Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Postin this here cause i know u guys have em,

Maddog with your scangauge does it give you relevant temperature readings for turning off ur nav? How does it work with your turbo timer plugged in? (or is it not plug n play)
Just wondering if i should get a timer, scanguage or both...

Matty: did you say last time you have a catch can? Did you buy it from supachap? How hard was it to install?

I'm thinking along the lines of small things i can mod to make the old girl last longer

cheers fellas

do you mean turn off temperatures like the exhaust gas temp?

scangauge doesnt give you any exhaust temps, but it gives you things such as intake air temp, radiator temp, rpm, km/h, throttle position sensor reading, etc.

just get a turbo timer, and they arent plug in play for the navara as far as i know; i had to install my manually, but dont forget they're illegal so dont leave it running near a cop, lol. i just have mine set to 30 secs for daily driving or change to around 2min after a good freeway/highway cruise depending on length of trip and average speed.

oh yeah, forgot

i got a bogaard cept the plugs had been cut as it was ripped out of a skyline that some kid crashed and was selling it on ebay, lol

best 32 bucks spent!

ok cool, just thought u might be able to see when it cools and do it manually instead of a timer. bugger that tho i'm lazy so will hunt around for boggard or similar.

Cheers guys, indecision is a b***h

Postin this here cause i know u guys have em,

Matty: did you say last time you have a catch can? Did you buy it from supachap? How hard was it to install?

i bought mine from auto one but supacheap probably cheaper cost me about 70 bucks plus 500 mm of 5/8 heater hose and some hose clamps pretty easy to install hardest part was finding somewhere to mount it
007.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

i'm about to put the catch can in myself and was trying to find a suitable place. found one now. cheers mate.

no worries mate that bit of ali strip with the holes in it come with the catch can i bent it by hand and the bottom mount bolt was already in the fire wall and i just tek screwed the rest in

Cheers mate, i might throw one in this weekend.

Maddog i can't make it this weekend, oktoberfest is callin sat and my diary (missus) has a birthday booked in sun arvo.

Matty how long till the babys due? Gotta get out again before lockdown

dont like my chances fellas bub is due on thurs 29th oct that leaves this weekend and im booked out on sun not sure if im workin on sat as yet but most probably as were are a man down as of today

whos up for some mundaring or pines fun on either the weekends of november 14/15 or 21/22?

i'd prefer either of these dates as they're fairly close to now with 14/15 being the weekend all my exams are over and 21/22 being the weekend after my birthday and just before schoolies week.

if i can get the car all mud'ed up and dirty then its unlikely some pricks are going to try steal it haha

and then its offroad trips whenever! though hopefully i'll be able to pinch dads 'cruiser ute for a few times and do some harder stuff :)

Hey mate, i will check whats on in the coming weeks & also see of roger is keen too.

Hi mate, here in Perth- Gidgegannup driving 08 D22. Was reading up on the Scangauge. Did you get yours working as am looking at fitting one to my STR.

Last edited:
Hi all from Ellenbrook

Finally got our D22, have now had it for 4 weeks.
Got the ARB Canopy fitted, GME TX3600 & Cruise Control. After 1 week of having the Nav, some little S*%t decided to smash the drivers window, as it turned out a few cars got hit that night, i was not happy. Anyway very happy with the Nav, heading down to Bremmer Bay for a bit of 4x4 driving and fishing in a weeks time. Happy New Year to all. Cheers Tony

sorry mate, you're living a bit far from me here in south perth XD

its pretty easy though...

just jack up the rear end so the weight is off the leaf springs/shackles and then you should be able to pull the shackles off and replace with new shackles. though once you take them out you'll have to jack it up a bit higher so you can get the extended ones in.

do it one at a time, and chuck some grease on the pins if they arent greasable shackles (dont have the lil grease nipple on the side)

Latest posts

Back