Monster Rides ReKon Suspension for Navara D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much for a complete kit for a 4" suspension lift
front and rear ready to bolt in?

Hey Mate,

We don't really specify a 3" or 4" kit at this stage, as we haven't finished all the parts... but mainly because the front coilover is adjustable.
So you can have a 3.1" or 3.7" or 4" kit all from the same coilovers.
You just screw the coil seat up or down on the threaded shock body to adjust the exact amount of lift you are after.

The depending on what you'd like to run in the rear you could look at a set of lifted leaf springs, either the Sax brand we offer at around $1150 - $1350 or a cheaper set of springs. We recommend brands like Tough Dog and Dobinsons, they make good gear and it is well backed. expect to pay $600 ish here depending on your location.

Alternatively you could run a extended shackle with a stock set of leaves to get the lift in the rear.

So you would then add any of these options to Package 1 at $1800.

We expect the UCA's to come in at $1000 - $1200 when completed.
We are trialling a few new innovations like a full sealed uniball and ceramic coating, so until we work out what we will run with as a final production model it is hard to specify a price.

The other thing that we find is that trucks drive so much better when the centre of gravity is as low as possible, so we like to set trucks up as low as possible to clear the tyres at full bump and steering lock.
So with that in mind our preference is to wind the coilovers down as low as possible to get the tyres clearing.

I'd suggest form what we have seen so far depending on rim offset a set of 33's will need about 3.25 - 3.75" of lift up front. Tyre brand will also play a part as they will differ in overall diameter from brand to brand.

Also every truck is different, they way the come out of the chassis jigs in the factory will mean some trucks will take lift easily and clear tyres no worries, while others will just fight you all the way.

So sorry to not be able to give you a definitive answer, but this kit is still a work in progress... as we add products tot he kit and complete it the aim is to be able to offer a 3.5"-4" kit depending on what the CV's look like.

At this stage we know without a UCA or a diff drop kit 3" is fine, so for thos interested they can get the coilovers and rear shocks now and then add to the kit and adjust more lift as we add parts to the line up.

Cheers
Matt

stupid question but how do you adjust them?

No stupid questions here Mate!

You use a C Spanner to wind them up or down, I don't have a picture of the Navara set up handy, but here is one of the Hilux to give you an idea.

Monster_Rides_Screw_Height_Adjuster_01.jpg

You need to jack the front end up to take the sprung weight of the coils and when wind them, otherwise you'll need to have arms like Arnold to wind them up with the sprung weight on the coil.

The C Spanner comes with the front coilovers as part of the price.

So you can really dial in mm perfect lift from side to side, so the truck will sit even and level.

Cheers
Matt

Wouldn't mind a measurement from top of arch to bottom of 16" rim once fitted at max, also what is there to fix the camber on models not fitted with adjustment.

Hey Mate,

The only option we would have so far would be to replace the stock UCA with the new one we will have that will offer a lot more castor adjustment.

That said, we are yet to investigate other suppliers of offset ball joints or the like so there may be an option there.
Let me know if you guys have already found such an item.

Cheers
Matt

stage 1 $1800 bucks will get me 3'' of lift ?? sorry i dont no much about the suspension how it all works together...
or what els will i need also will have to get someone to install

stage 1 $1800 bucks will get me 3'' of lift ?? sorry i dont no much about the suspension how it all works together...
or what els will i need also will have to get someone to install
no the 1800 package 1 is just the front coilovers(so ull get the 3 inch the front not the back ) and rear shocks dosent include rear leaves or extended shackles they are extra

so 1800 bucks will lift the front 3'' and i don't need anything els for the front ??
then ill need some heavy duty leafs so prob around 600 so around 2400 for 3'' lift ..

Hey Mate,

We don't really specify a 3" or 4" kit at this stage, as we haven't finished all the parts... but mainly because the front coilover is adjustable.
So you can have a 3.1" or 3.7" or 4" kit all from the same coilovers.
You just screw the coil seat up or down on the threaded shock body to adjust the exact amount of lift you are after.

The depending on what you'd like to run in the rear you could look at a set of lifted leaf springs, either the Sax brand we offer at around $1150 - $1350 or a cheaper set of springs. We recommend brands like Tough Dog and Dobinsons, they make good gear and it is well backed. expect to pay $600 ish here depending on your location.

Alternatively you could run a extended shackle with a stock set of leaves to get the lift in the rear.

So you would then add any of these options to Package 1 at $1800.

We expect the UCA's to come in at $1000 - $1200 when completed.
We are trialling a few new innovations like a full sealed uniball and ceramic coating, so until we work out what we will run with as a final production model it is hard to specify a price.

The other thing that we find is that trucks drive so much better when the centre of gravity is as low as possible, so we like to set trucks up as low as possible to clear the tyres at full bump and steering lock.
So with that in mind our preference is to wind the coilovers down as low as possible to get the tyres clearing.

I'd suggest form what we have seen so far depending on rim offset a set of 33's will need about 3.25 - 3.75" of lift up front. Tyre brand will also play a part as they will differ in overall diameter from brand to brand.

Also every truck is different, they way the come out of the chassis jigs in the factory will mean some trucks will take lift easily and clear tyres no worries, while others will just fight you all the way.

So sorry to not be able to give you a definitive answer, but this kit is still a work in progress... as we add products tot he kit and complete it the aim is to be able to offer a 3.5"-4" kit depending on what the CV's look like.

At this stage we know without a UCA or a diff drop kit 3" is fine, so for thos interested they can get the coilovers and rear shocks now and then add to the kit and adjust more lift as we add parts to the line up.

Cheers
Matt

so to succesfully run 4" lift, I would need UCA's aswell?

I will need to check with tough dog or dobinsons to see if they offer 4" lift springs

do you know if extended shackles are legal in QLD?

Extended shackles arnt legal I'll probably find most people get at least 3 inchs out if there rear springs could use a 1 inch block under the spring if it needed

so to succesfully run 4" lift, I would need UCA's aswell?

I will need to check with tough dog or dobinsons to see if they offer 4" lift springs

do you know if extended shackles are legal in QLD?

Hey Mate,

I doubt you would need 4" lifted springs.

You'll find that on a stock truck the front end will naturally be lower compared to the rear, so usually on 4" lifts you run a 2" lifted leaf spring in the rear and it will sit nicely with a 3-4" lifted front.

Cheers
Matt

So 3" spring lift upfront should be hassle free in regards to cv angles and coil hat issues?

I ordered mine on thursday so it should be here monday. Matt was very good to deal and helpful! Ill post some pics when i put it on, i just have to wait 4-6 weeks for my tyres/wheels as taleb tyres where im getting them from takes that long so i dont really wanna drive with the lift and no tyres/wheels because it'll probably look stupid

Looking forward to this, it seems that fully adjustable coilovers would have a greater advantage over a permanent lift. As long as its engineered i suppose, all would be ok with insurance too.

Latest posts

Back