VNOG - Victorian Navara Owners Group

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I happen to own a Navara AND I love in Vic
and im keen to go out and use the thing!!!!! Low range is my trucks second name

Im not on the forum thing all the time maybe an invite through a email log or private message on here would be easier to quickly see when cruises (is that the right word?!?) are planned to happen and to quickly adhere attendance rates so if theres dropouts others can fill in.

either way im in!!!!!

Keep an eye on the blog .....the address below in mine and a few others signatures. It is all about whats coming up.

G'day lads. Just sticking my hand up. I am keen to get involved but unfortunately am pretty lacking for spare time most of the time. Next week, for example, I am in Shepparton on Tuesday, then Mildura Thursday and Friday. The following week in Sydney for a couple of days. Melbourne tomorrow. So when this stuff is going on, I like to spend a bit of time at home on weekends. Once footy starts, Saturdays will be mostly out for me coz I umpire a couple of games each week.

Having said all that, myself and my (coming up 14 year old) son are car people, so will enjoy most of the things going on if we can get to them. Pretty sure my wife and daughter won't be coming: they're strictly 5 star princesses!

I have a look at this site most days, so will know what's coming up.

G'day lads. Just sticking my hand up. I am keen to get involved but unfortunately am pretty lacking for spare time most of the time. Next week, for example, I am in Shepparton on Tuesday, then Mildura Thursday and Friday. The following week in Sydney for a couple of days. Melbourne tomorrow. So when this stuff is going on, I like to spend a bit of time at home on weekends. Once footy starts, Saturdays will be mostly out for me coz I umpire a couple of games each week.

Having said all that, myself and my (coming up 14 year old) son are car people, so will enjoy most of the things going on if we can get to them. Pretty sure my wife and daughter won't be coming: they're strictly 5 star princesses!

I have a look at this site most days, so will know what's coming up.

Just join the group anyway mate and make the trips that you can

Just to give it a push.
Some of you see me as "the Claw"
toy_story_aliens-1412.jpg

But I am not "The Mesiah"
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjz16xjeBAA[/YT]

Whilst I'm pushing my own barrow here I want to thank everyone for getting involved and making VNOG a really great group of people and I expect to see that continue.
To that end there needs to be someone to lead on from here.
I need to step aside and let the group organise themselves. Unfortunately I dont have time to continue.
I have asked for help with the blog so for anyone that is even part way familiar with the internets then assistance is required in updating the blog.
Leadership should come from those that have become entrenched over the last 12 months and continued planning of group events should continue. If anyone wants to step up as "Pres" then stick your hand up and let the mob decide. If no one person wants to fill the role I have been in then it will be anarchy rule and it may well fall into disarray.
Time to get organised and a little official with delegation.....maybe.
I'm leaving it to you lot now to continue.

Thanks
Adrian

dont know whether id be willing to take over comletely but i could do some blogging of the trips i go on and start organising some aswell. i think maybe a few of us with user names and passwords would be the way to go aido, thats how we did it on a lifestyle blog i was apart of for a few years

Hopefully this post will be read in the positive light it is intended.
If people see value in the blog and want to spend time on it, and will enjoy doing so, great.
I am, and have been, happy to post, organise and attend trips through this site.
If people feel we need a formal structure with a Pres, I have no issue with that, and will still enjoy being a VNOGer
I guess I just see the structure as, blokes dream up with trips/events they want to do, they post those trips, and if others want to go, they go. KISS principle.

If all of this becomes 'work' then that would be a shame.
But thats just my thoughts and I'm a few beers in.

i completly see where your coming from heath, nobody wants to turn something enjoyable into work that you end up regretting, and i can honestly see if its become like that for aido since its pretty much all been on him especially when people tend to think he is the man to work out everything and put his hand up for things, thats why i thought that a few of the frequent people that go out on the vnog trips could get together and share the weight and create less pressure on one single person

Heata, Kyle & Scotty - I think we are on the same page.

I support VNOG as being a social group and is self managed.

I am happy to support anyone who wishes to take a 'lead roll' and continue to update the blog etc.

I have always appreciated Aido's role in setting up the group and getting the ball rolling, and his endeavours to keep people involved. VNOG is a great place to meet like minded blokes and learn about our Nav's - and get jobs done! Fantastic. Thanks Aido.

For me it's not about a trip or event every weekend/fortnight etc. Someone organises a trip and if they feel inclined to invite others then post it up and away we go. This is working well and a number of the VNOG blokes have been doing just that. We should not commit to anything we can't sustain so let's keep it business as usual.

Looking forward to the next trip.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back