trip for SE Qlders

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, I'm looking forward to this, I've no experience with 4x4-ing either and I cut my teeth on it over the weekend, got some pretty sweet stories to tell. Went up around mt beerwah and some forestry tracks out of landsborough; so much fun! Really looking forward to meeting some fellow navara drivers and having some fun.
Is there a vague itinerary for the day?

I don't know that any one in paticular is going to lead but from what I gather we are meeting at the Lions park at 9am ...

And hopefully it will all be ok with all this rain and crap thats being going on, with more expected next week. Someone said they close this particular track off if there has been too much rain?

would of been keen for this trip but unfortuantely am away next wkend! would be good to do a trip for the new year aswell anytakers? new to 4wd driving so would be good to be with experienced people!

I'd be keen for a run somewhere closer to Brisbane, preferably Nth Side, nothing too extreme - don't want to wreck my vehicle.

it would take a lot of rain to close this track. most of the crossings aren't really that deep and you would think even if it had heavy rain all week it will be fine. I don't think it needs a tour leader? we can just all meet, shake a few hands and hit the road when ready and as we are just doing the "dirty weekends" tour the directions are just a follow the directions. I think there a a couple of us with the book. gonna be fun. I have to fit new wheel bearings Saturday as my front left has quite a bit of movement in it (and after only 100K) then i'm ready to rock.

Last edited:
rain

Apparently Yangan-Killarney had another 60mm of rain yesterday, so i was told that at the moment there is 5 feet of water in the gorge and they consider 3 feet to be extreme to cross. Depends i guess on how much more rain they get this week with the forecasted rains. I'm gonna talk to him again later in the week to see if its dropped enough. Lot of black soil up there so would be very slippery and boggy too even if the river is still ok to cross.

He also told me that also closed are heffer ck rd (gatton to warwick), teivot ck closed (other rd up near killarney falls), and to ruin the week for all the travellers cunninghams gap is closed indefinately (due to big landslide and could be weeks before reopening!)

so not looking good at all

Yer two of my friends were up at the springs on Saturday . Got rained out came home early Sunday morning and told me that Cunninghams was closed soon after...

Long way home back through Toowoomba

Urgh, that's just stupid. I'm still keen for some kind of meetup, even if it's not a 4wd drive (unless another trip can be planned on such short notice - up round mt beerwah maybe?)

Well I'm thinking we can still meet up as Josh said, who cares if its raining a bit, check things out and might still be able to get a bit of driving in. I don't like canceling things, so I'd say we will still be there.

Heres a couple of webcams I found near Boonah, shows whether the sky looks angry or not, :big_smile:

BSCH - Kalbar (Boonah) Webcam

Welcome to the Boonah Gliding Club

We were up near Warwick and Stanthorpe last weekend and everything was extremely wet and all rivers/creeks were flooding so I doubt it will be much better before this weekend with the rain forecast. Luckily we got out just before Cunninghams Gap was closed!

I've been given some hope, should be ok unless they get another big fall. They haven't had any more rain last few days, and the water level lowers at a reasonable pace. Will call my mate tomorrow arvo to see what closures there are. Also i believe Cunninghams gap is letting traffic through too Urgent safety works Cunningham Highway, Cunninghams Gap (Department of Transport and Main Roads) . will find out exactly tomorrow, but i reckon we should be ok?

you can get free sms for road open/close at cunninghams gap http://www.cunninghamhighwaysms.com.au/

Last edited:
Hopefully Al. But they are saying rain will be back with a vengeance Fri-Sat-Sun, so we will see. I'll probably still head out anyway. Love driving in the country when it is raining.!

lets hope the rivers are back down to a suitably passable level, and not too full of logs and junk! i'm very keen for the drive. i was out driving around lake moogerah on wednesday night, everything is very green down that way. so it's going to be a very scenic run indeed, now if only the rain could hold off till we've had our fun.

I still plan on going at this stage, unless it pours down saturday/sunday, I think the river would fall pretty fast with no rain. It will be good if there is a couple of feet of water but I reckon it would flow prety fast and be too risky with anything above that.

Latest posts

Back