Am I doing it WRONG!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly mate I can't see why your not getting phone calls... the price is right and your rig looks awesome

I reckon it's a bit dear. I have seen new ones advertised for under $30,000
That makes it hard to sell a car with nearly 200,000 kms.
Good luck with the sale and hope you get what you want for it.

I judt don't think it is the best time for people to be selling anything at the moment.

Price does seem a bit high. I had a dealer offer me 12k for mine with similar accessories and km's, so privately you would think about 4 or 5k higher than that? Prob around the 16 or 17k mark. Perhaps try 19.5k, that gets it under the 20k mark which might be a bit of a mental hurdle for some buyers. As Willie has mentioned, you can get a brand new one for around 30k, so this will have an effect on the second hand market.

Mate I am having a similar problem and its not ky nav. I'm trying to sell my ford fiesta 07 model in as new condition. Has only 97000 kms on it and runs a dream. I've put it to time of year. Have had it on carsales for 2-3months

Let me be the honest one and tell you why its not selling. (sold 2 D22's and a 04 SR5 hilux in the last 2 years all within 1-2 weeks of advertising)

1. the kays are very high but that can't be helped but no mention of service history? 90% of people would move on then and there.

2. Take out the advertising for all the hardcore accessories, makes it look like its had a flogging, sell them separately if you want, put your stock wheels back on and sidesteps, make it look like its just your daily drive.

3. Change your location to like Strathpine I had nfi where Warner was till I looked it up, bet lots of people are the same as me.

4. Lower your price, I payed $22500 from a big dealer in brisbane just 4 months ago for my 06 silver STR full service history and absolutely mint condition with just 64000km on it had an alloy bar, torneu cover and towbar as well.

I know you will think I am a Dhead for saying this but I looked at so many D22's in brisbane setup similar all of them not worth the prices being asked and I have done the whole selling dual cabs quite a bit and have found it hardest to sell the modified ones, people just want stock, when I advertised my red STR (one in pic) I had about 10 phone calls on the first day for people wanting to come and put a deposit on it and it was pretty much totally stock.

The market is wrong for selling duel cab navaras. I recently sold my old duel cab, (2003, lifted, new shocks,rock sliders, exhaust, under body protection, 210 000km) wanted $15k no buyers or interest at all.

All ready got the next car and needed it gone asap, dropped the price to $13k TWO people called me in 4 weeks and one of them came to look (but didnt buy)

Ended up selling it for $11k after 3 months of it sitting around at my place.

This was about 6 months ago. Maybe people are starting to think that at 0% finance and only $10k more than what you are asking they can have a brand new one.

Your are dead on their Bryce.
I ended up buying a 2012 D22 STR brand new for a little over 30 with a towbar, mats, tub liner and weathershields. My theory was that I might as well pay the extra to get brand new with warranty and no kms.

Let me be the honest one and tell you why its not selling. (sold 2 D22's and a 04 SR5 hilux in the last 2 years all within 1-2 weeks of advertising)

1. the kays are very high but that can't be helped but no mention of service history? 90% of people would move on then and there.

2. Take out the advertising for all the hardcore accessories, makes it look like its had a flogging, sell them separately if you want, put your stock wheels back on and sidesteps, make it look like its just your daily drive.

3. Change your location to like Strathpine I had nfi where Warner was till I looked it up, bet lots of people are the same as me.

4. Lower your price, I payed $22500 from a big dealer in brisbane just 4 months ago for my 06 silver STR full service history and absolutely mint condition with just 64000km on it had an alloy bar, torneu cover and towbar as well.

I know you will think I am a Dhead for saying this but I looked at so many D22's in brisbane setup similar all of them not worth the prices being asked and I have done the whole selling dual cabs quite a bit and have found it hardest to sell the modified ones, people just want stock, when I advertised my red STR (one in pic) I had about 10 phone calls on the first day for people wanting to come and put a deposit on it and it was pretty much totally stock.

The market is wrong for selling duel cab navaras. I recently sold my old duel cab, (2003, lifted, new shocks,rock sliders, exhaust, under body protection, 210 000km) wanted $15k no buyers or interest at all.

All ready got the next car and needed it gone asap, dropped the price to $13k TWO people called me in 4 weeks and one of them came to look (but didnt buy)

Ended up selling it for $11k after 3 months of it sitting around at my place.

This was about 6 months ago. Maybe people are starting to think that at 0% finance and only $10k more than what you are asking they can have a brand new one.

Yep, what these 2 people said.

People will look at your ad and say "200,000k's and $20,500" ... next.

The accessories don't come into it, other people might not like or need them.

I agree with 180degrees, sell all the mods separate and make it look as stock as can be with as much detail about service history as possible and LOWER THE $$$$.

I just sold my 2010 build but 2011 compliance D40 with 87,000km on it for $27k with ARB bar, snorkel, ARB full bash plates, rihno roof racks and ladder racks, Rihno spray in tub liner ($800 worth) tinted windows, weather shields headlight protectors, nissan mats an dash protector.

So i think for your truck and the amount of km your price is just too high.. sorry but thats my opinion i just think that for only 9 grand more i could be driving a 2012 mod with the bigger tray and CR engine AND the 100,000KM of NEW CAR WARRANTY, so for value for my hard earned i would def cough up the extra and buy new, thats why i think you need to drop your price so people dont look elsewhere, If its the right price they will stop and think thats a GOOD deal!! You dont want them saying too many km and too much $$ and hitting the NEXT button.

Last edited:
OH and TWO more things whats with the * excluding on road costs after your price??
It makes it look like the price could go higher or that there is some sort of hidden cost....

I would also take the photo of the engine bay OFF it looks like a mess, with all that mud spray around the filter, I know your showing the 80series filter but wait to the buyer is at your door then tell him all about the benefits

Last edited:
have to agree with the last few posts... sell off the mods separately and return it to a stockish state. the extra mods don't add any value to the car and actually suggests a hard life.

i think the average aussie car does about 15-20,000km/year which should put a 2005 model in around the 100-150,000km range.

Also if you drop it even to 19999 it will appear when people do a search for cars upto 20000, as it is you are going to come up on the upto 25000 list and unfortunately you are going to be in the bottom of that list.

thanks for the advice guys. pic of the engine bay goooone price dropped to 19900, hopefully that helps the cause.

OH and TWO more things whats with the * excluding on road costs after your price??
It makes it look like the price could go higher or that there is some sort of hidden cost....

I would also take the photo of the engine bay OFF it looks like a mess, with all that mud spray around the filter, I know your showing the 80series filter but wait to the buyer is at your door then tell him all about the benefits

as for the little "*" every car on car sales has that. because on road cost are rego transfer and stamp duty. so yes there is more cost on top of the price of the car.

Another thing is do you update it everyday? some people on there don't update their ads for weeks, hard to know what is and isn't for sale, you end up ringing like 10 people and only 3 cars are still for sale.

Latest posts

Back