Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just be like me Dave and ignore the damn thing then it doesn't matter whether it's broken or not.

Well someone has kept very quiet......Seems one of our Mods is turning the big 40 this weekend. :cheers!::cheers!::cheers!:

Don't worry Jason, I won't tell em who it is........ :big_smile:

Long weekend here this weekend. YEOWWWW! Off down south past Albany today for a bit of fishing and camping. Couldn't get any better than that.:big_smile:

Couldn't get any better than that.:big_smile:

Yeah you could, you could have our reasonable cool and wet weather and have no fish :ha:

Although tomorrow is suppose to fine up for us which is good because I'm chasing an electric fence issue around 180 acres.

I'd be happy to swap with you but Albany is too close to my inlaws. The electric fence isn't a business as much as it keeps business in, without it our cows run away so it is one of those things that has to be fixed.

We currently have a short somewhere in the 12km of fencing and it could be anything from a stick causing the earth to a cow wrapping the live around the the earth, Two weeks ago it was a neighbours bail that rolled onto the fence and due to all the rain the soggy hay shorted out the fence. Pretty much all I'm doing tomorrow is walking the line with the tester and looking for where the current peaks over 1A and the volts drop under 3Kv

Should put LEDs around the perimeter that use a trigger voltage. Light out means the LED has blown, the voltage isn't high enough, or some turd has stolen it. Anyway, all you would have to do at night is sit out there with binoculars, or just ride around on a chook chaser.

That would work on flat property but we only have farms in mountain goat country and they'd need to be full blown beacons to see clearly and then they would keep the cows awake so it's a vicious circle.

It's not really that hard it's just a bit of walking, the tester gives you the direction of the error and you just follow and check the wires as you go for visible issues. When you get to a switch taking the switch out will prove if the error is further along or back towards the last switch.

Realistically walking the fences every few weeks or months is a good idea anyway the last thing you want is a perimeter fence failing on you, the last time that happened psycho bull got into the neighbours place and gave a few of his cows a seeing too which isn't a great way to keep neighbourly relations on the up an up.

Realistically walking the fences every few weeks or months is a good idea

Years ago we were bushwalking up the back of Widden Mtn and after descending from the clouds met the farmer on the way out. a comment was passed about his fences being down(the post were mostly upside down and heading off down the slope). "Yer, it been a while. i think it was before grandpappy died".

Must have gotten on well with the neighbours as each year they just gave each other back any visiting cattle.

good old wondering cows my dads mate had one cow that use to just walk where ever it wanted most of the time it was trying to get across the cattle grate that wasnt that good or it would be standing at the back or front door or by a window for when you looked out you shit your self

Sort of. Sometimes. Maybe. If you ask nicely :sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

My Gallagher is like that at least.

The old tester we had was a bit like that but the one we got last year for the other farm was half the price and twice as effective, at first we hated it but once we got used to it it is simply follow the amps to the problem. I followed the bugger for 6ks of lumpy up and down hills this arvo and traced it down to and error under ground which really sucks. We've got one stainless steel switch which has rusted and arcing (so much for stainless) and another underground run throwing out the amps. Looks like it's time to do some digging, thank christ the tractor has a bucket and I wont be using a shovel.

good old wondering cows my dads mate had one cow that use to just walk where ever it wanted most of the time it was trying to get across the cattle grate that wasnt that good or it would be standing at the back or front door or by a window for when you looked out you shit your self

Our psycho bull managed to scale most fences without breaking them which was good in some ways but bad in others. In the end he had an appointment with the butcher that he couldn't refuse, but as a parting gift he absolutely trashed the truck.

Latest posts

Back