D40&D22 auto Lokka group buy **DEAL NOW CLOSED**

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be interested in on of these for the front of the D40.

Anyone have a rough idea on a price to get one installed. I assume a dedicated gearbox and diff repair shop is the place to go or maybe a dedicated 4wd shop.

not sure mate, also you would have two ways to go about it,

1) the cheap option - do the pull down your self and take the centre to your chosen workshop and have them do the centre, then put it all back together yourself prob looking at 1hr labour less then $100

2) drive it in drop it off and pick it up when they are finished.

Im thinking around $250-$300+ for the 2nd option

Any Idea how much freight would be to WA?

Not really mate, it shouldnt be too much, the locker is actually quite small and pretty light so i cant see it being more the $20.

I will need to get a price on monday from the post office, whats your post code? send me a pm if you prefer not to display it

not sure mate, also you would have two ways to go about it,

1) the cheap option - do the pull down your self and take the centre to your chosen workshop and have them do the centre, then put it all back together yourself prob looking at 1hr labour less then $100

2) drive it in drop it off and pick it up when they are finished.

Im thinking around $250-$300+ for the 2nd option

Yeah I will probably get it installed and will ring around and get some prices in the morning. I was hoping around $300-$400 at most.

I will let you know for sure after I get prices tomorrow.

Dave

Not really mate, it shouldnt be too much, the locker is actually quite small and pretty light so i cant see it being more the $20.

I will need to get a price on monday from the post office, whats your post code? send me a pm if you prefer not to display it

I don't care about that, I live in Margaret River... if it is that cheap, then I am in....

As long as it is gonna fit my front diff, add me to the list....

The list at the moment is now 8 units

we have ,

onemofo x3 units 2xD22's + 1xD40

75GRC x 1 unit , D22 v6

Ben85 x 1 unit , D22 ZD30

SPALDING x 1 unit, D22 ZD30

Eclipsed x 1 unit, D22 ZD30

Gbt x ! unit, D40 King cab

have i missed anyone??

I may have another, just have to speak with the guys at the store and see if it's suited to the old mans work load, he drives with a ton of water everyday spraying paddocks plus he is air bagged in the rear (not that should effect it at all) Father's Day is coming up after all.

I enquired to 4wd systems about these and to why I could get one cheaper from overseas , they told me it was due to their buy rate from the supplier , but they wouldn't tell me who actually makes them and where the factory is, I like the idea but think I'll save for a e-locker , if the lokka is really Aussie made then why is it so much cheaper to get one from the USA

I enquired to 4wd systems about these and to why I could get one cheaper from overseas , they told me it was due to their buy rate from the supplier , but they wouldn't tell me who actually makes them and where the factory is, I like the idea but think I'll save for a e-locker , if the lokka is really Aussie made then why is it so much cheaper to get one from the USA

They are actually made overseas like so many other products< BUT they are owned by a Aussie company.
You can also get and ARB locker in the USA cheaper then you can hear.

The LOKKA from the sates has been bought by the US distributor and like us he receives a discount for buying more then 1.

we are buying 10 and we will be getting around a $185 discount.
the US imported buys 100's at a time so i would say he is getting a good price on the per unit scale which allows him to compete in his local market and therefore sell them for less then what they sell them for hear.

However none of that matters to us because the buyers in this group buy are now getting them cheaper then what they would if they bought one from the US and then paid for postage here to AUS.

EDIT; I WAS INCORRECT THE LOKKA IS 100% DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED HERE IN ADELAIDE AUSTRALIA AND DISTRIBUTED FROM HERE ALL OVER AUS AND THE WORLD

Last edited:
I may have another, just have to speak with the guys at the store and see if it's suited to the old mans work load, he drives with a ton of water everyday spraying paddocks plus he is air bagged in the rear (not that should effect it at all) Father's Day is coming up after all.

It wont be an issue as they are stronger then the stock parts mate, its apart of the reason why they are a good thing for the D40 owners, it gets rid of all the centre components that fail.

So i cant see it being a problem for your oldmans setup.

Thankyou you just confirmed what I thought that they are made overseas and not here in Australia, I really dislike when shops claim an item is made here but isn't ,

As far as i am aware they are built and designed here then produced overseas.

EDIT; I WAS INCORRECT THE LOKKA IS 100% DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED HERE IN ADELAIDE AUSTRALIA AND DISTRIBUTED FROM HERE ALL OVER AUS AND THE WORLD

Last edited:
We now have 9 units on the order we only need one more and we can start pooling the coins and transfer it to them.

Im not sure if we should wait and see if more jump in on the deal and try and get the price a tad lower or just go for it as it is?

How about we give it till end of week-ish?? We just made 9 orders in 2 days we may give plenty more over the weekdays. We may get none but I think it's best of we give other a chance to jump in. Thoughts?? In saying that I think a cut off date is good now we have the majority of what's needed.

Oh and to add, even though they are produced overseas I could have stuck with my original plan and imported but I'm going in this direction to support Muster sponsors, other drivers who want a good deal on a Lokka and the Aussie market as best I can. Not having a go at anyone so buy away, I just prefer to support Aussies when I can afford too.

Yeah I figured that Nath, I think he will be fine, just deciding on weather he wants it front or rear. When i spoke with him he saying he carries 1200kg most days, on his 1ton ute haha.

No probs Pat, but the details are in, once we hit 10 units i will let everyone know that is a definite and who has sent me a PM with the info on their Nav model engine ect i will send a pm back with my account details. then once we have all the money in i will transfer it to 4WD SYSTEMS accounts as payment needs to be done in one complete transaction.
As soon as i have them people can pick them up or i will post out, cost for post will depend on what area and state they are going to.

So let me know as soon as you are 100% sure and i will add you to the official buy list.

Cheers,
Nath

2 PM's sent I'm in ............. !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back