RLIs Nissan Patrol rebuild under way

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and thanks for the compliments mate. I really need to get my act together and meet a few of you fellas for a Fourby

G'day folks!

Just purchased these babies from Huntsman Products Pty Ltd. I contacted Kaymar rear bars for a quote on a rear wheel carrier and a duel Jerry can holder. When i bought the Patrol she had the Kaymar rear bar fitted without the carriers. I nearly farken fell over when they quoted me $850.00 each for both swing out carriers! In typical RLI fashion, i said to myself, Ye-Haa baby, i will make the farkers myself!

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

The stud axle kits cost $150.00 delivered, the box section tubing will cost me about $ 150.00 the two Jerry can holders cost me $60.00, the two locking latches cost me $50.00 $20.00 for spray paint!, $20.00 for mig wire. A grand total of $450.00 tops! Compared to $1,700.00.

PS, when i come back from Brisbane from the hospital next Wednesday i will start on the swing-out carriers. As usual i will keep you all posted with pics!

Regards,

RLI
:shotgun:

Thats heavy product, not light weight rubbish

G'evening d22dave,

When it come to corrugations and the weight swinging of these suckers, you certainly want know that the product being used is strong Australian made steel.

I could have bought Chinese made for $100.00 and they were half the size of the Australian made ones. For the extra $50.00 it is cheap insurance especially being in remote areas like the Cape!

Regards,

RLI
:shooter:

G'evening Trendsetters!

I have just got my Patrol back from the Mechanic who just fitted my new 4 x Terrain H/duty clutch kit. I have to say i am impressed, i thought the pedal might be hard, however, i cannot tell between the factory clutch set-up and this new 4 x Terrain H/duty set-up.

PS, heading out on Saturday to various local tracks to put the beastie through its paces. Will keep you all informed!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

G'day Trendsetters,

I have just order two new front and rear toughdog panhard rods, front and rear slotted and dimpled disk brake rotors and finally a triple core copper brass h/duty radiator. (RLI's Christmas presents!)

PS, I will tell the wife later!

Regards,

RLI
:shotgun:

Ha-haa look girls and boys,

Santa farken delivered nice boy RLI all these lovely gifts to fit to my Patrol!

IMG_1407.jpg

PS, I am sorry little girls and boys if Santa fails to delivery your presents in tomorrow, you see, he's got a farken hernia and a rooted back carrying all of RLI's lovely presents!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

RLI

Ha Ha Lounge Lizards!

This is what Santa brought RLI!

1. A brand new triple core copper/brass h/duty radiator to assist the cooling!

IMG_1405.jpg

2. Front and rear tough dog panhard rods!

IMG_1404.jpg

3. RDA front and rear slotted and dimpled rotors

IMG_1399.jpg

more to follow over!
:sniper:

4. A swivel hub bearing kit!

IMG_1406.jpg

5. and finally, a rear spoiler for the roof!

My wife cannot wait to meet and see all the members of this magnificent forum at the next annual meeting! I find that strange, she never been interested in forum meets before!!!!! oh, well she might have changed her ways!

Or it could do with the fact that i bought her a brand new .50 cal Desert Eagle semi-auto hand gun, complete with 10 spare magazines for Christmas! I found that bazaar too, she only ever used 2 magazines with her Glocks, SIG 226 and her H&K USP 40 cal semi-auto handguns!. Oh well, she knows what she wants!LOL

Regards,

RLI

G,day folks!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TRENDSETTERS AND WISHING YOU ALL A SAFE AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

Regards,

RLI

Ha-haa look girls and boys,

Santa farken delivered nice boy RLI all these lovely gifts to fit to my Patrol!

IMG_1407.jpg

PS, I am sorry little girls and boys if Santa fails to delivery your presents in tomorrow, you see, he's got a farken hernia and a rooted back carrying all of RLI's lovely presents!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

RLI

G,day kids,

Santa called and told me that he went to the chiropractors and he will be back on deck tonight!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TRENDSETTERS AND WISHING YOU ALL A SAFE AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

Regards,

Paul and Ally and family!

G'evening D22 Dave,

I will take your advice for next Christmas mate!

My wife is a lovely woman,she is ex-Russian Special Forces, she looks a lot like the Russian heavyweight boxing champion. She stands at 6 feet 5 inches, Weighs around 135 kg of solid mussel. Her hobbies include axe throwing, knife throwing, running marathons carrying 50kg of rocks,pistol shooting,Skiing with a cross-bow, long range sniping with .50cal rifles and she loves wrestling crocodiles (little ole 20 footers!)

PS, when she tells me, that i love her, i just follow her orders! She is so remarkable, she knew the day we were going to get married. She told me and this was on the first date! I have never had an argument with her yet, neither have the children, neighbor's or come to think of it, her fellow work colleagues! Everyone one must be so overwelved by her beauty. Lol

Regards,

RLI

:rofl2:

Last edited:
G'evening D22 Dave,

I will take your advice for next Christmas mate!

My wife is a lovely woman,she is ex-Russian Special Forces, she looks a lot like the Russian heavyweight boxing champion. She stands at 6 feet 5 inches, Weighs around 135 kg of solid mussel. Her hobbies include axe throwing, knife throwing, running marathons carrying 50kg of rocks,pistol shooting,Skiing with a cross-bow, long range sniping with .50cal rifles and she loves wrestling crocodiles (little ole 20 footers!)

PS, when she tells me, that i love her, i just follow her orders! She is so remarkable, she knew the day we were going to get married. She told me and this was on the first date! I have never had an argument with her yet, neither have the children, neighbor's or come to think of it, her fellow work colleagues! Everyone one must be so overwelved by her beauty. Lol

Regards,

RLI

:rofl2:

But can she cook:rofl2:

if this is Mrs RLI....she can cook too.

G'day mate!

That's Borris, my mother-inlaw. She killed over 200 Germans during World War 2 and another 13 she strangled to death. Those thirteen failed to eat her food!

Regards,

RLI
:saberfighting:

How i wired up my gauges!

G'day Trendsetters,

The following is how i wired up my glow-shift gauges!

Oil pressure sender!

First remove the original oil pressure sender unit which is located next to the oil filter closest to the radiator. So you don not have buy a genuine $50.00 Nissan socket. I modified and cut down an old 1 inch AF ring spanner. I cut the length to 125mm. Using a round file, file back all the inside teeth so they are all rounded. A cheap supercheap spanner would probably cost you about $2.00 and fifteen minutes filing.

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

More to follow over!

Regards,

RLI

Latest posts

Back