My D40 aka glen

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottynoggs

Reaction score
Hi all new here

This is my 12 td manual d40 dual cab

Mods so far:

2" coil spacers
2" shackles
2" body lift
Genuine winch bar
Hid spotties
Led light bar
285 silverstone sport muddies
0 offset pro comp rims
Lifted and modded tow bar (to hopefully fit a 33+ spare)
Egr blocked
Tuff tonne cover

Mods to come

Just purchased a pair of spc uca's to go in accompany with a 2" susp lift using the shackles and coil spacers ontop. I know ppl will tell me this can't be done but I disagree
New 305 or 315 muddies
E lockers
Roof rack
Roof top tent
3" pipe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 16,451
And for shits and giggles, this is my old rig

6" lift
8" shocks
37's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 291
hey mate looks nice can I ask the width of your rim and a photo straight down the side to see how much they stick out. I have a set of 17x9's with zero offset but have been reluctant to fit them. At the moment I have 2 inch lifted springs and 35mm coil spacers fitted, wheel alignment brought the camber back good too. Been driving round putting up with the clunking noise for a few months haven't found a set of UCA's yet.

My rims are 8.5 wide, and stick out a fair bit hey, not for the faint hearted. ill try get a pic for you mate. You have any issues doing the 4" suspension lift mate? i got my ucas for 550 inc postage from the us, 300 bucks cheaper then here. Yes stock springs in it still, not for long though. I recon ill get 35's under it with the 6" lift. And no dropped diffs!

Righto cheers buddy. Well i originally just fitted a 2 inch kit which raised it 2 at the front and 3 in the rear. I then fitted a steel bullbar and the 35mm spacers at the same time. Looks just right for now

Here's the offset, cop bait but looks great. Good for flicking mud fowards into you mate ute in front too haha

Getting the centre muffler cut out tomorrow, hopefully will sound good. Then ive just got to get a dump pipe. Don't see the point in buying a 2.5" system for 800 when you can modify the original pipe of the same size

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 224
righto cheers for that bud. Let me know how the exhaust sounds I see they have them dump pipes on ebay. Think my wheels will stick out further cause its thai built and 9 inch wide rims

Here's the towbar. I pretty much chopped off the steel below the horizontal brace (that bolts to the bottom of the chassis rail), then chopped it 120 from the very back of the main towbar plate (measuring inwards). I then used the piece I cut off the bottom at the start and welded it directly behind the bit you have left. Then braced it underneath with some 80mm wide plate along the bottom for strength, and added gussets on the inside of both internal corners to add a bit more strength.

You gain about 150 for a bigger spare and acts as a step as I took mine off, and the tow bar moves up about 100 to 150mm.

Also on another note, got the muffler cut out and a flanged piece of pipe put in (good idea to swap back if you get yellowed) and the note is no different, apart from the turbo is wayyyyy louder. Now I'll get a dump pipe for 250 and I'll have a full system, and should give it a note. The bends on the original pipe are pretty good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 171
hey mate got some SPC control arms, fitted them and got a wheel alignment today and the cockheads have adjusted the top balljoint all the way in and by the time I have drivin it home the coil hat has torn the rubbers on the balljoint even after I told the cock heads there might be a problem there, have you got the same problem with yours? I am gonna take to the coil hat with a grinder tomorrow

Update, think some people might be interested in this

Just installed

2" tough tough springs on
5100 adjustable bilstein shocks
With 2" coil spacers
2" ironman leafs on 2" shackles
4" travel rancho shocks
6" ext brake lines
Spc upper arms

Haven't measured it yet over a stock d40 but all I can say Is it's massive

Just gotta adjust steering, and camber bolts on lca's and should get close or back to normal camber. This is all with a 2" body lift. At a guess I'd say there is 5" of lift in the rear and 4 to 5" of lift in the front (in just suspension lift) Cv angle good. And I should have room for 35's. stay tuned for measurements and pics

Sounds good with the towbar.i hadnt thought about the spare tyre fitment.new goodies sound good..need more pics tho.

Herb and scotty.in the spc uca paperwork they do say to trim the coil bucket.i trimed mine.i was very nervious when the muppets wheel alinged mine,i took spc's instructions with me but i did most of their work at home with a angle finder gauge.actually got it near perfect both sides.did that to check the clearance b4 bob jane got it.
Im at 4"lift too.good cv angles and 33s....thinking about 50mm body lift an 35s but love to see some pics

hows the ride with the body lift with the spacers and shackles together? i was thinking of doing the same it only has spacers and shackles on it now, still smooth or did you have any problems with it ?

Latest posts

Back