Nissan to enter V8SC in 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah good ad, be interesting to see what Nissan come up with especially after the comment about it 'running like a nissan'.

That Joshua guy that writes for carguide really does need to learn the difference between fact and personal opinion, that article is not as bad as some of his previous shit but most of his stuff is a load of garbage.

HOLDEN 1,2 & 3
at the Clipsal 500....

I didnt get a chance to watch...so am I missing something?????

wasnt there supposed to be total nissan supremacy???:rofl2:

As much as I think Rick Kelly is a deadshit I did feel a little sorry for Todd being taken out the way he was. Jason Bright is as on a par with Rick when it comes to deadshits. Mind you the front mod after the hit did make it look interesting.

HOLDEN 1,2 & 3
at the Clipsal 500....

I didnt get a chance to watch...so am I missing something?????

wasnt there supposed to be total nissan supremacy???:rofl2:

No, pretty much same old same old !!
But, how good did those Merc's sound?

Rick Kelly led the race at one stage. Nissan ought to be celebrating that!

Atleast erebus are being realistic in saying that they don't expect to win or even be competing at the top for a while. They are in it for the long haul (which we've heard from other team owners that failed) and they are out there now to learn.

If Nissan or the Kelly team more appropriately, were a little more honest from the onest and didn't go on about how good they'd be from the start they might have got a bit more respect but they shot themselves in the foot.

With atleast 1 piece of 888 engineering in every car on the grid and 888 engineering building 8 cars on the grid it's not overly surprising they were dominant in the first race of the year (1, 2 and 3 were 888 built) will be interesting too see how that changes as others begin to get used to their cars and find tweaks and changes that the rules allow them to make.

Yes but, but excuses excuses....it was written nissan domination.:yeahright:

on the otherhand, the Mercs look smicko....and that nissan vid Krafty posted above is impressive.

Yes but, but excuses excuses....it was written nissan domination.:yeahright:

Kelly Co had to have something to hold on to, something that gave them enough hope to get up in the morning.

Besides they were so dominant in the Commodore who'd have thought they wouldn't take the success to Nissan immediately :sarcastic:

Van Gisbergen drove like a man who has everything working for him.

The mercs did sound hot.

Funny hearing a Nissan sound like a real car too.

SVG would have driven like that yesterday too but the car failed him, would have provided Lowndsey with a race too by the look of it.

Erebus might have taken the last 3 spots yesterday but all three cars finish Nissan can't say that. (not sure how they faired today)

I think 3 Nissans finished and at least 2 mercs failed with ecu probs

Saw qually and the last ten laps today. The so called car of the future still doesn't do a lot for me. They certainly carry more speed thru the corners. Looks like they have moved more in the direction of DTM spec cars. I understand the 2 brand model had to change and still have some appeal to the bogun factor. However the funny thing is the V8 Falcon is dead and the V8 Commodore wont be far behind it. And a V8 RWD Altima, that is a strange concoction. The Merc did sound sweet tho.
I believe if they want to have more broader appeal perhaps somthing like the BTCC would be the go. After all the Mazda 3 and Toyota Corolla are the biggest selling cars in Australia.
They commentators here carry on about the occaisional touch up and bit of curb hopping but watch BTCC, that is absolutley de rigueur. The competition is way more fierce.

Just reading the CAMS reports and Dipshit Bight looses 15 points for the incident at turn 14 which resulted in the Nissan being modified. A little surprised Courtney hasn't been stung for that rear end shunt on the young guy in the last 10 laps too, although maybe the stewards haven't finished.

Yes, I felt it was still pretty boring.

I like watching and really have no favourite, probably Ford if I must have, but the biggest thing that disappointed me was how 4 different cars can look so identical. I was always looking for the badge on the front grille to tell what car was what.

Yes, the BTCC is much better in my opinion, unless you're a one eyed type follower. At least the shape of the cars is different.

I thought the new Holden was a Camry (even though I know they're not racing) coz of the tailights, the Nissan looked like a Commodore, the Ford looked like a Holden and the Merc just looked like a Holden/Ford thing.

Plus a single manufacturer being dominant makes it quite boring IMO.

The GT champs I think it is, is more interesting because the cars are different.

I too have difficulty telling the difference. Blame parody for that.

I too have difficulty telling the difference.

Want some glasses?

I don't have any major trouble spotting each car because they have different paint jobs and numbers. :ha:

Are we blaming parody or parity? Some of the drivers are a bit of a joke but I'm still not sure the parody makes the cars look the same.

Latest posts

Back