Air Locker Group Buy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a remake and cheaper i am unsure arb can do sweet all about it. Yes they come with arb switches but you can buy them from anywhere. Think they are talking crap really. There product im sure isn't even trademarked so again they cant do nothing.

Unless the product you are selling has arb on it im not sure they can do anything about it. Im no solicitor but what legal action could they take?
Also rusty ARB switches are made by narva anyway.

makes me want one more if they dont want you to sell them.

But i just bought a house so can afford it even less now that 2 months ago.

POST the email from ARB..who sent it and what is there position within ARB

I call absolute BS meter going off:yeahright:

whats the total cost for the arb compared to the clone?

I'm just about to place an order for one for my Zook. The Price is around half for the full kit - Locker; compressor, etc. You can basically get F&R lockers for the price of one ARB...... but as the AUD$ falls it will change things.....

I've recently twisted my rear axle on my Zook with running Autolockers, so I thought now was a good time to convert the rear to a Airlocker which will give me back "normal" driving characteristics when driving on the blacktop.

As with every other comment, I don't think ARB can do anything about it... There are others that are doing it on other forums as well....

The message was from sam from arb's online marketing department. the email was from another forum will see if i can get a qoute of it to show you guys. the reason behind it is that it is their interlectual property from R&D being stolen from them and can "apparently have the shipment stopped" or something. He said they often have ebay listings removed on the grounds of interlectual property being stolen by the purchasing from the manufacturer. I'm not a 100% sure about the law reguarding that if anyone can chime in about it feel free. the cost is about 1000$ cheaper then arb. I think that some of the stuff such as the switches and the instruction manual are labeled ARB.

However after all that is said. its not like we would be purchasing genuine articles any way due to the huge cost of them. However if something ever did go wrong with them i would definatly buy genuine replacement parts from them. So all in all they may loose money in the long run from stopping the sale of these items.

And these are definatly only air opperated no electric available.

Josh

its pretty easy to have listings removed from ebay.

i highly doubt they could stop a shipment coming in. they're bulls###ing

Exactly---and the IP..BS...where is the patent or the proof ?...buggar me --what about all the aftermarket parts we all buy...shocks, springs etc..ring gear etc

oh and the Chinese winches

Anyone can buy they directing from china themselves and still save themselves about 50% compared to ARB.... I just placed an order for my Vitara as I wanted to get in b4 the Aussie $$ falls too far. It will end up costing around $670 delivered to my door......Not sure what ARB ones are worth as I've never bothered due to the high costs but I would assume it would be every bit of $1500+.

I had been running Autolockers Front & Rear, but recently I twisted and broke a rear axle so I thought this was a good opportunity to put the car back to normal driving characteristics while on the blacktop and then still have the lockers offroad..... time will tell as to the quality, etc

Anyone can buy they directing from china themselves and still save themselves about 50% compared to ARB.... I just placed an order for my Vitara as I wanted to get in b4 the Aussie $$ falls too far. It will end up costing around $670 delivered to my door......Not sure what ARB ones are worth as I've never bothered due to the high costs but I would assume it would be every bit of $1500+.

I had been running Autolockers Front & Rear, but recently I twisted and broke a rear axle so I thought this was a good opportunity to put the car back to normal driving characteristics while on the blacktop and then still have the lockers offroad..... time will tell as to the quality, etc

If you know where I can get an elocker apart from Oz or the USA let me know please:pissedoff:

Hi guys, we're involved in a number of AUS forums and really don't like to play big brother so this is not the way I would've liked to kick off our involvement in the forum. Having said that, I'm happy to clarify this one for you, as counterfeit product is something we do take exception to.

I emailed Cam, AKA BakerBoy on the Pajero forum (presuming it's the same person as Saitek here?) regarding a group buy of counterfeit ARB Air Lockers he was organising. My email was a polite reminder that by doing so, he would be in breach of our IP rights in Australia.

We do have patents and trademarks around the world to prevent other people cashing in on ARB’s research and development – which is what the Chinese copies do.

Here is a copy of our post on the Pajero forum explaining our reasoning for getting involved...

"It's disappointing to say the least that we have to defend the steps we take to protect our intellectual property.

What these counterfeiting businesses are doing, is stealing our design and years of research & development to create an inferior copy of our product, using our reputation to do so. Whilst it's extremely difficult to act on these businesses internationally, given their location, we're well within our rights to prevent the importation of these products into Australia, where trademark and patent laws are more strictly enforced.

Price is irrelevant in this discussion. The purchase of these counterfeit products only endorses the illegal practices undertaken by these businesses and to try and justify that using price is, well, disappointing.

Part numbers and labels are also irrelevant. The bottom line is that the products themselves are copied from a design that we have developed and hold the rights to. That's the overriding issue.

We're not targeting BakerBoy (Saitek?) in any way, shape or form. eBay and other online distributors of these products are also advised that they're in breach of our IP rights and our legal team regularly has eBay listings removed when we're made aware of them.

With over 20 million dollars invested in our Air Locker manufacturing plant in Melbourne and the livelihood of dozens of local Air Locker employees tied to the ongoing production of the product, why wouldn't we do everything we can to protect our intellectual property?"

Cheers,

Sam Boden
Online Communications Manager
ARB 4x4 Accessories

Hi guys, we're involved in a number of AUS forums and really don't like to play big brother so this is not the way I would've liked to kick off our involvement in the forum. Having said that, I'm happy to clarify this one for you, as counterfeit product is something we do take exception to.

I emailed Cam, AKA BakerBoy on the Pajero forum (presuming it's the same person as Saitek here?) regarding a group buy of counterfeit ARB Air Lockers he was organising. My email was a polite reminder that by doing so, he would be in breach of our IP rights in Australia.

We do have patents and trademarks around the world to prevent other people cashing in on ARB’s research and development – which is what the Chinese copies do.

Here is a copy of our post on the Pajero forum explaining our reasoning for getting involved...

"It's disappointing to say the least that we have to defend the steps we take to protect our intellectual property.

What these counterfeiting businesses are doing, is stealing our design and years of research & development to create an inferior copy of our product, using our reputation to do so. Whilst it's extremely difficult to act on these businesses internationally, given their location, we're well within our rights to prevent the importation of these products into Australia, where trademark and patent laws are more strictly enforced.

Price is irrelevant in this discussion. The purchase of these counterfeit products only endorses the illegal practices undertaken by these businesses and to try and justify that using price is, well, disappointing.

Part numbers and labels are also irrelevant. The bottom line is that the products themselves are copied from a design that we have developed and hold the rights to. That's the overriding issue.

We're not targeting BakerBoy (Saitek?) in any way, shape or form. eBay and other online distributors of these products are also advised that they're in breach of our IP rights and our legal team regularly has eBay listings removed when we're made aware of them.

With over 20 million dollars invested in our Air Locker manufacturing plant in Melbourne and the livelihood of dozens of local Air Locker employees tied to the ongoing production of the product, why wouldn't we do everything we can to protect our intellectual property?"

Cheers,

Sam Boden
Online Communications Manager
ARB 4x4 Accessories

Well maybe if you guys had more realistic pricing people would buy your products and not import copy's.... And intellectual property ? So does that mean the guy who first designed a pencil can sue every one else who produces pencils that look similar ? ARB pull your heads in your pricing your selves out of the market so either deal with it or sell things at reasonable prices. But hey that's just my thoughts and opinions.

Sam fron ARB--you dont have a clue about IP breaches with regards to individual purchaes ---where are your patents lodged ?..and provide the patent numbers.

yeah there we go guys straight from the horses mouth there. Also no i'm not baker boy, how ever he is a good mate of mine whom put me on to the lockers originally. So any comments about this situation?

Latest posts

Back