2013 xmas nav trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was around Lithgow today and had a play at Newnes and its all burnt but that has just cleared it up, its awesome off roading, iv never been there before so i drove out with the misses from Sydney and entered from Lithow. State Mine Gully Rd entry by the afternoon i think i found what you guys call the power line run and had a bit of a play, there is some challenging stuff that i wouldn't do if it had rained any more but there is something there for all levels of experience. i didn't go any further then whats labelled as Newnes plateau on my iPhone map as i was on my own.
I'd be up for a camp provided it's not hammering down.
Whats everyones thoughts on the weekend of the 14th??
Ill post a few pic and show what it loos like, just remember they are from my iPhone so not the best but you will get the idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4061.jpg
    IMG_4061.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4107.jpg
    IMG_4107.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4088.jpg
    IMG_4088.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
yep that looks like a part of the powerlines track.

The 14th is cool with me, as far as i know we dont have anything on.

Thats all i have, for some reason my laptop won't let me upload any more. anyways there is plenty out there.

Attachments

• IMG_4115.jpg
    IMG_4115.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4109.jpg
    IMG_4109.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Found some more

Attachments

• IMG_4130.jpg
    IMG_4130.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4125.jpg
    IMG_4125.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4113.jpg
    IMG_4113.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 48
We could do a day run on 14th. Have to leave about what, 4am ... can be done, have done worse before!

If we're doing an overnighter, is there any place that we can get our van in to that's suitable, or should we tent it?

Tony there are a few spots that you will be able to get the van, the powerlines track runs pretty much parallel to the "Glow worm tunnel rd" which can be driven in a MX5 and although Newnes may be a tad burnt you could still camp next to the old Hotel and creek no probs.

I'm ok with the 14th as well - Nath please do the honour of organising this trip mate
Cheers raf

Your doing a great job mate, the only thing i could add is if we are looking to have some camping and some doing day trips like my self, we choose a meeting spot close to the start of the tracks.

I think that the actual ZigZag rail station car park is as good of a spot as any.

As far as what time to meet, then that will depend on what everyone else thinks.

IMO we would need to be at the car park by around 9 - 9:30am.

Tony, Ian, and other campers, would you be looking to get to Lithgow area on the Friday arvo or the Saturday morning? and who will be towing cans or camper trailers?

If we have people needing to set up on Saturday then we may need to make a meeting time which will allow for those people who are towing, or at-least allow them time to drop off the trailers.

Ok so what does everyone think?

9am at the ZigZag carpark on Saturday the 14th??

-----------------

My idea of an o/niter was to start bout lunch, this gives the blokes who need to travel time to get there
its 3.5 hrs from newie to lithgow
play round till 5ish camp (swag) and continue in the morning till lunch
but if its an early start sat I will leave here early and just grab a room somewhere on the way home sat night
or come down fri night and grab a room
ile work it out
see u there

Last edited:
How far is the Old Hotel from Lithgow Nath??
i`m in for an early start Sat and camp night. i have my mate Pete in as well, i already have that weekend off just need to do my CV`s.
What if we meet at the Zigzag carpark at the suggested time and who ever is camping overnight head to the Old Hotel to set up and who ever wants to head straight out 4x4ing can go hard, then we can all meet at say lunch for a break and a feed and head out again together?? by keeping in contact via UHF should`nt be to hard to find an area to meet up. Plus that will give anyone travelling long distance time to get to the Old Hotel, link up with the others and head out as well.
Just trying to cater for all while keeping it simples.

Last edited:
Sparra, Tony, Brad (Nevyn) and others that want to camp, what sort of location do you want to camp at??

there is a camp spot right next to the track we are going to do, BUT i havent camped there my self and i assume it could get busy....... google "bungleboori picnic area"
its at the junction of "Glowworm Tunnel Rd" and "Beecroft track"

you could also take a 20 - 30min drive down to the old Newens Hotel,

there are plenty of other spots, just give me an idea of what you guys need or what sort of location you want and i can come up with more option, also who is needing to tow campers, caravans ect

Last edited:
ime only taking a swag,and my awning
next to the pub sounds good:alcoholic:

The "old Hotel" is no longer a pub and more like a museum/shop.

If you guys are just swaging it i can show you a few other spots that are fine to throw out a swag but if some have tents and vans ect then we will need to look more toward someplace like Newnes.

The "old Hotel" is no longer a pub and more like a museum/shop.

If you guys are just swaging it i can show you a few other spots that are fine to throw out a swag but if some have tents and vans ect then we will need to look more toward someplace like Newnes.

Just to confirm Nath
De cember 14? meeting at Zig Zaig park around 9 am?

Just to confirm Nath
De cember 14? meeting at Zig Zaig park around 9 am?

I think so mate, no one has had any objections as yet so lets call it.

9am at the ZigZag Railway car park. lets cap the trip at.............. how many??

IMO any more then 10 starts to make for a long slow day but what does everyone else think?? 15??

Lets make a list??

Latest posts

Back