Ebay Navigation/Multimedia System

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm installing mine from digoptions atm and i'm a bit confused with where the short red wire off the rear camera yellow plug goes to.(Pic attached) Also a blue wire from the back of the unit named BACK, I'm unsure about. Everything else is working great, hoping someone can remember. I will post some pics soon.

Attachments

• PICT0138.jpg
    PICT0138.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 96
Only guessing from what I can see in the pic but to my way of thinking you have the red from the RCA that goes into the camera going to the feed which is your reverse light, (splice,solder,weld,blutak whatever to join to).

Then the red from the other end is for the feed to the screen so that your screen switches to rear view when reverse is selected. You can either find the reverse cable as it heads down the chassis rail somewhere or pick up the reverse relay under the bonnet.

I believe in the D40 the reverse cable goes under the passenger seat or some such thing but I found it easier to hook into the relay under the bonnet.

Got it sorted Matt from Dig emailed me . Short red wire attaches to blue wire from unit called BACK , then red and blk joined wires tap into reverse light . Thanks.

Or tap it into the relay under the bonnet and save running two cables back to the reverse light, doesn't save much work but it's one less wire you have to run and it's easy to get to should you every have problems.

How does the bluetooth work on these systems - is the audio good quality? I spend alot of time on the phone whilst driving, so want to make sure the bluetooth side of the system is top notch.

Bluetooth works fine and sound quality is good

However, its volume level is too low and you have to turn the stereo up to hear. Then when you switch back to radio it blasts your ears if you forget to turn it down.

This is even when the channel EQ for radio is turned all the way down (-7) and Bluetooth is all the way up (+7)

not that bad though

I have just bought one of ebay from pretty_guru or somthing like that and fitted it into my 07 stx d40..I had to get elbows from jcar for the gps and tv but it is in there and all working fine,,It is a tight fit with that cross brace but it does fit.. $350 for the unit which i think is very cheap for what it does..It has cost me nearlly twice that just for some nice speakers and an amp.. Very happy with it though...

Hi Everyone,
Rapidshare is saying this file is no longer available , any chance of someone sending it through, or posting it again?

Pleasssssssee? :)

I think I have a copy on my other machine but I wont be on that machine for a few days. If no one else finds a copy I'll have a look if its still floating around and whack it up somewhere, but I'm sure others must have it somewhere.

Hi Krafty,

Did you end up having a look? I have this all installed, so I'll be looking at tweaking it shortly when I get the hang of the thing.

Cheers

No actually I forgot, anyone got the name of the file so I can search for it?

Looks like I have still got it here but it's only 2.5mb and not all of the zip appears to be working. I've never used it and have changed plans for Nav options now so unless Woody or something like that who was using similar systems has it downloading it from other sources might be your only option.

Try doing a search for
Nav N Go iGO 8
Navigation software for PND devices
UK
March 2008, ver. 1.4

Which is the info that comes up on the PDF file, if someone downloaded it once it will be downloadable again.

ive just installed the new AVN model in my R51 and have a few issues.

Matt emailed me saying there was a new software update coming and if happy to wait a day, i would get an updated version

now unit is installed, but the rear plugs fitted ok, but there was no loom for the steering wheel controls.

second, when i click navi, it goes to the screen with the blue belair style car and two small diamond boxes on right with setup and something else. I click on navigation and a "error" message comes up in german (i think). Click ok and it goes. Click on navigation again and it takes me to the option page - road / offroad. All works well from there

when the road / offroad screen shows, i have a few icons in the bottom left. One an arrow, another a dice and a few other bits - i think they are wierd games - either way i want to piss them off as they are not needed

other then these, the unit is good.
still waiting to hear back from matt however. A few original questions i emailed have been resolved by me playing
- navigation didnt work one day, then worked the next
- the rest of the lights on the buttons work with the head lights (i couldnt get the colour to change to orange, but a member on here said the lights come on when the headlights are on - handy knowing that now!))

just need to get rid of those game icons and the german error msg, aswell as sort steering controls

got a file sent to me from matt that is just a background for the navi screen - this fixed that german problem

SD card was removed to have above file added, put it back in and the unit wouldnt find the card again. Went for a drive and tried again and bingo, worked. wierd

still nothing from matt in regards to the steering wheel harness. Feels like he is escaping the question as my other points have been answered but this one hasnt.

Installed mine today.
Looks like a good bit of gear.
Only the camera to go tomorrow.
I have a question about the camera i have hooked it up to the unit and hooked the wire that says camera to the wire that says back. Just don't know what to do with the wires at the back of ute.
Do i hook the red into the reverse lights and ground the black or do i hook the red into power from somewhere and ground the black.
I was amazed how easy it was to install (im only a plasterer)

Cheers
Chado

Installed mine today.
Looks like a good bit of gear.
Only the camera to go tomorrow.
I have a question about the camera i have hooked it up to the unit and hooked the wire that says camera to the wire that says back. Just don't know what to do with the wires at the back of ute.
Do i hook the red into the reverse lights and ground the black or do i hook the red into power from somewhere and ground the black.
I was amazed how easy it was to install (im only a plasterer)

Cheers
Chado

Take one of your tail lights out using a 10mm socket, locate the red wire at the back of the reversing light globe, solder this to the red wire from the camera, then the black/red wire from the reversing light globe gets soldered to the black wire from the camera.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back