when your just driving around town. and put it back on for the weekend when your heading out.

Cheers for your input guys. I've managed to remove part of the roller door which makes it impossible to enter. This just makes it unlockable and now a manual door. So il keep the door together, park outside during the week. Then when I need to do some work on her il modify the door and drive in. Bit of a mission, but it works.

Had to do it today to get my mates pootrol in and put in some new batteries, boost gauge and speakers.

Last edited:
How hard is it to install a boost gauge? thinking of doing this next.

Too easy bro. 3 wires. Earth, Memory, Power. 1 vacuum line. I've never looked at the plumbing of a 2.5 to know where you run your vac line to. Yesterday on the pootrol we found out we need to drill a hole into the piping after the I/C and weld an elbow piece onto it for boost pressure. Look in the pic, that's where mine went.

Attachments

• image-160668642.jpg
    image-160668642.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 92
it depends if you are going to put a boost controller in to up the boost. i just teed mine into the wastegate line straight off the turbo. this won't work with a boost controller though apparently...

as far as i know the only other option on the 2.5's is to drill and tap or weld a fitting either straight into the intercooler or the intake manifold itself.

it depends if you are going to put a boost controller in to up the boost. i just teed mine into the wastegate line straight off the turbo. this won't work with a boost controller though apparently...

as far as i know the only other option on the 2.5's is to drill and tap or weld a fitting either straight into the intercooler or the intake manifold itself.

When I stop being so lazy and finally book in for my chip instalment, it will also have a boost controller fitted with it. Will my boost gauge work the way I have my boost pressure line installed? Cheers

Latest posts

Back