VNOG Deddick Trail and Snowy River area

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds spooky Matt, but I'm in! I managed to have a bit of a look at haunted stream track, 20 something river crossing!

I agree I'd like to look at deddick at a later date, maybe a long weekend, and that those who do attempt the staircase... pics please!

Actually it crosses the stream 54 times! Nothing super deep though (unless it rains for a few days beforehand anyway)!

Thanks Doc. I'll be following you from Tambo Crossing. I prefer to spend my time driving than recoveries.

Just a thought - it may be worth PMing your post to the list of confirmed and calling for a hands up of who is doing what.

54 times..........lucky your snorkel is sealed!

Well thats a bummer, if my locker is still going well im still keen to give the staircase a crack if theres a few of us, also belle got the day off so we will be heading out on friday

should be good the murding spur track is good and if it rains more then look out for some mud throughing very slippery track if u do not have good tyers were u stayin at tambo xing just make sure the hunted strime is open the river bankes can get washed away

Sorry guys i have to pull out of this one, work is becoming a big problem at the moment, have to work saturday night. (Rage Ultamate Rage...) Have fun, can't wait to see the pics.

Lol from my count its docp1980, onlock, scottybobcat, heata, ridgie, case84 and aido?

Ok, so here is the plan for Friday. Camping just below Tambo Crossing, at the end of Maindample Track. This is only a short track and comes off the Great Alpine Road. I have no idea what the condition of the track is like or how big the camping area at the end is, so it will be a play it by ear situation. I plan on leaving Melbourne around 10am on Fri, so I should be at the campsite just after 1:30pm. If it's no good then I will check out the others nearby and will leave info for everyone at the entrance to Maindample Track. What times are the rest of you getting underway on Fri?

Give me a time and place and ill meet up with you matty, im free to head out whenever

I'm picking Glen up at about 10 from Cockatoo and heading straight to Bairnsdale and stop there for an hour or so then go to the camp ground.Ring me when you get into Bairnsdale and we will meet up with you there

Sorry to hear you can't make it Gaz - the Rage must go on!

Heath & I are leaving Moe about 3.00pm, so we should arrive at Tambo Crossing about 5.30pm.

hay guys not tying to be an no it all in bdale but maindample tk is just a road down to a river the track is easy 2wd all the way in but there is not much room down in there for 7 or so ute thats all could get very squishy if any on wants to meet me in town or needs to no any thing my no is 0418567233

hay guys not tying to be an no it all in bdale but maindample tk is just a road down to a river the track is easy 2wd all the way in but there is not much room down in there for 7 or so ute thats all could get very squishy if any on wants to meet me in town or needs to no any thing my no is 0418567233

I will be stopping at McCrackins water supplies on the way in if you want to catch up mate.I'll drop in and see the father in law

What are the other campsites on the river like that are close to Maindample Track? Any bigger ones? How about at the end of Southern Track or Playgrounds Road?

Latest posts

Back