Death from heatwaves to rise, "Without Emission cuts"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Dave,
the rise in temps are averages taken over the decades of recordings and not just taken from 10 yearly 45 degree days 3 or 4 days in a row.

I find myself in agreance with you Krankin. Your quite right you can't look at day temps. The only way, like most things is to look at trends. The latest IPCC report says that over the last 15 years 13 of them have been the hotest ever recorded.
Interestingly they say the latest spout of extreme events may not be due to climate change. H owever that is beyond doubt that the human race is contirbuting to global warming.

As far as I see it, Julia must be doing a good job. It has been announced that she is getting a $90,000 pay rise :sarcastic:

She gets $90K for doing things noboby likes and Tony gets $70K for doing nothing but disagree, I don't think either are worth it but Tony's definitely screwing the tax payers more than Julia on this one.

Just like other jobs in the country Pollies wages should be performance based and on that alone all of them would be on the poverty line.

I remember when I was a youngin, it was confirmed that the earth was cooling due to airborne pollution.

Potatoes, were good, then bad, then good.

We were going into another el nino event but then there were floods so they fell silent.

Yesterday we were going to have heavy rain at home Tuesday night until midday Wednesday. We had 2mm.

There is no doubt what we have done to our planet is bad but I have heard & read so much BS, I have little faith anymore.

The corporate high flyers wages put the politicians to shame & even when they are crap, they often get multi million dollar payouts.

I will just continue plodding on as a working drone.

You only got 2mm in Central Vic? Bloody news reports lie, they said it rained all over the place, we apparently got 18mm but I think the farm got 118mm, seems to be a permanent rain cloud over that place these days.

I reckon my house is in some sort of vacuum or black hole. It can be raining everywhere else & I get home & it's bloody dry!

The BOM are still liars.

P.S just got off the BOM website. Rainfall last 24 hours. Whiteheads Creek - 1mm, Broadford - 1mm, Mangalore - 1mm. Maybe I was lucky that we got 2mm. Mind you these figures are probably lies too :)

Last edited:
Well apparently a mini tornado went through Morwell the other night (caused a million dollars of improvements :sarcastic: ) but none of the surrounding towns got anywhere near that sort of damage, they all got rain and some wind but nothing as destructive as Morwell got.

Morwell hasn't even got a power station now days so it can't be global warming :ha:

I find myself in agreance with you Krankin. Your quite right you can't look at day temps. The only way, like most things is to look at trends. The latest IPCC report says that over the last 15 years 13 of them have been the hotest ever recorded.
Interestingly they say the latest spout of extreme events may not be due to climate change. H owever that is beyond doubt that the human race is contirbuting to global warming.

Can't agree, how long have temperatures been recorded? Couple of hundred years?

How long has the earth been around? Couple hundred thousand? Millions? Everything works in cycles, no-one disputes that, but what if the climate's temperature runs on a thousand year cycle?

How long has the earth been around? Couple hundred thousand? Millions? Everything works in cycles, no-one disputes that, but what if the climate's temperature runs on a thousand year cycle?

Oh absoultely. Like i said the best you can do is look for trends and it's trending up and we are (humans) almost certainly doing it.
Myself I would go on the advice of the IPCC than the likes of Alan Jones Lord Monkton, Barnably Joice or the like.

BTW the earth 4.5 billion years old.

You only got 2mm in Central Vic? Bloody news reports lie, they said it rained all over the place, we apparently got 18mm but I think the farm got 118mm, seems to be a permanent rain cloud over that place these days.

I got 75mm

but what if the climate's temperature runs on a thousand year cycle?

The great "what if".... ya cant live by "what ifs", we can only go by what has been recorded.

"what if" Dave's right and aliens are behind global warming.

Krankin, look up, is there one of those dark rain clouds hovering over your head like in cartoons because apparently Central Vic got nowhere near 75mm.

Krankin, look up, is there one of those dark rain clouds hovering over your head like in cartoons because apparently Central Vic got nowhere near 75mm.

well there was on that day.....

everyones driveway ended out on the street again but next doors shitty driveway ended up in my front yard, blocked my aggi/stormwater drains and flooded my whole front:rant::rant:
and it drizzled/showers for the remainder.

might be cause i live up on the Dividing range so I cop the southern weather and it stops at the range as does the northern weather
but theres no mistaking it...75mm in my raingauge.

We nearly always get more rain than the media tells us we do, I think they have a lid on their rain gauges.

Maybe their rain gauge is like the storage meter on the dams because I reckon the media has been mis-reporting those figures for years too.

Totally agree
Climate change is BS, the earth has been heating and cooling for hundreds of years, it runs in a 25 odd year cycle, we are right at the peak of a heating cycle, this is going to work perfectly for the government, as it wil start to cool on its own again and the government will give themselves high 5's and talk about how good they are. This has been proven and the government still wont back down, they have believed their lie for so long now they thinks its the truth. I'm sick of the BS they feed the us and media with every day. Why cant we just get someone that is going to tell the truth? They need to cut the crap and say it as it is.
I still find it funny that they say we are putting to much carbon and pollution into the air, but every time a volcano erupts it spews more carbon into the air than we do. Our effort to stop climate change is not going to do a thing as long as volcano's continue to exist.

People have adapted over time.

Crocodiles have lasted all this time because they have adapted.

So I am told, in time we will evolve so so dont grow Wisdom teeth as we dont use them and most people get them removed.

The planet has had a ice age, we can see that from the way the glaciers cut into the landscape.

There is no evidence of how hot it got.

From memory, Methane has more of an effect of trapping the heat in to our atmosphere.

I have mixed feelings about the issue. Very keen on a coastal location but can't afford the prices. If what they say is right, I reckon if I wait long enough, I won't need to move. :sarcastic:

Nah you'll be right, buy 20ks from the beach and before you retire it will be water front property and worth triple the value.

Latest posts

Back