How many of us have boats or like fishing?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you own a boat?

• Yes a tinny

Votes: 70 29.2%
  • yes a bigger one

Votes: 83 34.6%
  • no but I would like one

Votes: 63 26.3%
  • No way never again

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Dont need one for the fishing I do

Votes: 19 7.9%

• Total voters
I dont need a boat, coz most of my friends have boats.
I also manage a tackle store, so easy to meet people with boats.

G,day All

I have an Allycraft 395 Shadow V nosed punt. Yammy 25, 4 stroke. Etc.

Perfect for chasing flathead, bream in rivers etc. It’s had a couple of trips to NT Gulf country chasing barra etc. Check my garage, it’s often behind my Navara.

Goldy

I have a Seafarer Vermont with a 250 E-tec.. Love it.. Great day boat, and a solid offshore fishing machine.. Goes fast too, thats important.
77ad210b.jpg

Adayfishing005.jpg

AustraliaDayatCurragie048.jpg

024.jpg

Its a Seafarer Vermont 5.9m, with a 250 Evinrude...

Cruises at 32mph getting 1.7km to a liter.. Top speed as is, 56mph.. With the antifoul and 50mt chain and 50mt rope, and a massive Stainless anchor it slows down a lot... I also have 2 massive batteries, 20 lt water, spare Anchor and chain and a shite load off other stuff in the boat with adds to it weight.. Im am removing the anti foul soon, as its in bad shape and Im going to take it for a run with a heap off access weight removed.. I hope to get over 60mph and an economy around 1.9km to a ltr...

Here are a few pic off the fish I have caught recently..
491bef3e.jpg

FishingTrip003.jpg

Going Nuts
026-1.jpg

Last edited:
Theres some bloody nice boats in here, I got myself a quinny 620 offshore a few months ago powered by a lovely 150hp etec which is now a paper weight :( Nearly 3 months later though I'm hoping to pick it up all fixed and ready to go sometime this week.

First day out in it it played up just after leaving the ramp and then stalled, The boat had twin tanks, I switched the tanks over only to discover the second tank had a about 10 litres of water in it, It damaged a couple of injectors and for some reason th TPS sensor wasnt reading right.

Got the injectors and TPS from the states, Cheapest quote in OZ was 900 each injector and nearly 200 for the TPS, got the injectors from boats.net in the states for less than 300 each and 60 bucks for the TPS, whats with the local mark up??

Mmmmmm just had a phone call for it.... needs a new fuel pump now.... on and on and on..... I'm just about ready to burn it!

2007 model with 280 hours. Yeah most of the local evinrude dealers said they wouldnt fit them if I got them from the states but a friend of a friend owns ipswich marine and he is sorting it all for me. I have also got the computer software and instructions to make the cable with part numbers so you can use the diagnostic software for fault finding, let me know if you want the links and I'll try dig them up or email them to you.

2007 model with 280 hours. Yeah most of the local evinrude dealers said they wouldnt fit them if I got them from the states but a friend of a friend owns ipswich marine and he is sorting it all for me. I have also got the computer software and instructions to make the cable with part numbers so you can use the diagnostic software for fault finding, let me know if you want the links and I'll try dig them up or email them to you.

That sucks when you know how much difference in price there is. They are bloody hi tech things to be mucking around with in the backyard too. Mines got over 1300 hours on it now. It's done a bit if work but still pushes my boat along at 80km/h!

Just finished tricking up my new 3.6m blue fin tinny, flat floor, carpet, sounder, heaps of rod holders, swivel seats etc. I have a 15hp American mercury and a Real Ezy collapsable trailer all brand new, I'll be cartopping it too. Maiden voyage is planned for tomorrow..

well the maiden voyage went really well, didn't catch any fish, but didn't really try too hard, put about half a tank of fuel through it so the run in process is underway, conditions were perfect, in fact might go back out tomorrow arvo for more..

First day out in it it played up just after leaving the ramp and then stalled, The boat had twin tanks, I switched the tanks over only to discover the second tank had a about 10 litres of water in it, It damaged a couple of injectors and for some reason th TPS sensor wasnt reading right.

Got the injectors and TPS from the states, Cheapest quote in OZ was 900 each injector and nearly 200 for the TPS, got the injectors from boats.net in the states for less than 300 each and 60 bucks for the TPS, whats with the local mark up??

Mmmmmm just had a phone call for it.... needs a new fuel pump now.... on and on and on..... I'm just about ready to burn it!

All that work should be covered by your boat insurance..

Where are you located, E-tec injectors cost about $300 each now, plus 1hr labour.. If 2 injectors still only 1hr labour...
Yes water will destroy the fuel pump, and the injectors don't like water either.. However if you had a Yamaha, a situation like yours will cost you close to $4500, as all injectors, fuel rails and high pressure fuel pump would need replacing, and their injector as close to the same price as E-tec and there fuel rails rust internaly when subjected to water, and the high pressure pump is mega expensive...

Before you operate your boat again, I hope you install a racor filter with a clear inspection bowl.. These are about the best defense you can get to protect your motor from water in fuel.. But there must be checked often to ensure water does not make it to your motor...

All modern motors suffer from water in fuel, so be vigilant on keeping your fuel in good condition and water free.

I fish fresh water alot and salt water every few weeks with out fail, all year round.

I dont have a boat at the moment, i have a second car instead that when gone will be replaced with serious estuary/ freshwater fishing boat.

I fish with lots of friends who all have boats.

What i like about fishing on different boats is its always different. some pepole chase jew fish others flick lures for flathead, cube for snapper outside then i fish with others for Bass and cod.

I Love being versitile with my fishing and lets me do so many different styles.

I also enjoy launching off the bank with my Navara in the middle of the outback and working the timber chasing different native species.

Latest posts

Back