VNOG - forum meet up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woody i dont finish work till four.be on the road by 430

You wont get over here until closer to 6pm then from where i think U are ... i'll send you very good directions on how to get to where we will be at ...

Do you have a UHF in the car - or at the very least a handheld?
(this is for when you are very close to the camp ground)

Guys, looks like i may the first, or one of the first to be up there on the saturday - i will try to find a nice larger area than i can stake a claim too - and then i'll monitor the UHF whilst the rest of you folk are arriving. I might even have a small camp fire going if your lucky.

I'll monitor chan 17 for the friday afternoon - and then for those that want to go frolicking on 4x4 tracks on the saturday we can choose which ever channel we want ... but maybe keep chan 17 for the base camp at least ...

sound ok to you guys?

Last edited:
Cheers Woody.
I did nominate Ch 17 in a previous post ......but 12 is fine.
I've had some PM chat with Jimmy and suggested the map etc, but I'm sure he will welcome your directions..

I'll collate all the info from the posts and put up this Sunday - 5/12.

Great work lads.

Does anyone enjoy port after a few beers?

It didn't even occur to me to look up the Victorian section!

How do you reckon a stockie D22 will handle it? I'd be interested in heading up for just Saturday.

justAL - scottybobcat got it right. Access to the camp area is all 2WD and I'm sure the lads will find some good track that you will enjoy. But really it's about catching up, chewing the fat, a bit of banter and a beer or two, three etc (for those of us not driving home!)

All the details will be posted up on Sunday 5/12.

Looking forward to it Ridgie.
Unfortunately cant wheedle out of the "Do" on the Sat.
Will be there bright and early on Sun banging pots and pans to get you buggers to stir though!

Cheers Woody.
I did nominate Ch 17 in a previous post ......but 12 is fine.
I've had some PM chat with Jimmy and suggested the map etc, but I'm sure he will welcome your directions..

I'll collate all the info from the posts and put up this Sunday - 5/12.

Great work lads.

Does anyone enjoy port after a few beers?

My Humble apologies Ridgie - i'll go back and edit my post to read chan 17, and we will keep with that.

I hope to have some time up my sleep this evening, and will attempt to create a map in photo-shop with directions, and then post it here for people to download and print - so hopefully that will hapen THIS WEEKEND

And yes - having some dutch blood in me - i love port. i'll probably have a 4l cardboard cask of it with me, along with red wine, white wine and maybe a couple of left over beers if i can find any ...

Soaking the roast in port for a few hours before throwing on the spit give the meat a great flavour too. (makes it much sweeeter)

Thanks ScottieB and Ridgy.

I'll hop on down and probably bring my photographic gear. I always look forward to shooting the shit. :)

Just a quick report. I went up yesterday afternoon for a bit of a reccy trip to have a look at where to camp. It seems that Scout Camp track is probably the best area - at least it's only a short walk to a drop dunny.

I'll post up more later in the day - but I hzve to fly out the door ATM. Cheers guys.

Btw - found some nice gnarly tracks to get all of the navaras stuck - even the mighty D40's !!!!!!

That's not true, I've seen the puddle he drives through to get into the car park at work, the bloody thing is half an inch deep, real 4wd country!!

(That's a payback for you turning to the darkside last week Woody :eviltongue:)

No comment from me, I'm allowing myself one Woody dig a day until my quota is met.

Latest posts

Back