VNOG - Victorian Navara Owners Group

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we should all learn how to smooth concrete first, then progress onto oil changes from there.

Everyone meet at my house 7am Sat morning, I have a test patch of about 150m2 we can practice on.
:cheers!:

I think we should all learn how to smooth concrete first, then progress onto oil changes from there.

Everyone meet at my house 7am Sat morning, I have a test patch of about 150m2 we can practice on.

Have you done the drains yet?

After we have done your place Jase we should be exsperts, then we all need to head over to Ridgies and do his carport and driveway. Im still exstracting rocks from my back and knees. :sarcastic:

After we have done your place Jase we should be exsperts, then we all need to head over to Ridgies and do his carport and driveway. Im still exstracting rocks from my back and knees. :sarcastic:

Haha Gaz............yeah it did look a tad uncomfortable for you, but at least one of us got to keep clean, free of scratches and stones, and savour the crown lager! Next time your delivery & fitting service will come with a demand I go to your joint so you can use your hoist

:big_smile:

Last edited:
Bit of a show of hands.....
I know the regulars that are involved and I see a few sitting on the sidelines.
Can I just get a quick show of hands over the next 7 days as to who is either actively involved or just watching the shenanigans?
If you have been watching for a while and not yet got involved with an outing or event could you also please just give me some indication as to why? Work / Family commitments will be high on the list I know, but please also let me know if you think we are just a bunch of wankers or if your a little shy to get involved with the already established group.
Cheers fellas I just need a head count.

Adrian

P.S. I will reiterate that I am not steering this ship just providing the impetus to keep everyone rowing. Its your group, so tell me / us what you would like to see happen from here in terms of moving it forward.

Aido,

Can you add Garry (Nizzbits.com.au) to our choice of vendors.

Did me a top price on a tow bar, and delivered the same day.

Onya champ!

Aido - my comment for what it's worth.

The VNOGroup has grown in numbers from when I joined up, and from what I can gather the majority who have come along on trips have stuck around and continued to be part of the Group - whether by coming on trips or contributing on the forum (which is what this is - an internet forum and the trips are an offshoot of that).

For me the best thing I ever did was break the ice and go on that first trip with Aido and Leprechaun. (despite being extremely hung over). What was also good about that is my wife came and realised this wasn't a group of idiots tearing up the bush, so she encourages me to go bush with the lads and knows I'll get home safe.

This Group in the main, is a Group of blokes who like to talk about 4WD stuff and our Nav's. The Group organises 4WD trips and those who can come do. As we have evolved more people have jumped on and unfortunately the nature of a 4WD trip is that it can't take everyone who wants to come along so we cap the numbers.

:idea: If we are looking to do something to encourage more people to get involved with the planned trips perhaps we could try this - Two of the regulars team up and organise a day trip and encourage others to tag along, thereby ensuring there are spots for 'new travellers' to join in.
Follow that up with an overnighter. I'm prepared to kick that off and I have trip in mind.

As for wankers......well if people think that they may very well be right!!! :sarcastic:

Anyway - great bunch of blokes, having a great time and not taking anything too seriously, so perhaps we need not to try too hard and just let things happen.

Love you all!

Darren. :cheers!:

Last edited:
I'll be in, maybe not as often as i would like due to family, but im looking at getting out.

Look forward to having another on board. As said by Ridgie a great group of people...can only get better with more adding to the mix.
Cheers mate

Aido - my comment for what it's worth.

The VNOGroup has grown in numbers from when I joined up, and from what I can gather the majority who have come along on trips have stuck around and continued to be part of the Group - whether by coming on trips or contributing on the forum (which is what this is - an internet forum and the trips are an offshoot of that).

For me the best thing I ever did was break the ice and go on that first trip with Aido and Leprechaun. (despite being extremely hung over). What was also good about that is my wife came and realised this wasn't a group of idiots tearing up the bush, so she encourages me to go bush with the lads and knows I'll get home safe.

This Group in the main, is a Group of blokes who like to talk about 4WD stuff and our Nav's. The Group organises 4WD trips and those who can come do. As we have evolved more people have jumped on and unfortunately the nature of a 4WD trip is that it can't take everyone who wants to come along so we cap the numbers.

:idea: If we are looking to do something to encourage more people to get involved with the planned trips perhaps we could try this - Two of the regulars team up and organise a day trip and encourage others to tag along, thereby ensuring there are spots for 'new travellers' to join in.
Follow that up with an overnighter. I'm prepared to kick that off and I have trip in mind.

As for wankers......well if people think that they may very well be right!!! :sarcastic:

Anyway - great bunch of blokes, having a great time and not taking anything too seriously, so perhaps we need not to try too hard and just let things happen.

Love you all!

Darren. :cheers!:

Well said Daz
More so what I'm also looking for.....Step up and take control.ITS YOUR GROUP TAKE IT TO WHERE YOU WANT TO SEE IT GO!

Now bugger off for an hour or so ---- Axemen is on and you lot know where my priorities lie! :sarcastic:

I s'pose I'm a VNOG regular. I'd say if you are sitting on the sidelines watching, get out and get involved. Diverse group of people who make all welcome. For me its mostly about the camping and the amazing Nat parks and countryside we have. The high plains trip was about as good as it gets for me. I look forward to doing more camping trips with the VNOGers, and have no doubt that the group will continue to grow.

been watching from the sidelines for a bit, work and family restrict me from actually coming out thus far and when i can get out it's usually a days notice with a few guys from work.

I'm the first to admit that i'm shy as they come and basically don't talk if i don't need to which some people find strange cause i can sit there in a big group discussion and not say anything for hours.

Funniest thing was i actually drove past fellow VNOGers on the gold panning expedition and didn't have they nuts to stop and say hey just wow cool haha

Mate of mine wants me to go to the nissan 4x4 meeting on the 6th of april might be interesting

Funniest thing was i actually drove past fellow VNOGers on the gold panning expedition and didn't have they nuts to stop and say hey just wow cool haha

Err yeah that was me......
But if I ever come across a bearded Ranga with a stupid grin on its face thats happy to see me in the middle of the forest I'd be a bit hesitant too :sarcastic::sarcastic:

been watching from the sidelines for a bit, work and family restrict me from actually coming out thus far and when i can get out it's usually a days notice with a few guys from work.

I'm the first to admit that i'm shy as they come and basically don't talk if i don't need to which some people find strange cause i can sit there in a big group discussion and not say anything for hours.

Mate of mine wants me to go to the nissan 4x4 meeting on the 6th of april might be interesting

Dont be silly mate we dont bite(hard)and you will have no choice but to talk and laugh your arse off around the fire

Guys I happen to own a Navara AND I love in Vic
and im keen to go out and use the thing!!!!! Low range is my trucks second name

Im not on the forum thing all the time maybe an invite through a email log or private message on here would be easier to quickly see when cruises (is that the right word?!?) are planned to happen and to quickly adhere attendance rates so if theres dropouts others can fill in.

either way im in!!!!!

Latest posts

Back