Cape york august 2013!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just gotta get my suspension sorted, dont have any faith in the overpriced flogged out SAX suspension that is currently in the Nav

Mate
I have got everything packed.

Into boxes because im moving in a week. Then it will be a mad rush to set up the new house and find all my camping and recovery gear in time for the trip.

Good luck Bryce,

Remember plenty of photos!

Regards,

Paul
:shotgun:

Good morning all, I'm currently waiting in cairns for other friends & families to start our cape trip on Monday bloody excited must say had nav serviced yesterday still doing last minute preparations ironman bash plates fitted yesterday seems to never end, anyhow hope I can provide some info on our return before you guys head off! All the best.

Good morning all, I'm currently waiting in cairns for other friends & families to start our cape trip on Monday bloody excited must say had nav serviced yesterday still doing last minute preparations ironman bash plates fitted yesterday seems to never end, anyhow hope I can provide some info on our return before you guys head off! All the best.

Have a good trip mate

Hey guys. I leave in the morning for the Cape. Hope you all have a great trip. If you see me on the road give us a wave. You can't miss the pink.

image-2630343209.jpg

image-2312156133.jpg

have not been active in this thread for some time.

Sorry to hear Sparra and Rli that you can no longer make the trip, health issues can be a real bummer and they always seem to play their part when you really don't want it.

Paul I might look into what it would cost to freight the bead breaker tool to Brisbane and then to return it back to you. It may be a very handy tool to have on the trip.

Not long to go now, I think I will leave on Friday 2nd and drive straight to Port Douglas. Got a couple of drivers in my car, did Bris to Townsville at Xmas in one stint on my own so should breeze it in.

I will be leaving Brisbane around 3PM with 2 vehicles, anyone is welcome to tag along for all or part of the trip.

I also have a very large yard, just under 3 acres, 2 mins off the pacific hwy at Loganholme, any one doing the trip from the southern region are more than welcome to set upcamp and have a stop over. I am very close to just about anything you could ever want or need.

hey jason save yourself the room and money and just use your high ilft as a bead braker works a treat. Just a bit of info for you guys doing it this year i did it last year and was the best trip i,ve ever done.The eastern side for us was windy as so it as difficult to to get the tinney in at all,if you get the chance stay at a place called eddies place elim beach just out of cooktown that place is magic.The people that run bramwell junction are jerks if you dont have to stop there don't bother,just go straight onto the tele track.stop at archer river roadhouse instead much friendlier 3 dollar showers not ****en $10,if you have wife and kids and need a brake from the tent there is a great little resort in bamaga to stay at like we did to just brake the 3 week trip up wash our cloths have a decent feed.Oh yeah last but not least dont take any cloths you plan on keeping lol red dust will get into everything and anything any thngs u wanna no give us shout

cheers box

oh yeah one other thing archer river jus down from the road house we were advised not to stay there on weekends because the locals get there free slab and are down there drinking till all hours of the night .

Hey everybody! How's the preparations going? I'm pretty much packed and organised. Just waiting on a few spares to arrive in the mail, and then put it all in the car!

Excitement is definitely start to build!

Also, Jason, do we have a current list of people coming on the trip?

Hey everybody! How's the preparations going? I'm pretty much packed and organised. Just waiting on a few spares to arrive in the mail, and then put it all in the car!

Excitement is definitely start to build!

Also, Jason, do we have a current list of people coming on the trip?

I've got a few little thing to play with yet but mostly done. Building shelves for the back seats and the tub at the moment. Had my bearings done and major service done earlier this week.
I'm pumped! Dreading the drive up from Victoria tho.

Changed my oil, filters and fan belt yesterday . adjusting front bearings this arvo. Still need to reseal the snorkel and find a bit of my camping and recovery gear its all still boxed up from when I moved house 2 weeks ago.

Also wondering how much money I need. Obviously fuel and food. I think I read you need cash for a ferry, and is there any camping not paid for. Do I need to organize a national park permit or anything?

I'm gonna have a good look through my emails tonight or tomorrow and find all the info I need. Do a big print out of relevant info.

Yep I dont have the internet on at my new house yet and it would take forever to go through all the emails on my phone.

Latest posts

Back