November 9 day trip yalwal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mate - my standard D22 did most of the tracks that mod rigs done - there are chicken tracks along side of the main tracks - were not going to be stupid and put someone's rig on risk.

If you are 100% ill put your name down

let me know when you 100% and ill put your name down and your mate

Can't make this one, but keen to play and learn on the next!

Whats the travel time from Sydney to Nowra?? i`m think that i maybe feeling a little sick but wont be sure for at least 8 more days ;). was contemplating hitting Newnes or Gardens but it may just be the same distance away from where i am in Parra.

depends on wich way you go mate,

I go down through Kangaroo valley and from Mittagong it only takes me an hr.
so for you to get to there would be another hour i would say. M7 onto M5 and keep going to mittagong exit.

Google maps puts it a 3.11-ish to Yalwal and 2.30 and a bit to Gardens both origins are Parramatta, so what to do?, what to do? what to do?

If you want to come i will meet you at the mittagong turn off and you can take a run down through the valley with me and we can meet up with Raff and Wokss.
Its a great area mate and you wont be disappointed, some seriously awesome 4x4ing

Hey guy's im pretty keen to tag along, only been off road once since i got the d40 and its still pretty stock just some tyres on it so far will it be ok, i'd love to learn a bit from you guy's if i could.
Just gotta check with my wife, we have a new baby so ill have to get a full day leave pass.

Cheers Gav

Ok nath ill check with Pete (dude at the muster in the new black Nav D22) and get back to you, i do have a clicky CV on the drivers side but im sure it will be ok for one more drive. What time do you think?
Rastas that a big pass out your asking for!!! good luck!!
Cheers Steve

Hey guy's im pretty keen to tag along, only been off road once since i got the d40 and its still pretty stock just some tyres on it so far will it be ok, i'd love to learn a bit from you guy's if i could.
Just gotta check with my wife, we have a new baby so ill have to get a full day leave pass.

Cheers Gav

Yeah mate im not 100% on which tracks Wokss will take us on, BUT there are chicken tracks everywhere on most of the harder trails.
does you 40 have bashplates? bullbar? lift?

Ok nath ill check with Pete (dude at the muster in the new black Nav D22) and get back to you, i do have a clicky CV on the drivers side but im sure it will be ok for one more drive. What time do you think?
Rastas that a big pass out your asking for!!! good luck!!
Cheers Steve

Steve i would prob think i would need to meet you about 7- 7:30am to get us down to the south nowra maccas for the 8;30- 9am meet up.

Yeah mate im not 100% on which tracks Wokss will take us on, BUT there are chicken tracks everywhere on most of the harder trails.

Nah mate the only mod's i've done are tyres, dick cipek fc11 265/70 r17 and canopy and draws.

Ok Nath thats no problems, im usually up at 3am for work anyaways. Cough Cough Cough

Nah mate the only mod's i've done are tyres, dick cipek fc11 265/70 r17 and canopy and draws.

mmm well in that case we might be best to see what Raff thinks as he will have an idea of which tracks wokss will take. Personally i think you will be ok to tag along and just take a few of the chicken tracks when it gets a bit tough, BUT if we do go on "monkey gum" you will have to turn back, i wouldn't go on that trail in a D40 with out a lift and bash plates.

mmm well in that case we might be best to see what Raff thinks as he will have an idea of which tracks wokss will take. Personally i think you will be ok to tag along and just take a few of the chicken tracks when it gets a bit tough, BUT if we do go on "monkey gum" you will have to turn back, i wouldn't go on that trail in a D40 with out a lift and bash plates.

No monkey gum - we just checked another trip report and ruts is no go - wok will not put trucks in trouble I can assure you that - we probably entering as per normal yerrigong down the creek, then deans gap, wombats, mint bush and left to the rock gardens. Also will hit the powerlines and twin rivers.

As Nath said a lot of chicken tracks around and if we get 10 rigs I am sure the the above tracks will be enough for the whole day.

So far we have 6 confirmed

Just let me know if you guys coming and ill update the list

I'm so bloody tempted to go. I just know what I'm like on Saturday mornings and a 5am departure most likely will let me down

yeah mate i'm in. Got the leave pass, i better get my brownie points up this weekend.
But just so you know i'm pretty new to 4x4.

Latest posts

Back