Toowoomba Floods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Storage king has just put out an offer for those who live in Brisbane affected by floods for free storage, they have trucks and trailers available to help evacuate just call 1800storage. Paste this on your page let's get the word around guys :):)

Does anybody know if Willobank raceway is underwater..was/is???

Na Willowbank aint under water ... You just cant get there unless you have a boat....

I'm thinking of having an outboard fitted like topgear .. :)

what do you base that on?

these were posted on another forum im on at 9pm yesterday... first two from QR and 3rd one from Lakeside.

qr_pit.jpg

qr_back_straight.jpg

lakeside.jpg

one thing i've noticed about these floods, so many people are answering others questions without actually knowing shit all. seriously, if you really don't know, don't tell others bullshit.

Oh well, spose then they could do some 1/4 mile jet boat drags.

LOL, don't go making to many jokes, apparently having a sense of humour during adversity is a bad thing bordering on unaustralian.

Having come from WA which is the land of sand. The soil in WA doesn't retain water, it soaks away fairly quickly (by comparison, i'm sure some lounge chair soil expert with rebut my claims).

I am amazed at the water retention of the red dirt soil over here. My yards are both bogs. The bloke next door mowed his lawn this morning during a break in the weather and now he has red marks streaking up and down his lawn like zebra stipes due to the mower sinking in the mud/lawn. those thing weigh nothing and it was sinking.

No wonder the water just flows across the top, soil can't hold anymore.

Heard yesterday from the BOM guy on TV that SE QLD has had experienced Victorias annual rainfall in a matter of days/weeks. thats over 800mm.

LOL, don't go making to many jokes, apparently having a sense of humour during adversity is a bad thing bordering on unaustralian.

Heard yesterday from the BOM guy on TV that SE QLD has had experienced Victorias annual rainfall in a matter of days/weeks. thats over 800mm.

1/ but i eat plenty of lamb....I just know it makes sense..

2/ despite popular northern belief us vics only get a little rain in comparison to NSW coast and Qld.
and speaking of QLD you'll need to change that logo "perfect one day....
spose better not go there yet.
I know, I know:suicide2: there happy.

Storage king has just put out an offer for those who live in Brisbane affected by floods for free storage, they have trucks and trailers available to help evacuate just call 1800storage. Paste this on your page let's get the word around guys :):)

and Centerlink is comming to the party with relief payments for people with lost homes or displaced home owners
like they did on Feb 7.

yes, 13 million given out so far.

I just think it is funny the knobs on facebook (majority i have seen with it are in WA, not a dig at WA before i get in trouble for that aswell, more a representation of my facebook account being ex-pat WA) posting about how Bligh and Gillard only gave a 'lazy 1 million' to help flood victims. They are to stupid to realise that that money was to kick start a charity fund just like in bushfires. There is still billions in disaster relief funds to pay for infrastructure and centerlnk payments. The "donated money was/is for the victims not the infrastructure rebuild. I believe it is around about $35.8 million. Nice work Australia...

The ironic part is that as of yesterday evening every state except WA had kicked in a 'lazy million' to help said charity fund, even the territories kicked in 500k.

Biscuits having a dig at WA is ok because only a few are under either bushfire conditions or possibly cyclone watch, also being an Ex-pat you get first dig because you had the common sense to move away.

*Waves hello to loving family and friends in WA*

You're exactly right about the water retention though, we obviously haven't got it as bad as QLD have now but even the land down here doesn't soak up the water and mass water into our rivers would do exactly the same. In the 25 years I've lived here I've seen about 6 floods where the towns were cut off and it's easy to see it's gradually getting worse each time we have flooding rain. The rain fall might have increased a bit but the land just can't hold it and as more people move into areas there is more problems with each flood.

what do you base that on?
these were posted on another forum im on at 9pm yesterday... first two from QR and 3rd one from Lakeside.

qr_pit.jpg

qr_back_straight.jpg

lakeside.jpg

one thing i've noticed about these floods, so many people are answering others questions without actually knowing shit all. seriously, if you really don't know, don't tell others bullshit.

Yes thats a good statement maybe you should do it your self
I base my statement on the fact that I had just driven past it as I live 15kms from there. And was correct at the time ..

Good to see that someone in brizzie has a sense of humour in times of adversity,

snorkel & goggles put on Wally Lewis' statue

:big_smile::big_smile::cheers!:

As I am typically a pretty strong critic of the Bligh government, I've got to say I am very impressed at the way she herself has handled this, and on a broader scale, the emergency services, Campbell Newman and the BCC, and QLD government crisis planning leaders and personnel have done a fantastic job, I don't think this situation could have been handled any better than it has been. I have never been more proud to be a Queenslander than I am at the moment, seeing eveybody helping out complete strangers and sticking together. Situations like these bring the best out in (most) people and I am sure that Brisbane and all of the flood affected towns will rebuild better than ever, both in the bricks and mortar sense, and the sense of community spirit within.

These situations are a true test of one's character, and I find it interesting observing the way that everyone copes. Most people stay calm, toughen up, get the job done and come out the other side strong and proud, some people break down and become emotional and jump on the blame game bandwagon, and some are just happy to hide away and see it through. I'm not necessarily saying who's right and who's wrong because everyone has their own way of dealing with crisis' but you certainly find out which people you'd want behind you if you had to go to war or something...

Last edited:
I like that way of thinking. "Thanks everyone for the help. Gillard F Off to where ya come from cause I don't like you...Oh but leave us ya cheque book red"

Latest posts

Back