How many of us have boats or like fishing?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you own a boat?

• Yes a tinny

Votes: 70 29.2%
  • yes a bigger one

Votes: 83 34.6%
  • no but I would like one

Votes: 63 26.3%
  • No way never again

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Dont need one for the fishing I do

Votes: 19 7.9%

• Total voters
Seems to me that whenever the towball gets too close to the tow hitch on the boat trailer, the wind gets up! If it's a spontanious thing, then it works, but a planned weekender, forget it!!! I guess where i am, you need 2 boats, a large for the reef and a small for the dam or river. Maybe one day.....

My wife and I only fish the rivers and inlets with our boat.
It is just a 3.5 meter tinny with a 15 horse 2 stroke.
It sits on the trailer until winter, then it lives on top of the camper trailer for our many camping expeditions. I also have a mount on the camper trailer to carry the motor. We usually dont camp where we cant fish either with the boat or from shore...
Bill

jon, i used to go out fishing on my mates 530 BONE crusher, and it wasn't the most comfortable of boats, what does your ride like?
he ended up selling it and getting a 24 foot kevlacat, i love fishing that his boat, sleep on the way out to fishing and sleep on the trip home. we got 50 to 60 nm out from the bay

boat1.jpg

The rig we get around in is a 5.45m Tabs Ocean Series,
Ive also got a small tinny i use for chasing the bream,

06032010658.jpg

You cant beat a good feed of King George Whiting
boat6.jpg

Very nice setup Ankaz!

I am loving this thread.

My new boat got started yesterday, still a long way to go, but I will get some pics up when I can.

My whole family share an old 16 foot runabout cant even be sure of the brand but it has a real nice 75 hp Honda four stroke and we use it for skiing and stuff.And I also have a tinny with a 25 hp Suzuki for fun but I am not into fishing ,never caught a fish but love the water ,love boats and would love to live on the coast but don't all bushy's want to be by the water???

jon, i used to go out fishing on my mates 530 BONE crusher, and it wasn't the most comfortable of boats, what does your ride like?
he ended up selling it and getting a 24 foot kevlacat, i love fishing that his boat, sleep on the way out to fishing and sleep on the trip home. we got 50 to 60 nm out from the bay

lol, bone crusher! You're kidding right? It's one of the better riding aluminum boats around, there are others around which are comparable but will cost you twice as much. Comparing a fibreglass twin hull boat to a plate ally is like comparing apples and oranges. A plate ally is what I needed and it suits the conditions in north queensland better. Hardly see any cats up here at all actually. We often travel the distances you are talking about up here as the reef is some distance away. Comfortable? well I didn't by it for lounging around in. Everything on the boat is functional and that function is fishing. Fully sealed deck is awesome and I love having a checker plate floor to make it easy to wash the blood off while fishing, the big kill tank comes in handy for the spanish mackeral as they are too long for the esky, I love the big cabin hatch for anchor retrieval. Kevlacat's are a nice rig, I wouldn't even consider one for my needs though personally.

Couples of hours of work on a reef off Townsville with one other bloke gave us this nice little haul. Gotta love fishing in the tropics.

Attachments

• IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 91
Didn't someone have a picture of their Nav pulling that big bugger up onto the beach?

I remember that weekened very well, a fair bit of the Hunter Valley was flooded.

I used the excuse with work that I was flooded in and only done local work, there in Sydney so they didn't have a clue. Lol.

Dave.

I have a Quintrex 560 Freedom cruiser, bought it with a mate last year, is the bowrider jobbie with inboard Mercruiser 135hp motor.
I'm kind of into fishing (spend heaps on the gear but don't get many fish), eagerly awaiting yellowfin season kicking off.
Also have a Fishing kayak, get heaps more fish from the yak than I do from the boat

Attachments

• Boat Rose Bay sml.JPG
    Boat Rose Bay sml.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 84
Got a little 3.6m tinny with a 15hp merc on the back. Nothing flash but it was free and gets me where i wanna go. Good fun for me and my mate or the missus, who ever i decide to take on the day.

I have a Quintrex 560 Freedom cruiser, bought it with a mate last year, is the bowrider jobbie with inboard Mercruiser 135hp motor.
I'm kind of into fishing (spend heaps on the gear but don't get many fish), eagerly awaiting yellowfin season kicking off.
Also have a Fishing kayak, get heaps more fish from the yak than I do from the boat

I was just reading a story on the quintrex/inboard package in a fishing magazine, how do you find the inboard mate? Advantages over an outboard?

Latest posts

Back