VNOG - forum meet up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The details.

:party:

Howdy Lads - I took the wife and one dog for another look today. Plenty of people around and it was quite warm.....a few horses along Scout Camp Road but they were all day trippers.

The location is Kurth Kiln Park, just North of Gembrok on C424 then via Beenak Road. WoodyD40 has kindly offered to put up detailed directions so if you are unsure keep an eye on this thread for his post.

Rooftop map: Yarra Valley - West Gippsland Adventure map.

The participants to date:

Scottybobcat - Friday - 2 nights
Navarian - Friday - 2 nights
WoodyD40 - Friday - 2 nights
Jimmy4 - Friday - 2 nights
08Kingcab - Friday - 2 nights
Heata - Sat morning - 1 night.
Ridgie - Sat morning 1 night - be there by 10.00am.
D21 dualcab - Sat day trip
justAL - Sat day trip
Aido - Sunday day trip - to cook breakfast for the Sat nighters!
arian01 - not sure.

If I have missed anyone, or someone wants to join in, please post up.

My recon trips suggests the Friday night lads find a spot along Scout Camp Road - and given 08Kingcab's recent info about the Friends of Kurth Kiln, and WoodyD40's recon, I think that will be best (Located past the kiln and on the left if you enter from Beenak Road). Be good if we could grab a spot out of sight of the semi-permanent junk yard that has started up at one camp sight -I couldn't believe the scrap metal and white goods that have piled up since my first visit a few weeks ago.

Access is easy and all 2WD.

Tune in to UHF 17.

BYO everything. The plan is for everyone to be self sufficient.

Navarian and I have discussed firewood and that should be covered by a collection in the reserve - we will both have chainsaws.

EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME. A great opportunity to put faces to names (and real names) and to discuss everything and anything that means nothing to some of us and everything to none of us.

Looking forward to catching up with you lot.

:cheers!::cheers!::cheers!:

Last edited:
:party:

Howdy Lads - I took the wife and one dog for another look today. Plenty of people around and it was quite warm.....a few horses along Scout Camp Road but they were all day trippers.

The location is Kurth Kiln Park, just North of Gembrok on C424 then via Beenak Road. WoodyD40 has kindly offered to put up detailed directions so if you are unsure keep an eye on this thread for his post.

Rooftop map: Yarra Valley - West Gippsland Adventure map.

My recon trips suggests the Friday night lads find a spot along Scout Camp Road - and given 08Kingcab's recent info about the Friends of Kurth Kiln, and WoodyD40's recon, I think that will be best (Located past the kiln and on the left if you enter from Beenak Road). Be good if we could grab a spot out of sight of the semi-permanent junk yard that has started up at one camp sight -I couldn't believe the scrap metal and white goods that have piled up since my first visit a few weeks ago.

Access is easy and all 2WD.

Tune in to UHF 17.

Ridgie ... Scout Camp Road tucked up around the corner, just past the Dunny is where i suggest we camp - so we are both on the 'right track' ... LOL

For those that are keen to do some off-road stuff, i'd like to take ya's down into BUNYIP STATE PARK where i went for a drive after SCOTTY abandoned me on saturday. Suggested departure time from camp site will be 9:30am on the satuday ... there will be an easy 2wd dirt road till we get to the 'good stuff'. As i posted yesterday morning, we found a real nice track that we got a non modified pajero stuck with all 4 wheel up off the ground - i had to gentle pull the paj backwards off the mound and retreat back up the track. SO I want to go through the hard part on Saturday. Be prepared that this one 50m section will require MOST vehicles to get some sort of recovery, because the mud is that bad. We can also find some tracks to do on the sunday if no-ones needs to leave early.

I will prepare the said PHOTOSHOPS maps tonight - i left my old laptop at the office on weekend, and could not do what i promised to do.

I hope to leave around that time.
I'm in Boronia so it's about a 40 minute drive tops.
The missus has to work so wont be joining us.
Looking forward t the weekend.

Hey woody,was that blue ridge(or range) track the paj got stuck on?

Hey woody,was that blue ridge(or range) track the paj got stuck on?

Navarian

went on Blue Range Road, then turned off (down) Little Bunyip Fireline. Thats were we got the Pajero stuck.

Finally have a map of the camp site area ...
KurthKilnMap.jpg

As for directions:
i just put intersection of Beenack Rd and Soldiers road into my IGO gps mapping, and let it take me directly to the main Kurth Kiln camp sites. Went up Soldiers road about 100m and turned off to the left (the signs are very small) onto Scout Camp Road. The first section is the flatest, and was full of day trippers with horse's and part way along looks like a permamant dweller as well.

at the end of this first almost straight section is an outhouse dunny - and i scouted the area up the hill from the dunny. This is where i'm likely to be found on the saturday.

I will set up my trailer as soon as i get there, and mark out a good place for our gathering around a FIRE PIT. As soon as some other cars arrive, i'll take off to find a stash of fire wood - so the earlier people arrive on the friday to help would be great.

Mobile reception in the area is non-existant, so make sure you have your UHF tunned into Chann 17, as per Ridgie's posts.

Looking forward to meeting you all there.

Cheers, Woody (aka David)

Last edited:
Weather forcast is looking OK at the moment, if you plan on going offroad I recommend gumboots. Bunyip has some of the stickest clay, and deepest bogs I've ever seen.

Yup, definately bring gum boots ... ALL of your recovery gear, that is if your gonna follow me off road, 'cause i have a tendancy to get D22's bogged delibrately ... just so i can pull 'em out ... i vote SCOTTY to test ALL bog holes out before anyone else tries to go through. (i found a really good one for you SCOTTY)

Also bring a good sense of humour, and be prepared to carry some fire wood back to camp site after a drive around - so we can have plenty of fire for some long nights of talking crap ...

ALSO
how many kids are coming ... ?
A big hit for the kids is to make damper on sticks and help them to cook their own food ... The big kids can also have a go at it as well.
My MRS will bring the ingrediants so we (especially the kids) can cook their own.

:ha:You know the tracks Woody so it may be your turn to take the lead this time and I can snatch you out or leave you there for a while.lol.Oh and I forgot the last trip you got snatched out be a maveric or was it a toyota when we came to the dead end track and bottomed out in the water hole.I didn't.:ha::fight:

:ha:You know the tracks Woody so it may be your turn to take the lead this time and I can snatch you out or leave you there for a while.lol.Oh and I forgot the last trip you got snatched out be a maveric or was it a toyota when we came to the dead end track and bottomed out in the water hole.I didn't.:ha::fight:

Not so sure about KNOWING the tracks ... i did a reccy trip for about 2 hours and was shown a couple of good tracks to test the articulation of our Navara's on - with a really nice boggy section. So i've shown some tracks to keep us amused for the Saturday at least. Suggest bringing picnic lunch's with for the saturday trip as we'll be gone from 9:30ish until about 3 to4pm.

Around the camp fire on Saturday night we can discuss/chin wag/dribble on, about what we'd like to do on Sunday. Some may like a sleep in, Some may like to go driving again. Personally - if i've already got the car dirty, might as well get some more dirt on it before i have to get back to the land of reality (meaning home and work). So i probably will not pack up my camp site until well after lunch on the sunday.

Then i'll plan to be home late enough so i dont have to do this on the Sunday :wash_truck:

ALSO
how many kids are coming ... ?

I should also have asked ... who else is brining their better halfs with them?

So far i know Scottybobcat and I are bringing our ladies ... anyone else ? Just need to know how much chocolate and white wine to bring so they will be happy whilst the rest of us blokes spin yarns and crap around the fire ...

I hope you're taking a rain coat and floaties :ha:

We spent 4 hours last night herding sheep into the sheds so they are dry to get their haircuts this weekend. So much for free booze and food Sat night I don't think we'll be finished hair cutting until dark.

My styling wand and premium dyes are going to really come in handy this weekend.

I hope you're taking a rain coat and floaties :ha:

Got a brand new dry as a bone for my birthday last month - and a good leather wide brim hat as well. Looks like it will get used for the first time this weekend.

The MRS bought it for me after taking pity on me when Scottybobcat and I both got drenched up at Toolangi last month. :rock:

well miss u krafty ... when we are all around the camp fire singing songs and talking BS and doing this ... :cheers!::cheers!:

Geez your missus is kind to you, what's she going to get me for my birthday :smile:

If I don't get the ok to go sheering this weekend about all I'll be able to do is drink and toast full beer glasses.

someone better take up gallons of 2 stroke to light the fire or you will all freezw your asses off...
stuff this shit rain,farmers can go and suck eggs...
its SUPPOSED to be hot in December..

Latest posts

Back