Anyone from Townsville area on here???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea im from Townsville. I thought i was the only one. I would be keen to do some 4bying. I have been out a couple of times with a mate who has a old patrol. But i would like to go out with some one who owns a nav.

hell yea keen to go out any time.
im actually looking at heading out over easter either looking at maytown or the tablelands if my mate dont get his cruiser back in time

have eather of you been out ollera to do some off road work???

Iv taken my 2011 D22 out, it went ok, but did not have any one to go throug any serious stuff.

Its pritty good, the only problem is if you go out there on your own and dont know the road in, you will swamp your car. There is some water holes you have to go through some a very deep.

But saying that, it is pritty fun out there.

G'day from townsville as well, love it up here it's just very busy during the school holidays for camping, with every one trying to get out but some good 4wd and camping in the area

i sunk my nav at ollera a couple of weeks ago, drove all the way down fine coming home i forgot that i drove around the very first mud hole and ended up with water over the bull bar and some nice soggy interior carpets and seats. luckily I was able to reverse out. got home stripped the whole car back to steel inside and started cleaning. That little experience has completely turned me off driving through muddy tracks, well leading through muddy tracks anyway always fun to watch someone else

im from townsville, but moved to nsw when i was 8yrs old lol, dont remember much about it there

Fuck yeah awesome I thought I was the only one I've been out at ollera b4 it's pretty good to have 4by an go for a swim but dalbeg is awesome have u been down there I'm planning on doing a run bout 14th April if u guys keen it's an awesome track

hey man I'm in townsville too.. I was up at ollera last weekend maddest tracks but there are some very deep holes could easily swallow a ute.. would be awesome to get all the navs together and go for a run sometime.. where is dalbeg Boxy??

hey man I'm in townsville too.. I was up at ollera last weekend maddest tracks but there are some very deep holes could easily swallow a ute.. would be awesome to get all the navs together and go for a run sometime.. where is dalbeg Boxy??

Hey man would be good to do a Nav run dalbeg is about an hour and 20 south of Townsville and then u hit dirt track 20km long and that's the fun it can take u 3 to 4 hours awesome fishing last October we caught over 30 75cm to 105cm barra and lost bigger great camping spots ,the track apparently use to be an old mine track that went through all the way to the burdekin Dan another 30km up but no ones drivin it in years planning on doing a recon on the quads to see what id be up against an try a find the old track ive got gps marks on the old track almost all the way and then get a group together an explore it there's spost to be old gold mine sites out there I'm mainly looking for awesome camping spots an fishing

I use to do dalbeg a fair bit, truck down to the wier or blue valley and camp for a few night, catch a few barra and dodge the crocs. have you been lately? the track is pretty rooted now, especially going up the 2nd creek crossing. My mate went down before the last lot of rain we had and said he just unloaded the quads at the gates and rode them down. it use to be pretty awesome track going there but as words gotten out plenty of people have been going there digging up the tracks and worst of all making a mess of the camp sites, its not fucking hard to take your tinnes, bottles and rubbish home when you leave. sorry that's my rant just seems to be getting worse and worse. last time i was at ollera i took bags and bags of rubbish home from just where we camped and everyone else had left their shit.

I use to do dalbeg a fair bit, truck down to the wier or blue valley and camp for a few night, catch a few barra and dodge the crocs. have you been lately? the track is pretty rooted now, especially going up the 2nd creek crossing. My mate went down before the last lot of rain we had and said he just unloaded the quads at the gates and rode them down. it use to be pretty awesome track going there but as words gotten out plenty of people have been going there digging up the tracks and worst of all making a mess of the camp sites, its not fucking hard to take your tinnes, bottles and rubbish home when you leave. sorry that's my rant just seems to be getting worse and worse. last time i was at ollera i took bags and bags of rubbish home from just where we camped and everyone else had left their shit.

Hey mate I did the run probably 2 months ago I no what u mean it can get he'll busy but that's y I'm planning to explore further no one goes past the turn off to the gorge really coz from there it's gets pretty rough so i can get away from the people not to phased about the track being rough makes more fun an keeps more of the people out it will interesting to see what that last big rain did to it probably gunna go down there after Easter 14th I have sneaking suspicion I'm going to get stabbed 4 on call

Sounds like a good idea. I would be up foe it. Iv only just put a winch on my nav about a month ago and have not used it yet, so i wont to see how it goes. Buy the sounds of it, might need it. Do you guys know where i can get a set of decent suspention for my 2011 STR??? that wont coast me an arm and a leg.

We all might have to met up befor we go any wear, to see if we get along and how every one is with going off road. Let me know what you guys think????

Townsville here. Live and work at base of MT louisa so thats where I usually am, nether been to ollera or dalbeg, but grew up on the forestry rd tracks.

yeh im from townsville to as boxy already know's done most of the usual tracks dalberg olera forestry, little bit into stuart and the usual louisa.

if your planning a dalberg trip i suggest 33's everyone that came with 31's got hung up in some of the bigger ruts, but with that being said we never went around anything.

anywho im always keen for a run, so if you's pm me i can send you my number and just text us whenever you go. also if you manage to get yourself bogged at louisa i live just around the corner ;)

p.s. on dalberg being busy, we had a bloke rock up at 3 in the morning to our campo site with subs blairing ripping donuts and then tried to wake us up and have a chat, not impressed.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea. I would be up foe it. Iv only just put a winch on my nav about a month ago and have not used it yet, so i wont to see how it goes. Buy the sounds of it, might need it. Do you guys know where i can get a set of decent suspention for my 2011 STR??? that wont coast me an arm and a leg.

We all might have to met up befor we go any wear, to see if we get along and how every one is with going off road. Let me know what you guys think????

hey jamie i went through opposite lock for all my gear they were very helpful have a fairly good range of products i ended up going with ironman 2 inch lift jason and mark down there no what there talking about only problem is they havent got there fitting bays finished yet so they rely on the toyota next door to fit it which cost little bit more than tjm or Arb but i fit everythign myself

yeh im from townsville to as boxy already know's done most of the usual tracks dalberg olera forestry, little bit into stuart and the usual louisa.

if your planning a dalberg trip i suggest 33's everyone that came with 31's got hung up in some of the bigger ruts, but with that being said we never went around anything.

anywho im always keen for a run, so if you's pm me i can send you my number and just text us whenever you go. also if you manage to get yourself bogged at louisa i live just around the corner ;)

p.s. on dalberg being busy, we had a bloke rock up at 3 in the morning to our campo site with subs blairing ripping donuts and then tried to wake us up and have a chat, not impressed.

Hey mate how u goin ull have to msg me ur number again i wet my phone and lost my numbers would u been keen for a dalbeg mission past the gorge take the saws and the shovels see if we can find a new beter camping spot away from certain F#@$%#ts all reports ive had from the guys that have gone past the turnoff to the lookout reckon i gets rougher which is cool but ive got the whole track plotted on gps so it should be easier for us to find but might have to do some cutting and digging going take the bike for a run in there and check it out but the track is still pretty prominent from the latest satellite imagery but from a certain distance after the turnoff to the gorge so u ahve to been heading to the gps mark or u will be trying to push through scrub thinking about reconing it on the quads next weekend before taking the ute in

any of ur mates be keen

boxy

Latest posts

Back