Who's coming to the Muster at Janowen 18-20 Oct

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the road works first hand on Saturday 21st Sept... they will still be on during the Muster.

Condi River Road is now a 4x4 ONLY road. The two floods have really done a number on it.
There was no road works underway to repair any of it. Plenty of larger loose rocks on the drive path and exposed ogglies to navigate the sump around

Water flow was low= less than 1 foot deep at all crossings.

great news about 4wd only, no need to dodge the commodores and falcons
bit more water flow would be nice

Do we have an idea of numbers yet?? i know its still early but im seeing a few confirmations on here thought maybe someone could post some numbers somewhere and add/subtract from it as times goes on.

Do we have an idea of numbers yet?? i know its still early but im seeing a few confirmations on here thought maybe someone could post some numbers somewhere and add/subtract from it as times goes on.

i believe we have about 30 cars coming
great turnout

i believe we have about 30 cars coming
great turnout

Thats brilliant!!! that would make for an awesome few days.

I read somewhere that part of the costing is for insurance, whats the insurance cover?? public liability or someting else??, i was talking to Shannons the other day and they are quite good with their cover, but the example he used of what may not be covered was "Landcruise 4x4 park in QLD" (i think thats the name), guessing i should be extra vigilent.

Thats brilliant!!! that would make for an awesome few days.

I read somewhere that part of the costing is for insurance, whats the insurance cover?? public liability or someting else??, i was talking to Shannons the other day and they are quite good with their cover, but the example he used of what may not be covered was "Landcruise 4x4 park in QLD" (i think thats the name), guessing i should be extra vigilent.

as far as insurance goes for the muster i believe its liability insurance
old tony will verify

with your car insurance it can be a grey area
if you are "competing in an event" you are generally not covered
but according to shannons(my insurer) as long as the car is being operated in a legal manner (ie your not pissed and the car is rego'd) and been used for its intended purposes you are covered
i asked this question and informed them i would be driving to cape york with several river crossings they assured me i would be covered for any "accident" within reason
this includes water in engine again "within reason"
so if you are doing the right thing and not obviously using the car above its limits you should be ok
i was also assured "bad fuel" would be deemed an accident as you didnt intentionally use bad fuel

Last edited:
Cheers for clearing that up for me Sparra, i`m about to insure the ute with Shannon`s i find them good, iv had insurance with them in the past and find them great to deal with. In saying that iv had no claims with them either.

Only two weeks left to go

Lj

I know and time for my preparations is slipping away.

Doing a road trip to Sydney for the NRL GF this weekend so that gonna take a huge chunk out of my to do list.

might have to bring the stuff with me and have a "how to" day at the muster :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just removed the high lift and maxtrax doubt we need it just a thought it's going to be very dusty may pay to have a look at the air filter prior to going traveling in a convoy can be very dusty qld is very dry as we speak.
John

I know and time for my preparations is slipping away.

Doing a road trip to Sydney for the NRL GF this weekend so that gonna take a huge chunk out of my to do list.

might have to bring the stuff with me and have a "how to" day at the muster :)

so will you be supplying refreshments at your how to lessons??
the brain needs to be hydrated:cheers:

ps jasond40
sorry for editing your original post,still learning this moderators role

Last edited:
ha ha Ian your off to a good start have always thought your attitude was up there congrats on the new role hope tony can wind back a bit lol
John.

ha ha Ian your off to a good start have always thought your attitude was up there congrats on the new role hope tony can wind back a bit lol
John.

thanks john
i was stoked to be accepted to help out
we have a great community here
old tony will need to give me some lessons
and yes it will take some workload off of tony
he does heaps behind the scenes to keep this forum running smoothly
as do the other mods and admins
cheers

Last edited:
congrats Sparra on the new position within the forum!!
Im positive you will be a big positive for the forum and its members.

Soooo 6 days to go, just wondering if I need to bring fire wood? I don't have a chain saw to scavange own wood FML

Look forward to meet you all, Ill be there mid afternoon on saturday. Will i just keep an eye out for a group on nav's?

Back