Headlight Globe removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade193

Reaction score
I bought some upgraded globes but I'm having difficulty removing the black plug of the original bulbs. It's not helping that I can only use one hand at the moment due to a broken finger. Any tips?

Also, i noticed that the drivers side has 3 wires and the passenger side has 2. Why is that?

Thanks in advance.

they are tight to get off and really need two hands. When you pull hard on the plug the bulb will be moving against the securing clip. I find you have to hold the bulb steady as you pull on the plug. Getting the rubber cover out of the way can help.

should have 3 wires on each side

Thanks ozsnow.
Correct on the 3 wires. Passenger was just harder to see until i got a better torch.
The manual says to squeeze but i can't feel anything being squeezed/moving like it will slide.
Very frustrating getting stuck on the most basic of tasks.

Have you removed the lamp from the headlight, if so just pull hard while pushing on the connection although you shouldn't need to remove it unless your installing hid ballist. If you haven't got that far there is a little metal clip that you will need to push in the upwards to unlatch then it will hinge outwards. Then you will be able to pull the rubber groomit off with ease

I'm only trying to remove the lamp out of it to put in upgraded ones. Just surprised how tight the connection is and hard to do with one hand at the moment. It got too cold so I gave up. I will get an assistant tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back