Cheap LED strips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Under the bonnet - Sheesh hasn't anyone thought of that yet? - Was my first thought because I air up in the dark and use a torch to find the terminals.
Tuck some up under the dash or centre console for floor lighting linked to the dome light circuit.
Above the rear window to light the rear seat area.

They look very effective and if they are resilient enough then the underside of the sill above the sidesteps would be useful for low range at night to provide enough side lighting to highlight solid objects near to the vehicle.

Not a bad idea, they certainly would of been handy when my MAP sensor hose blew off 3 times.

However now fixed with 500psi rated hoses, hydraulic hose. Gotta love overkill.

Dave.

I just ordered 2 of them. wanting to put one behind my seat (single cab)
anyone put some on their toolbox? I hate searching through it at night with a torch. thats if i can find one. Hmmm wonder how hard it would be to wire these up one handed? Also where do you get the switches that are used to sense if a door is open so the interior light turns on?

Last edited:
Im still waiting for mine to turn up. Been 3 weeks since i paid for them!!!! thinking about using a magnetic read switch on my canopy rear so when i lift the glass it will come on and go off when closed. Will be a visual reminder too as i often drive off and forget to close the bloody thing.

Yep, still waiting too....
I reckon we have all ordered heaps and diminished their stock, as i also ordered some cheapo small LED torches from the same place and I got them mid this week but no LED lights!

I got my in the last week, just been outside installing them this weekend. Will post pics up soon.

I just have a soft cover on my navara, so I fixed 2 at the back with silicon and then another 2 on the sides. Then have a click switch at back that allows me too turn them on/off when ever i need them.

Installed 2 72 LED strips on my canopy side windows connected to the same switch that powers the existing 4 24 LED strips. All of these draw 1.15 amps or 13.8 watts, not bad for 240 LEDs!

Will try get some pics tonight

Installed 2 72 LED strips on my canopy side windows connected to the same switch that powers the existing 4 24 LED strips. All of these draw 1.15 amps or 13.8 watts, not bad for 240 LEDs!

Will try get some pics tonight

Holy carp they will be able to see you from the moon...!!:top:

Haha, never have to much light! It is so bright inside the canopy with the side windows closed (checked it last night), looking forward to drive to a dark spot later on to check how much light is thrown onto the ground with the windows up!

Been busy fitting some lights under hard lid onD22......

Was able to use aluminium section to attach lights and switch....

See Pic's :idea: Very Happy with light in the tray ....!!!

Attachments

• Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Image018.jpg
    Image018.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Image019.jpg
    Image019.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Image021.jpg
    Image021.jpg