Proof that you can polish a turd.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you see all the things GW owners worldwide have done with their cars it's really not that surprising that someone here attached some plastic to theirs, although not always to that extreme there is plenty of Nav and Yota owners who have done very similar.

Attaching plastic to that car is precisely what should have been done, the owner just screwed up what KIND of plastic.

Someone write to the poor guy and tell him it's spelt "C4".

Sorry guys, couldn't hold it in.

I apologise but I was under the impression the RTA conducted annual roadworthy inspections on NSW? Am I wrong or is this not anything worthy??

Sorry guys, couldn't hold it in.

I apologise but I was under the impression the RTA conducted annual roadworthy inspections on NSW? Am I wrong or is this not anything worthy??

They do. But brake tests can sometimes be taking the machine out back and doing the test in the office. Seen it before. Dodgy as.

I got an 'official RTA' brake test on an 86 Corolla done in Seven Hills back in 2000 by having the mechanic drop the brake test unit on the bench. His comment was "as long as it doesn't get a perfect result they'll never query it."

Nothing dodgy about that :ha:

I also had the horned hooked up to a switch under the dash because I couldn't be stuffed fixing the steering wheel switch. Wired it straight through the switch to the battery and the wire fell off the battery on the trip over to the testing place. The guy held the wire on the battery, agreed the horn worked and ticked it off. Damn I'm glad that wasn't my car.

That industry needs too be cleaned up.

But nope, speeding tickets bring in more revenue.

**** the speeders, double the fines I say and triple the number of cameras and cops issuing them. But yeah that industry does need cleaning up. I think the idea behind yearly roadworthies is good but the practice leads to too much corruption and bullshit.

We obviously have dodgy roadworthy guys in Vic and we also have plenty of unroadworthy cars, but forcing people to get their cars roadworthied every 12 months has ensured that there is a bunch of corrupt testers willing to pass shit for an extra dollar because money talks and takes away the effectiveness of actually getting those checks done. it also just makes those doing it honestly feel ripped off.

A roadworthy car at 10km's above the speed limit is way safer then a car with dodgy brakes, shock absorbers that are rooted etc.

Every car on the road should be tested yearly. Despite age, I have seen some vehicles less then a year old is very poor condition.

Car's keep getting safer and safer. The current speed limits were designed for cars like the XR Falcon, EH Holden (4 wheel drum brakes, no brake booster, old school designed shock absorbers, old school suspension designs etc.)

Speed limit is a speed limit, the arguments that they were made for old cars or old roads is bullshit and I'm yet to see proof of such an argument.

If they want to make yearly roadworthies they should make them free. While I agree that there are some shitboxes on the road that should be removed yearly roadworthies will only be widely accepted if they remove the cost aspect and make it about safety and not about money.

If they make it free you'll see more false claims of stuff needing replacing.

Why, because the mechanics want to make some money.

There needs to be some incentive to look over the vehicles.

Remove licences from those who dont do the inspections properly.

As for the speed limit. Roads that use to be sign posted as 100km/h zone in the 90's are now often 80km/h zones.

Look at how far car's have come since the 1990's.

It's a catch 22, make it free and mechanics won't do the job but people wont feel ripped off. Make it a cost and mechanics will still rip off the system and people will feel ripped off. I maintain my car, I look after it, there might one day be a crack in the window which would make it unroadworthy but that doesn't mean I need it replaced or that the car is unsafe. Yearly roadworthies might have some place but the system can never be perfect therefore should be removed.

So speed limits should be raised because cars a better. What about driving standards and the ****wit percentile that can't drive safely at the current limit. Cars might be safer, roads might be better built but until ****wits can be trained better there is very little argument for higher speeds based on how good our roads might be.

Latest posts

Back